PDA

View Full Version : got hit

DbIiRrTdY
08-15-2003, 06:27 PM
hey,

today has been a sh!t day for my car. got hit in the back and need a good place to get some light body work and paint done.

numbers and addresses would be perfect!

thx

Mitch555
08-16-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by DbIiRrTdY
hey,

today has been a sh!t day for my car. got hit in the back and need a good place to get some light body work and paint done.

numbers and addresses would be perfect!

thx

European Autobody does A++++++ work! Here is a link on how to get there with their number...

http://www.yellowpages.ca/searchCustomer.do?type=MAP&listingId=31039580&zoom=9&point1X=-796182&point1Y=437530&centerX=-796182&centerY=437530&categorySym=&click=zoomout&zoom.x=106&zoom.y=7

DbIiRrTdY
08-16-2003, 08:50 PM
thx mitch555,

I will try and give them a call when i get back from chicago

Mitch555
08-16-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by DbIiRrTdY
thx mitch555,

I will try and give them a call when i get back from chicago

No Prob!! You on Vacation in Chicago?

DbIiRrTdY
08-17-2003, 01:39 PM
sorta ... business then i'm there for the weekend, gonna stay at a friends condo ... should be very very cool. I was there two years ago had a great time and took some amazing pictures. I also met some really cool people.

I plan on making a mess of the city while i'm there.

later

Ron
08-30-2003, 02:35 AM
The car has minor scratches or markings. The other party agreed to whatever decision I want..i.e. Run it to the insurance or get it repaired & she will pay for the damages provided that it won't be an outrageous amount ($500+). I'll go w/the latter option and I'm looking @ taking it to Budds bodyshop or European Auto. What do u guys think. :confused:

DbIiRrTdY
08-30-2003, 03:55 PM
the girl that hit me won't respond ... b!atch ... so i'm going through insurance ... the worst part is i'm leaving again for montreal and probably won't get this looked at fixed until i come back.

good luck ron

///M3
09-01-2003, 11:00 AM
i had my dads car fixed at dayton autobody... they were very good... u cant tell at all... and whenever something goes wrong.. the fix it...i got into a front end crash not my fault.. it was about $15000 damage.. the did a really good job.. but i thought it was alot of money..

Ron
09-01-2003, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the replies guys..I'll post an update on what's going to happen. I just hope she answers the phone when I start calling otherwise it will go the insurance route.
M3...where is Dayton Motors..I think I'll get a quote from them since a fellow maxbimmer recommended it. Thanks in advance.

2slow3
09-01-2003, 03:53 PM
Sry to jump in late, but wanted to pitch in my .o2. My advice is to go through the insurance. Her not calling you back just proves that! I've been through this, and going through the insurance saved my ass. Same with friends also. It's nice to try to help someone out by not reporting and letting them just pay out of pocket, but it gives you NO protection of ground to stand on. TRUST ME!

Also, I don't know what prices are like up there for body work and paint, but when I got rearended in a FORD no less, it cost almost a grand, for paint, labor, and a new taillight! Went through insurance, the woman that hit me's insurance co. paid 100% and I even got a free rental while mine was in the shop.

Just my .02, HTH.

Ron
09-11-2003, 06:00 PM
Just want to give u the update on what's going on as far as repair & cost for my car that got hit. We (me & the woman who hit me) agreed to lay off the insurance route & get her to pay for the damages. Went to BUDD'S Collision & got it repaired. It cost C$742 (incl. rental car for 2 days). Gave her the invoice and whe gave me a cert. check. I guess I was just lucky that she was an outstanding person to deal with otherwise I'd have the ins. co. handle it. And she would have been screwed bigtime since she was @ fault.

2slow3
09-15-2003, 08:01 PM
Glad to hear it worked out for you without too much hassle man!

Must be nice to have the car back. *wiggle*

Ron
09-15-2003, 09:56 PM
2slow3..sure feels good to get something ugly outta your pride & joy.