PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Jon Randy!! Hurry! Please!!!

BoBimmer
08-16-2003, 09:21 PM
I am trying to put on my coilovers today and i have my whole front end disassembled! But I put my coil springs side by side and the new 450 pound OBX springs are 7" shorter than my stock springs! Is this going to work? It wont lower my car 7" will it?

bart320i
08-16-2003, 10:00 PM
my FK springs were ALOT shorter than stock and it didn't lower my car that much. I wouldn't worry if I were you. Just slap them on*th-up*

The Question
08-16-2003, 10:16 PM
no they wont.........

We put a set on spartiatis e30 and they didn't lower it much at all

EMPOWERD
08-16-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by The Question
no they wont.........

We put a set on spartiatis e30 and they didn't lower it much at all

.....because you didn't install them correctly. You're not supposed to be place the OBX sleeves ontop of the stock spring perches. I saw the install job on Lee's car.

p.s. BoBimmer... I PM'd you.

BoBimmer
08-17-2003, 05:05 AM
Kewl kewl thanx everyone for the advice! I have a new problem though i installed the coilovers and took my carr off the jackstand but now my jack is stuck underneath car is too low to get it out! Any advice?

Soldo
08-17-2003, 06:07 AM
jack it BACK UP, and put thin pieces of wood, to sorta create STAIRS under your tires then lower the jack and roll off the wood!

BoBimmer
08-17-2003, 02:51 PM
Thank you!! You guys rock thanx for all the good advice! And Randy next week when i get out to my shop I will be cutting the spring perches off and welding on new ones! But i do have one more quesion who knows where i can get the shock cap things(metal treaded cap that holds the shock in) that are smaller than the stock ones so it will fit these new thinner coils?? THANX AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!