PDA

View Full Version : Fender lip roller for anyone in Windsor who wants to borrow

Adriano
08-07-2003, 10:35 PM
OK to all Windsor guys (and girls) I finally, after 8 months of waiting, got a fender lip roller from tire rack. If anyone wants to borrow it in the next couple of days please email alo@mnsi.net or PM me. I check my email every couple of hours. I am asking $10 to cover my shipping and bullshit charges. This will take you more then 6 months to loan and there isn't anyone in Windsor who has one. I only have it untill Sunday so if you want to use it, don't deley.

SickFinga
08-07-2003, 10:48 PM
w0w how far is windsdor?

windsor318is
08-07-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by SickFinga
w0w how far is windsdor?

4 hours from T.O

SickFinga
08-07-2003, 10:51 PM
ouch, just checked it, it is near detroit, damn that's too far

djcontra
08-07-2003, 11:02 PM
SickFinga: doesn't jon's brother have one too? or somebody he knows?

SickFinga
08-07-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by djcontra
SickFinga: doesn't jon's brother have one too? or somebody he knows?

yeah he needed 10 people and each should've paid $100 :eek:

Mr seville
08-08-2003, 12:57 AM
i think it's time for t-spec to start making them...GET GOIN' BIATCH:D anyway yeah it's to far for me...you say...oh why do you need it...don't worry about it:huh?:

jeremy
08-08-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Adriano
OK to all Windsor guys (and girls) I finally, after 8 months of waiting, got a fender lip roller from tire rack. If anyone wants to borrow it in the next couple of days please email alo@mnsi.net or PM me. I check my email every couple of hours. I am asking $10 to cover my shipping and bullshit charges. This will take you more then 6 months to loan and there isn't anyone in Windsor who has one. I only have it untill Sunday so if you want to use it, don't deley.

you should take it a part....take a bunch of measurements and pic's....and make one...you could rent it out on the side and make some cash *th-up* ...there doesnt appear to be much to it...

Mr seville
08-08-2003, 01:32 AM
it's actually a pretty complicated design. it would take an engineer or really good crafts-man(ahem t-spec) to figure that shit out:cool:

SickFinga
08-08-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Mr seville
it's actually a pretty complicated design. it would take an engineer or really good crafts-man(ahem t-spec) to figure that shit out:cool:

it looks VERY SIMPLE to me
i'm pretty sure someone with the tools can easily do it

jeremy
08-08-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by SickFinga
it looks VERY SIMPLE to me
i'm pretty sure someone with the tools can easily do it

when is it do back....i bet i could have it made at machine shop for dirt cheap....

and i agree, it looks very simple....some sq tubing,plate,linch pins,roller wheel,rod etc etc

MP328
08-08-2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Adriano
I only have it untill Sunday so if you want to use it, don't deley.

for u jeremy :cool:

i would need it myself but it's too far of a drive. mine have stopped rubbing kinda eventhough i still can't get a finger inbetween there :D

and wheel and tirezone (or what is it called dixie/eglinton) is way to expensive $75 a fender.

i actually did find a place that was gonna do both for $80 but never asked them if they have that roller or not

jeremy
08-08-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by MP328
for u jeremy :cool:

thanks man....adriano, drop it by your local machine shop....see what they say *th-up*

Mr seville
08-08-2003, 02:22 AM
well i'm just stupid then(more then likely this is the case)

windsor318is
08-08-2003, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by jeremy
thanks man....adriano, drop it by your local machine shop....see what they say *th-up*

we both work in a machine shop..... and let me tell you it would be very easy to make.. maybe we should take that thing apart and take pics of each piece..... adriano

jeremy
08-08-2003, 05:38 AM
do it....i'll give you 50.00 bucks if you make me one...or just make a schematic/parts break down and i'll make one...please !!! give me the parts breakdown.....

T-spec
08-08-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Mr seville
i think it's time for t-spec to start making them...GET GOIN' BIATCH:D anyway yeah it's to far for me...you say...oh why do you need it...don't worry about it:huh?:

I would, but I have so many projects/orders on the go that I really don't have time. As soon as I get a chance I'll fab one up!*th-up*

Adriano
08-08-2003, 01:20 PM
Mr. Seville, have you ever actually seen one? Actually it is very easy to make and I already started to make it but like T-spec, I am very busy and have very little time. Also, what is the point of manufacturing one if I will only be using it once! It would take me all day to make it when I could be doing something else productive on my car. Windsor318 and I rolled them last night untill 12 am and finally no rubbing! I'll take it on the Howard off ramp at 90 to finalize my work. Anyways like I said, if you want to borrow it today, please email me. Jeremy, I'll make you a deal if you want me to give you CAD data on the dimentions and pictures. Can you read iges files?

Sunapollo
08-08-2003, 01:38 PM
Did you take pictures of b4 and after ??
could you post them if you do please ??
thanks !

Adriano
08-08-2003, 03:11 PM
Not to be a dick but $50 would get me to fart on your tires.:D

Anyways here are before and after

Before:

Adriano
08-08-2003, 03:13 PM
After

Sunapollo
08-08-2003, 04:55 PM
Hmmm ... looks like you have unever force ?
so some parts look like it's not smooth ? ... :(

Thanks for the picture btw ! *wave*

Adriano
08-08-2003, 05:06 PM
I have a wire for my undercar neon that goes in that lip. The picture shows it worse that it is. Actually it looks quite good!

jeremy
08-08-2003, 05:38 PM
adtiano, these stupid thing sell for about 600 u.s making a couple at minimum cost and selling them for a couple hundred seem worth while to me... please send me the info... jeremybmw@rogers.com

Adriano
08-08-2003, 06:28 PM
I know they are raping people on the price!:eek:
I would need to know how many people are interested in purchasing them and how much they are willing to spend. I wouldn't be able to touch the project for less than 3 peices at $250 each. Email me or reply if interested alo@mnsi.net

Originally posted by jeremy
adtiano, these stupid thing sell for about 600 u.s making a couple at minimum cost and selling them for a couple hundred seem worth while to me... please send me the info... jeremybmw@rogers.com

jeremy
08-08-2003, 06:30 PM
dude....can you just send me the breakdown...i can make one at my shop...

thansk *th-up*

Adriano
08-09-2003, 03:04 PM
OK emailed you detailed pics and dimensions. Good luck!*wave*

jeremy
08-09-2003, 10:36 PM
thanks man !!! i will check it when i go home next weekend....

windsor318is
08-09-2003, 11:32 PM
eh im in for making these stupid things im on nights in a couple weeks and i get bord pretty quick

Adriano i had 2 people in the back seat yesterday, fenders are titties no rubbin!!!!

Adriano
08-10-2003, 03:42 AM
Sweet Al, I took Lesperance off ramp today doing 80 with out that familiar rubbing sound. Happy Day!!! By the way, couldn't get into that new bar tonight so got pissed off and now I am home on a Saturday night playing on the computer. I am such a lifer! I am making reservations to 'this is London' for next weekend. I will also PM Ack to see if he wants to go. See ya tomorrow at the Windsor meet biotch!