PDA

View Full Version : New Car (went to the darkside)

Tracer
09-02-2003, 06:02 PM
I know most of you wont like it, but I just got a 1996 Z28 Camaro. It has 90k on it. It has a 6spd, 5.7 litre v8 with 285 hp stock. It has a chip and k&n air filter, and im not sure how much hp that puts it at. I gotta tell ya, this thing screams. Its so much different than my 86 325es! I love this v8 sound. Tell me what you think. NO FLAMES!

-Tracer

SpoolinS6
09-02-2003, 06:04 PM
u should of put the money u bought that for in your e30
thats wat i would of done !

bmwm5lover
09-02-2003, 06:18 PM
Meh....

tlaselva
09-02-2003, 06:47 PM
Never mind the nay-sayers.....:moon:

Power potential for that LS1 is almost limitless, and aftermarket is huge, and inexpensive.
Here's a link for the best LS1 tuner in Canada, and arguably in North America. They currently hold the title for fastest tuned LS1 N/A....> *Agostino Racing Engines (http://www.agostino-racing.com/)

Congrats, and nice ride! *th-up*

jeremy
09-02-2003, 07:06 PM
looks good !!! chevy's are grrrrrrreat........dont listen to these other clowns, you'll dub them at any light !! *th-up*

crusher
09-02-2003, 07:10 PM
OMG!! I was just contemplating on getting a camaro too.. Congrats on the new car and the camaro is very nice on red hehehe

PS: Tony thanks for the tuner link, that site rocks :)

tlaselva
09-02-2003, 07:41 PM
May also want to visit LS1 (www.ls1.com) .
Everything you need to know about the LS1.

Now take her out to Cayuga, and see what she can do....:)

SeRb
09-02-2003, 08:41 PM
wait u have a 5.7 v8. . .
and u say u want to do an "engine swap"?

wtf

isnt that enough?

Tracer
09-02-2003, 08:50 PM
LoL my sig is old. Dont pay attendtion to it. Thanks for all of the comments guys. I appreciate them. I love this car. I cant wait to actually line up with something decent at a stop light. These guys in their honda's, mitsubishi's, and other 4 cyl cars are just crackin me up. I see them pull up with their 5 ft tall wing, their freaking coffee can exhaust, and then they rev up..............................................*n o-no* I dont know whether to actually rev back and smoke them, or just laugh my ass off. By the time i get out of first at around 40mph........i have already heard them shift like 2 times. Its so hilarious.

-Tracer

SeRb
09-02-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Tracer
LoL my sig is old. Dont pay attendtion to it. Thanks for all of the comments guys. I appreciate them. I love this car. I cant wait to actually line up with something decent at a stop light. These guys in their honda's, mitsubishi's, and other 4 cyl cars are just crackin me up. I see them pull up with their 5 ft tall wing, their freaking coffee can exhaust, and then they rev up..............................................*n o-no* I dont know whether to actually rev back and smoke them, or just laugh my ass off. By the time i get out of first at around 40mph........i have already heard them shift like 2 times. Its so hilarious.

-Tracer

my uncles friend has a camaro callaway ss or something like that . . .
that shit puts out like close to 500 horses. . .

can u say drool-fest?
lol*mw* *love*

but i get what u mean bout those guys in their hondas. . . i mean i can smoke them in my ****in mazda. . .i mean comon. . .
lol

anyways, u gotta give respect to those guys who do nice stuff with em and shit. . .
like i'd give props to anyone with a type-r in a crx

BMW BMXer
09-02-2003, 09:08 PM
I hate those body style camaros.

But I like chevys.

Gscott_80
09-02-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by tlaselva
Never mind the nay-sayers.....:moon:

Power potential for that LS1 is almost limitless, and aftermarket is huge, and inexpensive.
Here's a link for the best LS1 tuner in Canada, and arguably in North America. They currently hold the title for fastest tuned LS1 N/A....> *Agostino Racing Engines (http://www.agostino-racing.com/)

Congrats, and nice ride! *th-up*

That is an LT-1 engine, waaaay different mill than LS-1

moerom
09-02-2003, 10:27 PM
Nice job!!

