PDA

View Full Version : turbocharging a e30 325e?

E30ZeRo
09-02-2003, 12:34 AM
i could easily get ahold of a turbo/welded exhaust manifold/ intercooler/and the other basic turbo setup parts. but i was wondering if i ran the turbo at 4-6 psi would i need to replace anyhting else than the fuel injectors, would i need new software or fuel pumps. i know how a turbo works, i just need a little help. thanks guys

diegom6
09-02-2003, 02:26 AM
I think , the engine can handle the press at last 6.5 PSI or so... more than that, you will need to retard the advance, bigger injectors, even with low press is recomendable and may you should get a Garret T25, a good size for the Eta, since them turns only 5 K RPM right?

mike125k
09-02-2003, 01:59 PM
if you only want to go mild on boost, you should be able to get away with keeping it relatively stock. run an FMU instead of getting a new chip burned it will be alot cheaper and easier. you will have to look into the specs on the injectors to see if they have enough duty cycle left in them to handle increased pressure and flow. the same applies to the fuel pump if it can handle the new flow rate you will need. 4-5psi you would most likely be able to keep stock injectors and fuel pump, they should be able to handle it no problem.