PDA

View Full Version : New porsche boxer SPY SHOTS

Gamite
08-09-2003, 09:56 AM
http://www.autoweek.com/weekart/2003/0811/boxster4001.jpg
http://www.autoweek.com/weekart/2003/0811/boxster4002.jpg

WE STUDIED THESE SPY SHOTS LONG AND hard before arriving at this conclusion: What you’re looking at is an early prototype of Porsche’s new Boxster Coupe, caught during recent tests at Porsche’s Weissach proving ground on the outskirts of Stuttgart.

Yes, the car codenamed 987 looks a lot like a 911 in this guise, but Porsche sources say the second-generation Boxster—a roadster due in mid-2005 and the coupe 12 months later—will be far different from the 911 than today’s Boxster. Despite this prototype’s heavy disguise, several details point to its inherent Boxster-ness: the two-seat, mid-engine layout (note the blacked-out rear side windows and firewall behind the seats); relatively long wheelbase (today’s Boxster boasts a 2.5-inch longer wheelbase than the 911); and muscular hip line, short rear overhang and small spoiler—the latter aimed at replicating the retractable wing on today’s car.

Porsche will push the existing 2.7-liter and 3.2-liter flat-six engines to gain about 10 hp (to 235 for Boxster, 268-270 for Boxster S) along with a considerable boost in low-end torque. Channeling drive to the rear wheels will be an optional new six-speed double-clutch manual gearbox similar to the system offered on the Audi TT, a new six-speed automatic or a traditional six-speed manual.

In addition to the roadster and coupe, Porsche plans a series of performance models based on its new sub-911 coupe, including a stripped-out Boxster Clubsport model running a powered-up version of Porsche’s flat-six engine

Alezone
08-09-2003, 10:43 AM
I realized someone never sleeps... hahah~ 6 in the morning, I'm not alone.

back to the topic, it's gonna be harder to tell whether it's a boxster or a 911 at a distance... looks better than the current boxster for sure.

Gamite
08-09-2003, 11:28 AM
what is this.. "Sleep" you talk about?

KennyTheGreat
08-09-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Gamite

:confused:

Alezone
08-09-2003, 11:49 AM

Yea what's it? Kenny, what's sleep? *sleep* :D

Gamite
08-09-2003, 11:51 AM
I looked it up...

Source: WordNet (r) 1.7

sleep with
v : have sexual intercourse with; "This student sleeps with
everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve" (know is archaic);
"Were you ever intimate with this man?" [syn: love, make
out, make love, get laid, have sex, know, do it,
be intimate, have intercourse, have it away, have
it off, screw, ****, jazz, eff, hump, lie
with, bed, have a go at it, bang, get it on, bonk]

KennyTheGreat
08-09-2003, 11:53 AM
I looked it up...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: WordNet (r) 1.7

sleep with
v : have sexual intercourse with; "This student sleeps with
everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve" (know is archaic);
"Were you ever intimate with this man?" [syn: love, make
out, make love, get laid, have sex, know, do it,
be intimate, have intercourse, have it away, have
it off, screw, ****, jazz, eff, hump, lie
with, bed, have a go at it, bang, get it on, bonk]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHERE ARE THE
|
|
V

Gamite
08-09-2003, 11:54 AM
your gay

EMPOWERD
08-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Boxster coupe? HAHA, Julien... where do you get your info from? I'm part of numerous Porsche forums and that pic has been floating around for a while. It's the prototype 997 turbo (not even close to a Boxster).

Krim 325I
08-09-2003, 04:55 PM
i heard posrche is gonna change is way style wise, i read in a couple of magazine that they are returning back to the old round headlamp styling , anyone can confirm it to me ?

Jon@Bimmersport
08-09-2003, 05:06 PM
your gay

hahahahaha!

thats funny

randy has owned us all.

EstorilM3
08-09-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by empowerd
Boxster coupe? HAHA, Julien... where do you get your info from? I'm part of numerous Porsche forums and that pic has been floating around for a while. It's the prototype 997 turbo (not even close to a Boxster).

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=02249520

EMPOWERD
08-09-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by EstorilM3
http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=02249520

Autoweek? HAHA... see! that's exactly what I thought.... only a shitty weekly-rag (tabloid equivalent) would publish inaccurate info like that. Don't people get that magazine free or something?

Originally posted by Krim 325I
i heard posrche is gonna change is way style wise, i read in a couple of magazine that they are returning back to the old round headlamp styling , anyone can confirm it to me ?

This is kinda what the car's leaning towards (I hope they keep leaning this way too!)

more gossip here (http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=996&Number=4018&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1)

betmen
08-09-2003, 07:42 PM
well, i guess it lookes better then the old boxter(like that was hard to accomplish)

EstorilM3
08-09-2003, 09:17 PM
Autoweek? HAHA... see! that's exactly what I thought.... only a shitty weekly-rag (tabloid equivalent) would publish inaccurate info like that. Don't people get that magazine free or something?[/URL]

Glad to hear that!
I thought the car looked ugly - hopefully, the Boxster will still look cute. :) ;) ;) ;)

EstorilM3
08-09-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by betmen
well, i guess it lookes better then the old boxter(like that was hard to accomplish)

*uzi* *uzi* *uzi* :moon: :moon: :moon:

Boxster is the best looking Porsche by far.
Wouldn't be caught dead in a POS 911 derivative Hot Rod VW. :puke: :puke: :puke:

Gamite
08-09-2003, 10:40 PM

all these years and u still can't spell my name right.. shame..

EMPOWERD
08-09-2003, 10:43 PM
all these years and u still can't spell my name right.. shame..

LOL, i do it to piss you off since you keep reminding me. Besides... you have the power to edit it if it bothers you that much.:rolleyes:

Gamite
08-09-2003, 10:54 PM
LOL, i do it to piss you off since you keep reminding me. Besides... you have the power to edit it if it bothers you that much.:rolleyes:

yea yea, sure sure, u'r the only one who doesnt remember, "milk boy"