PDA

View Full Version : Had some fun with a 528

notjoe
08-13-2003, 02:19 AM
We were at jane and eglinton when i spot a 528 with a 3 young kids in it (probably daddy's car). so anyways the light turns green and i drive slowly so that they catch up to me and the car ahead of me is a decent distance away. I drop the car into sport mode and hammer the car and pass the couple of cars ahead and then let off the gas.

the 528 then decided to catch up and pass me, so we played a litltle bit going up jane for a few sets of lights..

Safe to say that for a car with 3 guys in it and it being a fair bit bigger than mine i was quite impressed that a beast with only a 6 banger in it could get going that quickly.

I didnt actually see him launch so i dont know how good that was but when they're moving they seem pretty gutsy. While we were stopped we chatted for a bit, it was a 97 5'er

How is the launch on those?

Gamite
08-13-2003, 03:48 AM
5 spd? if not, it should be slower than your car since you're using the same engine, and his car is like 500 lbs heavier, plus his cargo

notjoe
08-13-2003, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Gamite
5 spd? if not, it should be slower than your car since you're using the same engine, and his car is like 500 lbs heavier, plus his cargo

Oh, i could have smoked them easy! but that wasnt what the post was about :) they just kind of shocked me that the car with its additional weight (never mind the cargo) had that much punch to it.

When he passed me going like 40km/hr faster than me that was when i already let off the gas. I didnt want to punch it over the bridge since i've seen radar there plenty of times.

I wonder how well they are off the line.

bmwm5lover
08-13-2003, 08:22 PM
they are OK cars, but when it comes to 5ers, you either buy the big thing(530/535/540), or nothing.