Trust me, heads and cam, full exhaust on that thing and you'll be in the low 12's, possibly 11's, depending on your setup.

Most people don't understand the whole muscle thing, so don't worry about it.

I'm a hardcore Ford guy, but I have respect for Chevy, esp. the Camaros.

Good job man!

Tracer
09-02-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by moerom
Nice job!!

Trust me, heads and cam, full exhaust on that thing and you'll be in the low 12's, possibly 11's, depending on your setup.

Most people don't understand the whole muscle thing, so don't worry about it.

I'm a hardcore Ford guy, but I have respect for Chevy, esp. the Camaros.

Good job man!

Thanks bro,

I am going to be looking into getting a new cam/heads and a full exhaust system. I have been lookin on z28 forums gathering different things. I hear that SLP makes some nice exhaust systems, and so does borla......but you gotta pay a lot for borla. I also want to get n02. Its ez to get for these cars, and when i get new heads/cam and the exhaust a 150shot will be fine, maybe a little more. But I dont want to hurt the engine to badly.....i'll have to do a lot more research on that before I do anything. I probably will start modding next summer, right now im in college and its hard to get a lot of extra money. I guess there is always christmas! "Mom i just want a new cam/heads and a new exhaust!"

THanks for the comments,

-Ryan

SpudBoy
09-03-2003, 12:00 AM
Laugh you a$$ off till you meet the ALMIGHTY...

M coupe piloted buy Spud...

If you know how to drive, you'll beat me 0-60...

If you don't prepare to blush*sad*

Nice choise*th-up*

I love V8's

///Milk
09-03-2003, 01:18 AM
Camaro's are aight
See em everywhere tho
Make that bitch stronger than tlaselva's vette! :P :D

tlaselva
09-03-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by ///Milk
Camaro's are aight
See em everywhere tho
Make that bitch stronger than tlaselva's vette! :P :D

He only has till the spring next year to get his car to the high 12's.
After that, the Vette's going to ARE to get her turned up a notch.......;)

Tracer, if you wanted to head over to Cayuga one Friday evening and have some fun, pm me.

Gscott_80
09-03-2003, 03:10 AM
LT-1's don't need new heads, you port the ones you have, to get you started, chop the MAF, Big Bore TB, Headers, true dual exhaust (most people will tell you it can't be done, f them, I have it on an LS-1 Camaro , dual 3" pipes from the headers to the tips/ no muffler cats quiet it enough) Chop up your intake box (remove the bellows). That should be enough to get you goin for pretty cheap. Nitrous is definitely a real easy add on for these. I use a 170 wet system and have had no probs with motor. Total cost for N2O system-Approx. $400 (built it ourselves and works beautifully)

Tracer
09-03-2003, 05:00 AM
LOL SPUDBOY! I'll waste you :) I just got new tires yesterday. They stick like no other. I can almost drop the clutch from 5k and they stick, depending on the surface/temperature outside. I live in kansas city, missouri. I dont think i'll be in Canada anytime soon. I'd love to take it to the track and see what I could run. I am thinkin with it being my first time on a strip i'd probably run a high 14, maybe a mid 14. I know that guys who have some experience at the track can run low 14's maybe a high 13 in their stock lt1 camaro's with a 6pd and on street tires. I'm not gonna say im the best driver out there, but i can hold my own with a stick. Its all i've ever driven. I'm still gettin used to this though. In the bmw my gas pedal was attatched at the floor, in this it comes down from above and its A LOT more responsive, and takes way less pressure to get the rpm's goin. The clutch also seems to engage later than in my bmw, which engaged almost right when i started to let it out, this car it engages later. Could that mean that i need a new clutch? It's just a lot different, and a LOT of fun.

Gscott, thanks for the info. I'll that into consideration b/c of my low budget for now. I might be able to get some of that stuff before spring. I'd like to get enough things done so i can run at least a 13.3 in the 1/4 before summer.

