PDA

View Full Version : ever heard about PAGIT brake pad?

phaust
08-27-2003, 02:13 PM
im changing my brake pad today.. well in about 4 hours..

it's a brand that i never heard but my friend told me that is VERY good.. it's called PAGIT or something like that..

well just wondering if somebody have that kind of pad or heard of them..

thanks!
*th-up*

magnus
08-27-2003, 02:22 PM
They are good but...and i found that a very BIG but, they are very dirty to use. They will cover your wheels in dust all the time!On the other hand for their price i found them extremely good!

Soldo
08-27-2003, 04:12 PM
Ya i'm waiting to install a set of mine, PAGID is the same company that BMW uses on its MOTOSPORT cars, i believe the M3 GTR, so i would believe they're pretty good pads, but i head the same downside, dirty as hell!
But oh well, theres ALWAYS a catch!

MP328
08-27-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
Ya i'm waiting to install a set of mine, PAGID is the same company that BMW uses on its MOTOSPORT cars, i believe the M3 GTR, so i would believe they're pretty good pads, but i head the same downside, dirty as hell!
But oh well, theres ALWAYS a catch!

i got them on my car, bimmersport put them on for me, and i dont know why u guys say they are dirty i have yet to see any extreme brake dust on my wheels, then again i have big gaps on my wheels.

but i made the mistake not to change rotors when my pads were gone, so my car sucks in braking now. now i know why the dealership doesnt change brake pads only. but only the combo!!!

Mitch555
08-27-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by MP328
but i made the mistake not to change rotors when my pads were gone, so my car sucks in braking now. now i know why the dealership doesnt change brake pads only. but only the combo!!!

I think brakes are a next priority now!!! :D

Furious
08-27-2003, 08:33 PM
i have padgid on my car right now, better than average, much less brake dust than OEM , what i mean by better than average is that they are better than most but not the best on the shelf

phaust
08-28-2003, 07:22 AM
hi all!

well they are now on the car! pagid brake pad, and brambo rotors

nice combo! brake as hell if i compare with my old one! hehe i tryed some nasty hardcore brake scenario, and they do the job!

*th-up* *th-up* *th-up*

and for the dirty side.. dunno, it's tooo dark outside (3am)

and for the sensor.. the one in the frontwheel is dead.. my friend have done a bypass on it so i don't have the anoying red light for the moment.. (my bmw dealership is close for the moment) so it's will take time before i can have a new sensor!

Gamite
08-28-2003, 09:09 AM
I dunno bout you guys, but I get MAD BRAKE DUST!

phaust
08-28-2003, 05:15 PM
well i will keep you in touch.. i will wash my rims this weekend and see if it's worse than the other ones.

*th-up*

Furious
08-28-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Gamite

get some dustless next brake job you get Julian.

phaust
09-04-2003, 05:31 PM
after 1 week, not a lot of break dust.. it's like the bmw one imo..

davide30
09-07-2003, 06:35 PM
very good brake and love the they do

Soldo
09-07-2003, 06:48 PM
Hey guys, forgot all about this thread, i finally got around to installing all my brembro rotors, with the combination of PAGID pads, and so far the b dust has been kept to a minimal, but i am noticing some already, still haven't been able to brake properly yet, cause i'm still breakin in the rotors!
Cheers guys!

Mitch555
09-07-2003, 07:51 PM
Hey guys, forgot all about this thread, i finally got around to installing all my brembro rotors, with the combination of PAGID pads, and so far the b dust has been kept to a minimal, but i am noticing some already, still haven't been able to brake properly yet, cause i'm still breakin in the rotors!
Cheers guys!

Niice! What size rotor did ya use?

Soldo
09-07-2003, 07:54 PM
same size, i WISH i got a BBK, can't afford that shit though, its the same size, just with brembro x-drilled, i know the x-drills don't make it brake any better, but they just look SOOOOOOOO nice!!

Mitch555
09-07-2003, 07:56 PM
same size, i WISH i got a BBK, can't afford that shit though, its the same size, just with brembro x-drilled, i know the x-drills don't make it brake any better, but they just look SOOOOOOOO nice!!

Nice! Brembo must have emptied your wallet!! lol How is the braking now? Must be really good!

SpudBoy
09-07-2003, 08:00 PM
Pagid 4-2-1 i think*th-up*

Soldo
09-07-2003, 08:01 PM
The braking is only good cause of the PADS, but i'm sure if i had the same pad setup on NON x-drilled brembo's it would stop even better, breaking times would DECREASE with holes in your rotor cause you actually loose surface area!!
I'm just a sucker for the look though, it looks SO good now, especially with the new rims, and all!

Mitch555
09-07-2003, 08:40 PM
The braking is only good cause of the PADS, but i'm sure if i had the same pad setup on NON x-drilled brembo's it would stop even better, breaking times would DECREASE with holes in your rotor cause you actually loose surface area!!
I'm just a sucker for the look though, it looks SO good now, especially with the new rims, and all!

Sweet! I'll take a look at them at the next meet in 10 years! :D

phaust
09-09-2003, 12:51 AM
well my brembo are not cross drilled.. and with pagid pad.. it's perfect. i tried them this morning , 150 to 60km in about 2-3 sec...wonderfull. but the tires screemed a bit. hehe

for the dust.. humm nothing worse than the original ones..

Miguel
09-11-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Gamite

Werd.

My front rims look gun-metal 1 hour after a wash.