PDA

View Full Version : Wats so special about the new 5 series?

///Milker
08-10-2003, 12:19 PM
I was in Croatia and stummbled upon the new 5 series...believe it or not. I took a couple of pictures of it...exept for the crater on the left side door. It looked pretty sweet but i gazed upon the speedometer and saw the number....225 kmph...then looked around and looked kinda wierd inside....and i thought to myself...wat is so special about it...there isnt much info about this car in the US so im askin u guys wat is so special about the new 5 series? Engine stats? REAL top speed? 0-60?

From the dumbass,

-/A\ttila

///Milk
08-10-2003, 12:53 PM
http://www.bmwinfo.com/25580.html
well...those are the specs
theres more on www.bmwinfo.com

HooliGaN*
08-10-2003, 02:44 PM
dont judge a car by the max on the spedometer. the 5 series is still a nice car just cause the top speed isnt in the 300's. doesnt mean it cant out handle or pull faster then cars that are.

I sure hope they start bringing some diesel bimmers to North america. I heard they were gonna bring an X5 version of it soon the 3.0d with 184hp and like 300ish lb ft trq lol. they have the same engine on their 3 series also

thats alot of torque for a mid size sedan

and plus the gas millage is equivalent to a civic if not better
and diesel is cheaper then gas

so all i have to say is bring on the diesels

Julian

///Milker
08-10-2003, 08:27 PM
We are having a gas crisis though....i honestly think BMW should make more of their hydrogen powered cars...that would be awsome...hell with gas and bring on the hydro!!

From the dumbass,

attila

Sunapollo
08-11-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by ///Milker
We are having a gas crisis though....i honestly think BMW should make more of their hydrogen powered cars...that would be awsome...hell with gas and bring on the hydro!!

From the dumbass,

attila

I just did a paper on energy crisis few days ago .. :D

SickFinga
08-11-2003, 04:03 AM
225??? it was prolly a diesel

530i has 260kmh, but it means nothing, i got 280 on my car, there is no way i will hit that, my bro's neon got 240, there is no way it will hit that either

nzer
08-11-2003, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by ///Milker

From the dumbass,

attila

i don't know if it occured to you the best ways of making hydrogen pretty much all involve fossil fuels, unless you are gonna use solor power to separate hydrogen from water which takes AAGES