PDA

View Full Version : HELP! I'm stuck with Spacer... how to take it off?

Alezone
08-16-2003, 11:25 PM
I need help!!! Who knows how to take off the wheel spacer effectively and efficiently? I've been trying using hammer, screw drivers and everything... but it doesn't move a bit... I took off another one within 20mins, but the one left is just PITA... please help, i need to drive her out tonight..

M-sport
08-16-2003, 11:34 PM
Heat it a little with a torch first. Just the aluminum spacer nothing else, the spacer should expand a fraction. Be careful not to damage the surface of the spacer. Good luck!

SpudBoy
08-16-2003, 11:34 PM
Alex: give it a good shot of WD40. Let stand, wipe off the excess, put the wheel back on, Take off the wheel tomorrow and it will probably fall right off. WD40 is good stuff but it takes alittle time.

Soldo
08-16-2003, 11:37 PM
If your using a hammer just make sure its a RUBBER mallet and just whack away like a mutha****a!

Alezone
08-17-2003, 12:13 AM
gosh... I'm tired of it... have been trying for 4 hours since yesterday... taking it to the shop on Monday... I already used hammer (not rubber :D) and DAMAGED the spacer's surface already... but WHATEVER... I'll let the pro do it... sigh...