PDA

View Full Version : MY 330 ci

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
08-23-2003, 04:30 AM
i was just wondering wat would be the best way to race with my car the engine is stock and i turn off traction control which makes a huge difference in my launch but i still am not satisfied

please dont post any stupid comments about i cant drive unless your a shumacher

i find when i launch with traction off then turn it on after 1st gear i get better times

is this bad

wat should i rev to when i lauch

please help

Soldo
08-23-2003, 04:37 AM
IMO, just FUK the Traction, can't help much, i mean when it cuts power to the engine it does it worse then your foot would do!

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
08-23-2003, 04:41 AM
you think but i am satisfied with it after first just after launch i feel a slight pause kinda

could this be some restriction or a limited slip am i revving to high or to low to launch

M3ti Compact
08-23-2003, 04:43 AM
The first thing an real automotive enthusiast does before putting it in gear, is pressing the traction control off button. :)

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
08-23-2003, 04:48 AM
ok i dont no if ur implying that im not a real enthusiast or watever but i do turn it off
as i posted in the very first post

crusher
08-23-2003, 01:28 PM
turn off a/c and then ACS+T or DSC for u.. I feel that the a/c eats too much when doing a launch

330DTM
08-23-2003, 01:46 PM
Just leave traction control and DSC off if you're doing launches.

Also when you launch, do it at the right revs because if you don't, you're just going to bog off the launch and it's pretty easy to tell if you bogged or not.

I've never driven a 330 before so I don't know the right revs, however you just gotta play around till you find the sweet spot.

Also too much wheelspin will result in a crappy start. Again you may want to experiment but if you launch try dumping it and then try it again but slipping it just enough that you get that perfect launch.

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
08-24-2003, 05:42 AM
all i turned off was my little asc button beside my shifter is there another buttom to turn off or is that it
does anyone know wat revs i should stick around to find my best launch

Soldo
08-24-2003, 05:48 AM
well with the revs, its basically trial and error, USUALLY somehwere around 3-4000 RPM, i would assume would be a good launch, but one thing to improve the launch, don't just DUMP the clutch when you launhc, you gotta sorta play with it, like go to the point where the clutch is about to grab, then sorta release it SLOWLY and once you start to sorta FEEL it griping, then release and give FULL throttle!

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
08-24-2003, 06:09 AM
thanks solda i appreciate that
my car is much different from all the my other cars
i no my car has more potential and im just trying to find out without the really big trial and error period so i dont fuk anything up

djcontra
08-24-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
don't just DUMP the clutch when you launhc, you gotta sorta play with it, like go to the point where the clutch is about to grab, then sorta release it SLOWLY and once you start to sorta FEEL it griping, then release and give FULL throttle!

Just watch out that you don't rev too much and burn out your clutch (like I've been doing accidentally :D)