PDA

View Full Version : Updated look, new rims

BMW_7
08-27-2003, 10:50 PM
:

BMW_7
08-27-2003, 10:52 PM
255's in the rear = no lowering :)

The front sits higher because the tire is not as long, but my lip will soon fix that...

(soldomatic this is how the rims would look on your car). I am thinking of powdercoating the "BMW Motorsport" letters... ideas?

KaschmirBeige3
08-28-2003, 02:34 AM
Looks really good with the rims on. 255's on the rear? dayum thats wide boy*th-up*. All you need now IMO is some nice clears and you're all set:idea:

Soldo
08-28-2003, 04:40 AM
DAMN, looks real good man!
I have NO IDEA how you managed to fit 255's out back, but come time for next auto-x you'll notice the rubbing, you HAVE TO!!
Ya if i get those, i wonder what they'd look like with the CENTER part of the rim powder coated black, with a polished lip?!?!
PHOTOSHOP ANYONE (huckle i'm thinking of YOU if your reading this!!!)!!
If it looks good i'm gonna pick up that set i think, but since my car is lowered, with the coilovers that is, i think the offset would make it rub against the springs up front, hence forcing me to buy spacers, which i really don't wanna do!
But again, looks AMAZING, specially with that HUGE ASS REAR!!
CHEERS!

330DTM
08-28-2003, 06:01 AM
Looking good BMW_7! Looks like it's time to lower that car. haha.
The front wheel gap on the non-sport package suspension setup just looks disgusting on all E36's.

KennyTheGreat
08-28-2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by 328DTM
Looking good BMW_7! Looks like it's time to lower that car. haha.
The front wheel gap on the non-sport package suspension setup just looks disgusting on all E36's.

I have to agree

tho the new wheels look nice...

Ken

WASABI
08-28-2003, 01:24 PM
Looks great on the car ! *th-up*

One thing about the performance though, 255 on 7.5" wide rim, I can't see any advantage. I'll bet you have a larger contact patch on the fronts. 255 is really only recommended on 8.5 or wider rims to get the best contact patch. With the 7.5" width, you're forcing the tires to sort of "bulge".

BMW_7
08-28-2003, 01:42 PM
lol I know, I know... The front tires are worn and the rear tires are hard as a rock (they are old). So when I'll be picking up a new set, I'll get 235's all round.

I don't think I'll be rubbing, I did some experimenting, it is OK as long as my suspension is stock. These tires came from a M3 which has slightly lower springs too.

The only complaint witht them is the acceleration and the harsh ride. Once I go above 60 km/h on a bad road the rear end slips and vibrates.

SickFinga
08-28-2003, 04:38 PM
BMW_7 your car looks sooooooooo much better.
But like Dildo said, once you go to autox, you will notice rubbing, and once you get more people in the car a slight bump with give you even more rubbing.
It is still weird that m3 had 255 on the back
first rims are too small for that, if i'm correct those are 8.5.
and the only way i can think of fitting those rims is that they were on COUPE with a rolled fenders.
Coupes got wider fenders.

Soldo
08-28-2003, 04:59 PM
Oh ya, i forgot about the acceleration too, see if you can still spin the tires, when i had my 320, it was almost IMPOSSIBLE for me to spin my 18's cause they were TOO DAMN HEAVY!! And with 255's in the rear, thos things must wheigh a TON, check it out and let us know!