PDA

View Full Version : Please help, major problem

nzer
08-18-2003, 11:34 AM
WELL.. to start let me say I raced a Lancer and some kind of Corolla Trueno/Levin.. and beat the lancer and lost to the Levin .. just. Anyway on these launches I got some pretty massive wheel spin.

Now.. everything is fine on the drive home. I go out to play pool later.. happily travelling on the motorway when I hear a slight knocking.. repetitively coming from the back end.. ok.. I back off and roll for a bit.. noise is there but not bad.. change to 3rd and give it some gas.. LOUD knocking.. horrible. Nothing I can do.. when i get to pool i take off the back wheels look for anything knocking or stones.. No luck.. SO i'm left with something that sounds suspiciously like a ****ed diff.. I'm taking it to my mechanic .. Anyone have any ideas of have experianced this before? This is the final straw with this car.. I'm selling it and getting an e36 if its the diff.

Thanks

Andrew

nzer
08-18-2003, 11:43 AM
I ain't been to mechanics yet.. but i've found a diff from a 323i.. He claimes its LSD.. can anyone verify that?

Furious
08-18-2003, 12:27 PM
im bet you blew your Guibo disk, not too expensive it happens if your really hard on the car (launches and stuff) because its made of rubber.

nzer
08-18-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Furious325is
im bet you blew your Guibo disk, not too expensive it happens if your really hard on the car (launches and stuff) because its made of rubber.

well just been to mechanic.. he didn't call it the guibo disk but the doughnut ring.. its probably the same thing. It has blown and is now leaking oil.. which would explain my burning smell that i've been getting..and something is just touching the driveshaft. phewww..not too serious heh.

Only about 200 kiwi dollars to fix (160ish Canadian)

Furious
08-18-2003, 10:26 PM
no guibo disk shouldnt leak anything, (btw- guibo disk is the actual term that BMW mechanics use for the part) it basically connects your tranny to the driveshaft. when it blows, your driveshaft goes all out of wack, glad to know you got it fixed though.

nzer
08-18-2003, 11:33 PM
he was talking about a 15 dollar seal that was leaking also