PDA

View Full Version : Me vs. 360 Modena

moerom
08-23-2003, 07:39 PM
I should have posted this earlier lol.

I was leaving Mosport and there happened to be a beautiful 360 Modena in yellow, w/ tubi, and I could hear it was stick (instead of F1).

I was taking my time exiting on the road b/c I wanted to make sure no one was coming, but this guy kept revving his motor, trying to tell me to hurry up.

OK... It's on.

I had a passenger, he had a passenger. I gunned it, he gunned it (only one lane) and there was about 10-20 feet between us. Low speeds, (up to 60 kmh) I had him (Gosh I love 500+ lb/ft of torque) then he started to pull on me. From 60-120 km/h, he made up the 10-20 feet and we cut it out from then.

Down the road, we were both behind a slower moving car, so once the road line became broken, we both cut left to pass. Let's just say he had a very hard time passing me. He would have passed me eventually, that's for sure, but in the low speeds, hje couldn't gain any ground.

Never during any of this time did I say I beat it, nor pull on it. However, he couldn't pull me very hard at all.

Another 2g in mods and I'll be passing him, but that's next year's mod schedule lol

Jon@Bimmersport
08-23-2003, 07:41 PM
LOL thats sick!!!!!!!!! u mofo...if ppl dont beleive it we can ask danny to hook up a 360 for u to run...i wouldnt mind taping it hahaha

moerom
08-23-2003, 07:46 PM
For sure I'll race a 360!! If the guy can drive, I'm toast, but those things are tricky to drive b/c of the peaky powerband.

When the yellow one got onto 401 West, I tried to get him to play, but no dice.

Rolled_Out
08-23-2003, 08:06 PM
moe knows the 360 better than any kid i know..
we have our videos of me and him drilling his dads 360 modena like 2 years ago, hes had tubis on there @ theat point too, so the sounds is awesome..
i should give you that video jon, i've got it here...
we pull right next to an old dude in a 911 lol.. its funny stuff..
i'll give it to you, but its on vhs. i hope you can use it it..

Bavaria
09-03-2003, 09:17 AM
u have to post that man, nice to see, man, im dreaming now :P

tlaselva
09-03-2003, 11:49 AM
Hey Moe,

Nice to hear about your run-in with a 360 Modena. *th-up*

Gotta be fun keeping up with one with a full size pickup!
(Damn I love your truck.... *love* )

Love to run a Modena myself, but the Gods have not smiled on me favorably this summer.
Zr-1 Vette, Modded Mustangs, Grand National yes, but no Modena yet..... :(

So what in pray tell do you have in mind for next year?
Betcha itchin' for a rematch afterwards....:P (poke, poke)

EMPOWERD
09-03-2003, 11:56 AM
so Moe.... in your experience, would you say that 360 is about as fast as a Z06? LOL!

moerom
09-03-2003, 12:51 PM
Z06 and a Modena are about even. A Z06 is much easier to drive fast, and in the proper hands, it will slowly walk a 360 up to about 240-250 where the 360's top speed will start to prevail.

The Modena is a fast car, but its lack of torque combined with lots of downforce give it a relative disadvantage.

Tony, next year, electric fan, increased psi, throttle body, proper intake, Cobra R water pump, etc... which is good for a mid 12 on street tires and a low 12 on a slick.

For now, I'm doing my suspension (the stuff is in my garage and waiting to be installed thursday).

Tony and Randy, neither of you have to worry about anything short of an Enzo :)

Slowered318
09-03-2003, 05:28 PM
Moe if you can't beat em.. you can still bark at em with that side exhaust LOL

tlaselva
09-03-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by moerom
Tony, next year, electric fan, increased psi, throttle body, proper intake, Cobra R water pump, etc... which is good for a mid 12 on street tires and a low 12 on a slick.

I forsee lotsa fun at Cayuga soon.....*th-up*

Hurry up though. Next year, my Z's going in for some work also....*angel*

moerom
09-03-2003, 08:38 PM
Tony, if u do what I think you are doing with your LS6, its gonna take me a few years to catch up.

In the long run , your car will always be faster. I can swap my blower, run about 600hp and do 10's all day long BUT there are street driven 9 sec. z06's, whereas the barrier for speed in Lightnings are 10 seconds.

The suspension goes on tommorrow, as well as my mirrors, so that should help my top end. I am also contemplating going to back to mufflers so gain back the power I lost.

We gotta go to Cayuga before the weather gets below 10. This month we gotta go~!

tlaselva
09-04-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by moerom
Tony, if u do what I think you are doing with your LS6, its gonna take me a few years to catch up.

In the long run , your car will always be faster. I can swap my blower, run about 600hp and do 10's all day long BUT there are street driven 9 sec. z06's, whereas the barrier for speed in Lightnings are 10 seconds.

The suspension goes on tommorrow, as well as my mirrors, so that should help my top end. I am also contemplating going to back to mufflers so gain back the power I lost.

We gotta go to Cayuga before the weather gets below 10. This month we gotta go~!

Let me know when it'd be good for you.
What about Friday 12th?
We'll start a thread to see if anyone else would like to join the party.....:)

crusher
09-04-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by tlaselva
Let me know when it'd be good for you.
What about Friday 12th?
We'll start a thread to see if anyone else would like to join the party.....:) [FONT=arial][FONT=arial]

hey guys... i haven't tried cayuga yet, i'm wondering what we will we doing if we go? what $$$ should I expect to pay? how long is the wait?

Jeff

tlaselva
09-04-2003, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by crusher
[FONT=arial][FONT=arial]

hey guys... i haven't tried cayuga yet, i'm wondering what we will we doing if we go? what $$$ should I expect to pay? how long is the wait?

Jeff

10 dollars to spectate, 20 large to run ur car, as often as you want.
Remember to bring a helmet if you feel your going to break the 14 sec barrier. It's mandatory if you do.

When I was there last Friday, there were never more than 4 cars in line, so I never had to wait more than a minute or so once in line.

Keep an eye out under meets. We usually post when we plan on heading over.

sonic07
09-04-2003, 01:52 PM
nice run moe .... i love to do that with my p/u. cuz if he win he'll be an idiot to tell anybody that he beat a pick up truck .... lol .... but he loose. you got everything to tell.*th-up*

moerom
09-04-2003, 06:33 PM
Thanks bro!!

I know what you are saying.... no one ever suspects the truck!

Jon@Bimmersport
09-04-2003, 10:29 PM
cayuga on the 12th?? next friday???

SpudBoy
09-04-2003, 10:50 PM
[.... no one ever suspects the truck! [/B]

I do:huh?:

tlaselva
09-05-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by SpudBoy
I do:huh?:

Be suprised how many people dismiss the Lightning.
Many people don't know about it, they think it's just a slow truck.

Not until Moe educates them with a quick show of his tailgate as I witnessed with my E46 M3..... twice :D

moerom
09-05-2003, 12:25 PM
It is still no match for the mighty Z, as well as the cornering abilities of the MCoupe!