PDA

View Full Version : looking for new suspension for an audi a4

Donni
08-09-2003, 08:32 PM
ive had the audi for about 7 years now and i think its time for a suspension change, im not looking for nothing top of the line i just want something that will make my ride smooth, ne ideas

HooliGaN*
08-10-2003, 02:13 AM
im not a pro with audi's by any extent
i know some people with an a4 and theyve gone and used the s4 suspension seems to work well for them

i tried my best isnt the best board for audi advice :)

Julian

330DTM
08-10-2003, 08:18 PM
I take it you're running the sports suspension now?

Well you could always go for the Koni adjustable shocks with some Eibach lowering springs or you could even go all out on some coilovers by KW, FK, H&R, etc. At the age of your car I don't think you'd want lower springs used in conjuction with stock shocks.

The ride with the Koni adjustable shocks and some lower springs should be fine. I sat in my friends car with Koni coilovers. It feels stiffer than stocks b/c of the higher spring rates but it's not that bad, just stiffer and a bit more bumpy on the bumps.

Are you using the car mainly for daily driving on streets or will it ever see the track?

Donni
08-10-2003, 09:17 PM
this car is just gonna be for everday use, mainly highway driving thats about it, i just wanted to upgrade teh shocks beucase the ones i have now are really bad

Slowered318
08-10-2003, 10:59 PM
I have a brand new set of factory springs out of a 2000 A4 2.8 quattro. i'll sell them for $200 obo.

330DTM
08-11-2003, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by Donni
this car is just gonna be for everday use, mainly highway driving thats about it, i just wanted to upgrade teh shocks beucase the ones i have now are really bad

You could always try the Koni single adjustable shocks if you're willing to go aftermarket, else stick with OEM if you're using OEM Audi sport suspension springs?