PDA

View Full Version : License plate in windsheild... legal?

MiniMan7
08-09-2003, 02:40 PM
Hey everyone,

Well, I'm going without a license plate from now on since it looks like shit on my car. I had the screw holes patched up and everything. But now I wonder, is it legal just to throw the plate ontop of the dash so it can be seen through the windsheild incase a cop tries to stop me?

-Adam

marco328is
08-09-2003, 02:46 PM
if your in ontario it is Illegal to have a plate on your windshield
i believe its a 109.00 fine

MiniMan7
08-09-2003, 02:47 PM
Eeeek!

Thanks for the warning, I'll just play dumb and say the mounting bracket fell off or something.

-Adam

marco328is
08-09-2003, 06:23 PM
no problem
just be carefull you don't run into the same cop twice

HooliGaN*
08-09-2003, 06:50 PM
is it ilegal to have euro plate on ur car perhaps bolted under ur ontario plate or on ur dash facing the windshield.???

My friend is bring home two Polish Plates and i was wondering if wed get in trouble for equiping them

Alezone
08-10-2003, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by HooliGaN*
is it ilegal to have euro plate on ur car perhaps bolted under ur ontario plate or on ur dash facing the windshield.???

My friend is bring home two Polish Plates and i was wondering if wed get in trouble for equiping them

ALL but the plates given by the MTO are illegal. NO EURO PLATE. Also plate has to be mounted on the front most of the vehicle, which means the BUMPER.

JimZYellow
08-11-2003, 02:51 AM
just say u lost ur front plate *wiggle*

djcontra
08-11-2003, 04:25 AM
putting the plate in the windshield looks dumb, don't do it.

SickFinga
08-11-2003, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by djcontra

well, when i got a ticket for no licence plate my lince polate was under the carpet, cop gave me a ticket and told me to put it under the windshield. Year passed not a single ticket, never even been pulled over.

qimis
08-11-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by djcontra

this one looks a bit smarter ... hehe :idea:

Furious
08-11-2003, 01:18 PM
its illegal, i asked a cop , because i had to do it for a month, they said that usually they dont really care, but it is an offence, however its very easy to fight.

mkgino
08-11-2003, 06:41 PM
It IS illegal, the $110 dollar ticket I got a few months ago proves that.

Daft
08-12-2003, 02:54 AM
I got a $110 for having no front plate at all. I asked the copper if i could put it in my front windshield and he said that was ok and it's been there ever since, no problems even after i got pulled over for speeding, cop didn't say anything about the plate in the windshield..

MiniMan7
08-12-2003, 11:37 PM
Thanks Daft, I think I'm just gonna carry it in my rear seat foot well, and if a cop happens to pull me over, I'll put it on my dash right away, and play dumb.

"What officer? My plate has been there this whole time, I don't know what you're talking about?"

Hehehehe...

-Adam

Skimeister
08-13-2003, 04:16 PM
Yep, Illegal.. I've got a 110 $$ ticket for having a Euro plate on the bumper and ONT plate on the windshield.
Regarding Euro Plates.. I think section 13 of Ontario Traffic Act states that no plate other than issued by the MTO should be on the car = "confusing identity of a vehicle" So now my Euro plates are on the wall..
Since my car is black I just put a darkes smoked shield over the plate and in looks much better than just that hideous white square.

HooliGaN*
08-13-2003, 04:24 PM
thanx for the info man

i guess no euro plate for me :(

Julian