PDA

View Full Version : MZ4 cancelled?!????!??

Gamite
08-17-2003, 10:11 PM
Z4 Sales in the US have been Ho-Hum and they have been miserable in Europe.

Hence, the rumor mill says BMW has cancelled plans for the MZ4.

Sources also tell us, the 1-series won't make it to the US, becuase of previous failures in the hatchback market.

Auto spies perspective: Yes, the design of the Z4 has something to do with the lukewarm reception but we think it isn't just a BMW phenomenon or problem...The question you have to ask your self is: "Who the hell needs a 40K + glorified Miata?". The same problem is occuring with Boxsters, SLK's and the likes because the demand was met for this type of vehicle two years ago. Also, they just aren't practical anymore...They're great for a couple hours once in a while, but get tiresome soon after that AND they're way too small for most people. We say if you're in the market for a car in that price range, buy an Infiniti FX35 or a Nissan Murano...they're more practical and they're a hell of a lot of fun!

SpudBoy
08-17-2003, 10:20 PM
I'm troubled.

I like cars that are a little off-beat (i know i know you can tell).

I drove the M roadster and it has like driving a wet noodle... big time cowlshake over even small bumps. I waited for a coupe to become available and it was well worth the wait. I'm more interested in the new M1 (new 1 series M version) as long as it comes in a coupe. The new designs are a little disturbing to me but I think the one series will be ok since BMW wants to sell a lot of these things. I think the 1 will be less of a "design study" and more of a "cheap ultimate driving machine".

Spud is hoping.

SpudBoy
08-17-2003, 10:21 PM
Julian: u missed a good cruise!

tlaselva
08-17-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Gamite

Agree with the article, but I suspect the Azz look like front end has more to do with it's failure than BMW will like to believe.

Let's hope they stop this Bangle caracter b/4 he destroy's all the BMW model's....:mad:

Gamite
08-17-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by SpudBoy
Julian: u missed a good cruise!

I know I heard, I really wanted to come, but something important came up, and I had to be there.

SpudBoy
08-17-2003, 11:54 PM
Tony: Missed you man!

Julian: no worries... you would have loved some of the ride that attended... Anyways... It's a car meet... not a cash give-away!

(Do I use too may "-'s and ...'s?...)

Spud wonders...

Missed you guys at Fridays' meet. Does that make me gay or just an enthusiast?

(Spud is st8... needs sweet bimmer's and Z06's)

respectfully (as always,)
Graham

SickFinga
08-18-2003, 12:12 AM
I dunno, car spies is not an accurate source.

When Town + Country was moving, they had flyers which confirmed that 1 series is comming.

UncleJ
08-18-2003, 01:36 AM
I think BMW should just bring the 3 series comapcts to us, instead of the 1 series.

tlaselva
08-18-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by SpudBoy
Tony: Missed you man!

(Spud is st8... needs sweet bimmer's and Z06's)

respectfully (as always,)
Graham

Sorry Graham, really wanted to be there, but the Power Outage caused a mess at work. Had to be at work to assess how much damage the outage did, and return things to a reasonable resemblance of order for Monday.........:mad:

addbhp
08-18-2003, 12:11 PM
Z4 Sales in the US have been Ho-Hum and they have been miserable in Europe.

Wait till BMW sees the drop in sales of the 5 series and I'm sure the 7 has also dropped off. I'm guessing profits will soon drop, as their sales already have. I just hope they are able to react quickly and put out cars people actually enjoy the design of, and aren't actually bought by say GM or Ford. I would think some one at head office should be a little nervous with their current product line up, and with all the recent retooling costs, they could really fall in market share quite quickly.

///Milk
08-18-2003, 12:57 PM
Why would they not have the 1er come to NA?
its a lil "cute" , compact car that teens would get....no?

NOTE: i meant "cute" in the way that girls would like it :) :P

TiemenT
08-18-2003, 03:34 PM
yo ///Milk... your SIG really rules man !*th-up*

///Milk
08-18-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by TiemenT
yo ///Milk... your SIG really rules man !*th-up*
hehe..thanks :D

SpudBoy
08-19-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by tlaselva
Sorry Graham, really wanted to be there, but the Power Outage caused a mess at work. Had to be at work to assess how much damage the outage did, and return things to a reasonable resemblance of order for Monday.........:mad:

Tony: No problem man... It's a cruise not a cash give-away. Check you PM... I'm planning a PRIVATE recon mission.
missed ya duder,
Graham