Thanks again for all of the comments.

-Tracer

P.S. spud, get on the highway at about 70 and we will see who can pull on who :) Its geared a lot different than my bmw, i can stay in first until about 40, then in 2nd til around 65-70 then third.........well around 100, i got it up to 110 today showin a friend my car then i backed off.

Mitch555
09-04-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by SeRb
my uncles friend has a camaro callaway ss or something like that . . .
that shit puts out like close to 500 horses. . .

One day I was bored so I went to a bunch of dealerships around my area to test drive a bunch of cars. I came across one of these Callaway Camaro's for sale. I seemed very interested in the car and all that crap you gotta pull off to make it seem like your really want it. Anywhooz.... I asked the guy if I could take it for a spin after a 15 min serious convo with the guy about the car. He said no can do. Not even the salesman's manager was allowed to drive the car! lol That car has BALLS!!!!! almost 600 horses! Very rare car!

SpudBoy
09-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Tracer
LOL SPUDBOY! I'll waste you :) I just got new tires yesterday. They stick like no other. I can almost drop the clutch from 5k and they stick, depending on the surface/temperature outside. I live in kansas city, missouri. I dont think i'll be in Canada anytime soon. I'd love to take it to the track and see what I could run. I am thinkin with it being my first time on a strip i'd probably run a high 14, maybe a mid 14. I know that guys who have some experience at the track can run low 14's maybe a high 13 in their stock lt1 camaro's with a 6pd and on street tires. I'm not gonna say im the best driver out there, but i can hold my own with a stick. Its all i've ever driven. I'm still gettin used to this though. In the bmw my gas pedal was attatched at the floor, in this it comes down from above and its A LOT more responsive, and takes way less pressure to get the rpm's goin. The clutch also seems to engage later than in my bmw, which engaged almost right when i started to let it out, this car it engages later. Could that mean that i need a new clutch? It's just a lot different, and a LOT of fun.

-Tracer

P.S. spud, get on the highway at about 70 and we will see who can pull on who :) Its geared a lot different than my bmw, i can stay in first until about 40, then in 2nd til around 65-70 then third.........well around 100, i got it up to 110 today showin a friend my car then i backed off.

SpudBoy
09-04-2003, 10:36 PM
Tracer: I'm just fun'n with ya. I doubt I could hang with you. The one thing that attracted me to the M coupe was the torque of the S52 combined with the light weight. A little like my buddy's old 350 Nova. Torque + light weight = weapon.
enjoy!

Spud.

P.S. Sorry for the blank quote, I got a little trigger happy:D

SickFinga
09-04-2003, 11:01 PM
Tracer nice car, but M Coupe will pull on you.

crusher
09-05-2003, 12:04 AM
The last generation Mcoupe i think 2002? with 300+ HP will pull on stock z28. But anyways, both cars are sick IMO.

Jeff

Tracer
09-05-2003, 03:02 PM
Haha I'm just playin around also Spud. I love bmw's and if i could have got a bmw with the the power/performance i wanted for the same money i got the camaro for, i would have got the bmw. Thanks again for the comments. I'll take some more pics of it after I get her cleaned up, inside and more outside pics.

-Tracer

addbhp
09-05-2003, 03:21 PM
Nice Choice!

As much as I love my BMW's handling, the 94-97 Camaro's are awesome. A buddy has a 95 with the same motor as you, but a lighter version, no A/C, no power windows, he's done the throttle body, the cold air intake, the SS exhaust, momo seat, 1/2 cage, subframe connectors, and Headers (that look like a work of art) and this thing flys. You have to love the exhaust note.

Having driven the car at Cayuga's road track... it was a blast, power anytime you need it, and handling not bad for stock.

I'm tempted to do the same thing one day. Good choice again.

TiemenT
09-05-2003, 05:04 PM
the car looks like a frog :( don't like it...allthough it's a great car, but i wouldn't buy it... enjoy it