PDA

View Full Version : Tint Starting To Bubble

OILERS
08-19-2003, 02:24 PM
My rear window, the tint is starting to bubble up in some spots. is there any way i can stop it from more bubbles starting. is there any way to get rid of the existing bubbles.
how much does it cost if i wanna replace the back tint

///M3_Chick
08-19-2003, 02:32 PM
where did u get it tinted?

sadda///M
08-19-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by OILERS
My rear window, the tint is starting to bubble up in some spots. is there any way i can stop it from more bubbles starting. is there any way to get rid of the existing bubbles.
how much does it cost if i wanna replace the back tint

Im afraid once it starts bubbling, you cant stop it. For existing bubbles, puncture the bubble using a pin, wet that specific area and try to smooth it out. That's the best you can do.

Or you can just rip the whole tint off. Blow hot air onto it using a hairdryer and hopefully the adhesive would become gooey and gummy then carefully pull the old tints. You need the patience of mother theresa tho. What a pain in the arse.

djcontra
08-19-2003, 02:39 PM
like what saddam said, use a pin and pop the bubble with one small puncture, and then smooth it out. it's not going to look perfect, but it'll last until you get it redone

WASABI
08-19-2003, 03:35 PM
Should be covered under warranty if you had it done at a reputable place.

OILERS
08-19-2003, 04:34 PM
thanks, i'll try the idea with the pin. it should make it somewhat better. when i bought the car a few years ago it already had the tints (BMW logo on the tints), so i'm assuming when the car was new(1994) the original owner got the tints with the car. so i'm assuming it's been there for 9 years, just started bubbling this summer, SUCKS. and slowly getting worse. does anyone know how much it may cost to replace it eventually.

Mitch555
08-19-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by OILERS
thanks, i'll try the idea with the pin. it should make it somewhat better. when i bought the car a few years ago it already had the tints (BMW logo on the tints), so i'm assuming when the car was new(1994) the original owner got the tints with the car. so i'm assuming it's been there for 9 years, just started bubbling this summer, SUCKS. and slowly getting worse. does anyone know how much it may cost to replace it eventually.

You can go to Tint King or any good reputable Tint shop and get your whole car tinted for under $200! I think itz worth it at this stage!

flamatron
08-19-2003, 06:42 PM
Do you have a picture of the Bmw logo on the tint. *th-up*

OILERS
08-20-2003, 11:55 AM
i don't have a pic of the bmw logo, i may be able to take one. why you asking.