PDA

View Full Version : tire pressures


Jon@Bimmersport
08-18-2003, 01:50 AM
i am just wondering, i know tire pressure is a major factor in the car's handling and performance..so what im wondering is...for normal driving, and the odd drift/off ramp handling skills...wat is the best pressure to set the tires at? my bro has 14" rims i forgot the size..i think 205

windsor318is
08-18-2003, 02:20 AM
the tires are probably 195/65/14's if he has the correct tires on them....i believe the proper psi according to the manual is 30psi in the front and 32 in the back

Jon@Bimmersport
08-18-2003, 03:24 AM
thanks man!!

Soldo
08-18-2003, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
i am just wondering, i know tire pressure is a major factor in the car's handling and performance..so what im wondering is...for normal driving, and the odd drift/off ramp handling skills...wat is the best pressure to set the tires at? my bro has 14" rims i forgot the size..i think 205 Quit talkin like you know shit and get a G1 FIRST so you can actually DRIVE a car with different tire pressures!
:moon:

Autotechnica
08-18-2003, 03:50 AM
29F/32R is the man. recommendation. This setup will produce understeer. To get the most neutral hanlding, I use anything between 31-32 F/R.

The best thing is to drive the car around and just change the tire pressures based on how you drive. Different tire sizes require different tire pressures. Same goes for driving styles.

Bry

Jon@Bimmersport
08-18-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
Quit talkin like you know shit and get a G1 FIRST so you can actually DRIVE a car with different tire pressures!
:moon:

not for me asshole..for my bro..i dont need a license to keep my bros car properly set up and maintaned..so whoever else is going to post that, **** OFF

tlaselva
08-18-2003, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
not for me asshole..for my bro..i dont need a license to keep my bros car properly set up and maintaned..so whoever else is going to post that, **** OFF

Amen.....

BoBimmer
08-18-2003, 06:49 AM
LOL ROCK ON JON!!! Like i have told everyone you are learning everything you can soak up and as soon as you get license and car everybody better watch out cause you are gonna blow up fo' sho' With the baddest car runnin'!

Jon@Bimmersport
08-18-2003, 07:15 AM
lol, guys..apparently kev was joking..so hes kool...i guess when ppl give me the license thing it pisses me off

btw, bobimmer..wat were the best tires u had on your 14s?

BoBimmer
08-18-2003, 08:28 AM
The best were Yokohamas!! Still have them too! Man those Yoko's are really good they make a great tire!!

BoBimmer
08-18-2003, 08:29 AM
P.S. Mine were like the base model yokos! But whatever tires you use have them sithed!!! So much better wet traction! I could drive them on ice even!!

Gamite
08-18-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Autotechnica
29F/32R is the man. recommendation. This setup will produce understeer. To get the most neutral hanlding, I use anything between 31-32 F/R.

The best thing is to drive the car around and just change the tire pressures based on how you drive. Different tire sizes require different tire pressures. Same goes for driving styles.

Bry

1 or 2 PSI doesnt make much of a diff with 14's man..

btw, I hope you increased your PSI now that u got 17's. apparently its 2psi per inch increase over your stock diameter. so you should be runing like 36/38

Jon@Bimmersport
08-18-2003, 03:36 PM
julian did the E34 come with 14s stock?

Shamis
08-18-2003, 07:26 PM
im running 42 up front and 44 in the back... lol

Gamite
08-19-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
julian did the E34 come with 14s stock?

no, 15's, I dont think 14's fit.

85eta
08-19-2003, 01:35 PM
I have 205-60-14 and I run 33 front and 35 in the rear. a little stiffer ride, but improved handling. Its also surprising the difference in fuel mileage you will get by keeping the tires properly inflated.