PDA

View Full Version : foglights with highbeams

badwhip
08-16-2003, 05:00 AM
can you change a relay and get the foglights to stay on with the highbeams if so which one?

djcontra
08-16-2003, 01:40 PM
Don't do it, it's illegal to have that many lights on in the front of your car at once.

moregothanshow
08-16-2003, 03:05 PM
yeah what contra said.... something like more than 4 lights illuminated at the same time in the front of your vehicles is illegal i think....

EstorilM3
08-16-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by djcontra
Don't do it, it's illegal to have that many lights on in the front of your car at once.

It is in Ontario, but he's in Ohio.
So, different rules apply there - however, it probably still is illegal.

EstorilM3
08-16-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by badwhip
can you change a relay and get the foglights to stay on with the highbeams if so which one?

You should check with the authorities to see whether tha's legal first. Chances are, it's not.

That said, you probably cannot have the fogs lit at the same time with the high beams. The circuts are wired in a way to prevent it. A single relay won't help the criss-crossed wires.

Even in Europe nowdays (didn't used to be before - you could have low beam, high beam, fogs AND spot/driving lamps ALL lit at once - but that was a looong time ago) you cannot have the fogs with the high beams.

For off-roading, look for a good auto electric shop, and they may be able to re-wire it up so you can do so, but that's only for off-roading.
Check with authorities first.

M3ti Compact
08-16-2003, 09:51 PM
Yeah...you cannot have more than 4 "bulbs" (not including parking lights) lit at once in the front. But I want to convert it too...if a cop pulls me over, i'll just say that the dual headlights are 1 unit, and therefore count as one. And even still, the car came like that! What am I supposed to do!

I don't think cops will care at all in fact...if you see another car's headlights, you must turn off your high beams anyways...

badwhip
08-17-2003, 03:28 AM
i know its illegel just like speeding,window tint, and no front license plate and many other things. here in ohio we have deer everywhere and i want as much light as possible to see them. i want to let them still stay on with highbeams and low beams but if you turn off highbeams which arwnt supposed to be on when cops go bye it would be hard for them to give you a ticket.