PDA

View Full Version : servicing the benz

sjinto
08-11-2003, 03:13 PM
alright this is my first non-bimmer post... i have no real issues when it comes to servicing my ride (the bmw) but when it comes to the other family rides (benz s320) i feel like we constantly get screwed by the $tealer (all mercedes dealerships seem to screw their customers on service issues - crazy labour hours for straightforward work)

anybody here take their benz for service other than at the dealer?...or anybody recommend an "honest" merc dealership for service?

thanks*wave*

Jon@Bimmersport
08-11-2003, 03:51 PM
openwheel works at the one on jarvis..pm him and see whats up

sjinto
08-11-2003, 04:07 PM
hopefully he gets it...thanks*th-up*

HooliGaN*
08-11-2003, 04:08 PM
garden motor in burlington is pretty deecent thats where we always bring our cars
they also give you a free loaner for the time your cars in the shop
we once got an amg c32 and that is when i lost my virginity :D

haha there not bad
but thats mayb cause were still under waranty

Julian

sjinto
08-11-2003, 04:19 PM
thanks
is this them??

Garden Motorcar (1994) Inc Phone: (905)523-5557

181 Plains Road West, Burlington, ON L7T 1G1
:confused:

Quack
08-12-2003, 04:01 AM
what do you need to know, I'm a tech at a MB dealer, and why do you think Benz dealers aren't honest, you think that any car dealer is honest, according to most of the customers they think that BMW dealers treat them like ass more than anyone else, same with Audi & Volkswagon.

BoBimmer
08-12-2003, 04:57 AM
Quack seriously the "Volkswagon" dealership treats them badly? No way that is such a large company! LMAO! Just messin' with you. You can Spell Volkswagen however you want!

STALKER
08-12-2003, 03:26 PM
My family owns 5 Benzes, and thats between my parents alone. I use to own a SLK. We service all our cars at Gardner in Burlington. Great service, its the only place I have ever felt totally secure in leaving my car there and not worrying about it. I was very skeptical about buying a M3 after my SLK because we have had them in the past and the service was ass, so far no complaints about Parkview really. But Gardner is great. Ed and Carlo in service are both great guys.

sjinto
08-12-2003, 06:29 PM
OK i've come to the conclusion (for now) that MB dealers aren't crooks after all.... sure they're expensive but that's a given...

here's the issue:
my last 3 trips to service the 97 S320 have costed over $1200 each... either the car is a lemon or just very costly to maintain at its current stage (approx 190000km)

new tie rods, new control arms, transmission control problems (twice) (total over $2200), new fuel pump... WTF - i didn't expect this shit from a benz

my bimmer's a 97 also...about 180000 kms - no real issues with that :confused:

the old man can't be driving it that hard?
it may be time for the MB to go - replace it w/ a lexus or a bimmer

Originally posted by Quack
what do you need to know, I'm a tech at a MB dealer, and why do you think Benz dealers aren't honest, you think that any car dealer is honest, according to most of the customers they think that BMW dealers treat them like ass more than anyone else, same with Audi & Volkswagon.

sjinto
08-12-2003, 07:38 PM
do you have their number?

Originally posted by STALKER
My family owns 5 Benzes, and thats between my parents alone. I use to own a SLK. We service all our cars at Gardner in Burlington. Great service, its the only place I have ever felt totally secure in leaving my car there and not worrying about it. I was very skeptical about buying a M3 after my SLK because we have had them in the past and the service was ass, so far no complaints about Parkview really. But Gardner is great. Ed and Carlo in service are both great guys. *wave*

STALKER
08-12-2003, 08:25 PM
yuppers, 905-523-5557. The service advisors are either Carlo or Ed. I usually deal with Ed. My last name is Derakshan, if you mention it there they will know who sent you. LOL. I got all access down there, its the best. I walk in the back, take keys off the board, go out crusin in new cars with the techs. Great bunch of guys down there. Good luck.

sjinto
08-12-2003, 08:39 PM
thanks....hope these guys can help - dealer just told me the car needs a new tranny - 3600 incl labour *sad*

is this place an authorized MB dealer/service shop??

Originally posted by STALKER
yuppers, 905-523-5557. The service advisors are either Carlo or Ed. I usually deal with Ed. My last name is Derakshan, if you mention it there they will know who sent you. LOL. I got all access down there, its the best. I walk in the back, take keys off the board, go out crusin in new cars with the techs. Great bunch of guys down there. Good luck.

STALKER
08-12-2003, 10:19 PM
They are an MB dealer. I was actually there like 15 minutes ago. Ed is going to be on vacation next week, so Carlo can help you out.