PDA

View Full Version : just a warning regarding classifieds

jeremy
08-28-2003, 01:32 AM
there has been alot of fraud going on at some of the various bmw forums....be very carefull who you buy from...make sure to get all sorts of information from the seller and check him out with other members and boards...these con-artists have gone as far as shipping boxes full of foam and magazines so they can provide the buyer with real tracking numbers....some of the places hit recently have been, dtmpower,bimmerforums,turnermotorsports etc etc.....if you guys have any info on bad sellers, please pass the info along to other members...maybe the mods can make a special "buyer beware" section ?.....

BE CAREFUL WHO YOU BUY FROM

jer

NickP
08-28-2003, 01:57 AM
A buyer feedback section is a great idea

Jase
08-28-2003, 02:11 AM
I have done ok as far as the main portion of max members goes ( the ones I have bought from anyhow). But I have ben burnt bad before. Only problem is that the moderator would have to referee the feedback to be sure it is fair.
Just my .02

Soldo
08-28-2003, 03:37 AM
Jeremy, thanks man, thats a good idea, and a good heads up too!
I think the closest we had was the guy who bought the skirts off me then tried to sell it as OEM stuff and even posted a pic of an OEM bumper!

SpoolinS6
08-28-2003, 03:58 AM
we should have a section of user bac up
to see who where buying the stuff off!

SpudBoy
08-28-2003, 09:37 PM
Caveat emptor...

"let the buyer beware"

I doubt maXbimmer will have a "slander the seller" section due to legal reasons but that doesn't stop members from posting a bad experience in the for sale section*th-up*

Apparently bimmian.com posted a policy where they will not ever acknowledge a complaint if details are posted on the internet. Seems a little over the top but some customers will complain about great service. $hit happens and some people just have too much time on thier hands so they complain because those clear corners didn't turn thier ride into a 10 second car.

wise words Jeremy.

Soldo
08-28-2003, 09:43 PM
No but i think a seller section,like on ebay, should be allowed, if you got the products without hassle, and they were in the shape described by the seller, that sorta thing!!
SPUD QUIT THE BOOZIN!
lol

slemmer
08-29-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by jeremy
.....if you guys have any info on bad sellers, please pass the info along to other members...maybe the mods can make a special "buyer beware" section ?.....

BE CAREFUL WHO YOU BUY FROM

jer

..... better to learn from somebody else mistake than your own ... "buyer beware" section sounds like an excellent idea ...

Predator_e36
08-29-2003, 12:32 AM
thats y i buy my stuff up front no long distance shit

oh and btw, thank WASABI for the muffler, the car fells better the before

SpudBoy
08-29-2003, 12:48 AM
Booz'n...

me?

aaaaaaaaaa...

sorry (hick!*drink* )

that's me tonight;)

WASABI
08-29-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by e36=m3square
thats y i buy my stuff up front no long distance shit

oh and btw, thank WASABI for the muffler, the car fells better the before

You're welcome. Good to know that you had no problems with the fitment. *th-up*

AndreNY
08-29-2003, 04:43 PM
yea be aware of ME. i sold my brock B1's 4 times so i made alot of $$$ but i never sent them to anybody *shiner* *shiner* *shiner* J/K i wish i sold them :(

jeremy
08-29-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by AndreNY
yea be aware of ME. i sold my brock B1's 4 times so i made alot of $$$ but i never sent them to anybody *shiner* *shiner* *shiner* J/K i wish i sold them :(

i wish they were cheaper :D ......so will you tell us what you bought to replace them ? my guess is keskin kt1's ?

Suprarz
08-30-2003, 03:24 AM
just something, IM on Supraforums.com. of course i have a supra, still love bimmers tho :)

anyways we have a buyer/seller feedback section wich is prety usefull people use it alot,
always nice to know who to buy from and who not to.