PDA

View Full Version : new (upcoming) car...

TiemenT
08-07-2003, 04:06 PM
hey folks... I've posted some pics of my upcoming car... the M5..
but last week I went to the garage, and they sayd that some cr*zy *ss m*thf*kr did an much higher bid on the car... so in other words.. it's sold ! but not to me :mad:

but I've got some other (better) news, when I was in the garage, they had an 2003 black Land Rover Range Rover V8 Voque occasion !! it has 60.000 km and it's very very very cheap for that car... I can have it for about 58.000, now you are gonna say: what a cr*zy *ss... 58.000 al lot of money... I know.. but if you see to the price when it's brandnew: 119.900 !!!

my wife and I allready drove it, and she loves it !!! she is just in love with it... a big bad car !! :D

I'm gonna talk to the garage this saturday, and I think I've just seen/drove my new car....

Miguel
08-07-2003, 04:39 PM
Wow. Couldn't you find an UGLIER car to buy?

Soldo
08-07-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Miguel
Wow. Couldn't you find an UGLIER car to buy? :eek:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!
Personally i think that this is one of the most BEAUTIFUL "modern" cars out right now, i HATE the whole BOX shape that cars are taking, but this car looks AMAZING!!
and i LOVE LR!!Nice car man!

Oh ya, if you wanna look at it in a better way, just think of it as a Boxier X5, same engine, and i THINK chasis, but not sure!

TiemenT
08-07-2003, 04:46 PM
??? the car has 2 DVD players in the headunit, an 6cd changer, all leather, wood interiour,navigation,xenon lights,alarm class III, heated mirrors, parkingsensor, rainsensor, 20" rims, privacy glass, it has even a bulletproof doors !!

and why the hell bother... cause when I look at you people, if they have money they buy Caddilac's Escalade..

wannabebimmer
08-07-2003, 05:04 PM
escalades are way overrated ... i hate their interior feels cheap.... range rover are much more classy..... although I have to say that X5 owns all

TiemenT
08-07-2003, 05:09 PM
my dad ownes an X5, and I drove it a lot, but when I drive the Rover, it feels more... just better, have no words for it... you have that king of the road feeling, and I don't have it in the X5

Jon@Bimmersport
08-07-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by wannabebimmer
escalades are way overrated ... i hate their interior feels cheap....

i so agree...cheap excuse for luxury, everyone thinks they're hot shit cuz they're in rap music videos..

range rovers are sick...brian_m3's girlfriend has one

Miguel
08-07-2003, 05:21 PM
All I hear about Land Rover is that they break down and take ages to repair.
http://www.angelfire.com/mn/landroversucks/images/disco_animation.gif

I will not argue that they are rich in features... LR is great for that.

As far as looks go... every time a see a LR I feel like it should be shooting lasers at people. I think it looks like a cross between a rental van and a terminator.:huh?:

As far as Escalades go, at least they have a SHAPE (see also the Porsche Cayene and the Navigator). I mean c'mon.. the LR is a box, a cube to be more exact. I could draw a cube grade 1.

BMW_7
08-07-2003, 05:37 PM
Uggh... sorry... I agree with Miguel. Look for another M5. Are you a BMW enthusiast or a "gangsta" or a person who just loves going off road?...

Yeah man you gotta answer these questions yourself and focus on a car that you want, or something close to it and don't give in to something you don't really want. I was kinda like that when I was looking for a car... but then I decided I can't have a 525i (even though it was in my price range)..

Just narrow down your choices. I would wait for another M5!

IMO I hate SUVs, they're not my cup of tea. I'd buy a 540i Touring before I'd consider a SUV...

TiemenT
08-07-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by BMW_7
Uggh... sorry... I agree with Miguel. Look for another M5. Are you a BMW enthusiast or a "gangsta" or a person who just loves going off road?...

Yeah man you gotta answer these questions yourself and focus on a car that you want, or something close to it and don't give in to something you don't really want. I was kinda like that when I was looking for a car... but then I decided I can't have a 525i (even though it was in my price range)..

Just narrow down your choices. I would wait for another M5!

IMO I hate SUVs, they're not my cup of tea. I'd buy a 540i Touring before I'd consider a SUV...

I'm a car enthousiast... it doesn't bother me if it isn't a BMW... and off-road driving is great !!

koncise
08-07-2003, 07:31 PM
If I had to have an SUV, I'd pick a Range Rover. But I still dont like SUV's, they all drive like mini-vans to me :D (thats an exaggeration, but you get the idea)

BMW_7
08-07-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by TiemenT
I'm a car enthousiast... it doesn't bother me if it isn't a BMW... and off-road driving is great !!

If you offroad, get a

1. Jeep YJ
2. International Scout
3. Land Rover Defender 90-series
4. Hummer H1
5. Unimog or G-Wagen

:)

TiemenT
08-07-2003, 08:21 PM
my Voque is just a better version of the Defender 90-series

HARTGE_H50!!!
08-07-2003, 08:42 PM
You didn't give any advance for the M5 or what ?? That's the first thing you should do when you're sure you will buy a car. When will you be driving off road in the Netherlands ??? There are no hills or nothing :confused: . M5 was a a GREAT choice but I dunno about this one... Well I don't have any experience driving it but talking only about the outside of the car... *no-no*

Miguel
08-07-2003, 10:39 PM
http://yellowtruck.com/assets/images/trucks/Trucks10'.gif

+

http://www.celebrityprofile.co.uk/pics/cult_terminator_004.jpg

=

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=196167

BMW_7
08-07-2003, 10:43 PM
my Voque is just a better version of the Defender 90-series

Not really... read http://poseur.4x4.org

It is so true too.

Soldo
08-07-2003, 11:22 PM
You guys are all just HATERS!
CUBE VAN + TERMINATOR........ MAYBE SO, but this baby is still BEAUTIFUL!!
and at certain times i'd even take this over a X5!!
I dunno why you guys hate these so much, i mean if SUV's aren't your thing then i understand, but if you DO like SUV's then this is a piece of ART!
it looks a LOT better than the PREVIOUS model i think!!

PS, at least this one isn't designed by BANGLE!

Miguel
08-08-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
You guys are all just HATERS!
Yes, I am a HATER of this SUV. Its Ugly, therefor I hate.

CUBE VAN + TERMINATOR........ MAYBE SO, but this baby is still BEAUTIFUL!!
If you say so....

and at certain times i'd even take this over a X5!!
I'd take MANY rides over an X5. They used the WRONG chassis for that SUV (I have NEVER seen one of these go off road)

I dunno why you guys hate these so much, i mean if SUV's aren't your thing then i understand, but if you DO like SUV's then this is a piece of ART!
not necessarily a GOOD piece of art.

it looks a LOT better than the PREVIOUS model i think!!
The new Toyota Echo looks better than the previous generation.. but guess what... ITS STILL UGLY!

PS, at least this one isn't designed by BANGLE!
I guess you dont like Bangle too much... *shiner*

Lennon
08-08-2003, 12:07 AM
Guys guys guys, he can still be a true BMW enthusiast when owning that Range Rover, personally I think they are great, cause under the hood of those big suckers, is a true BMW engine! So TiemenT, I say go for it, that thing has gotten nothing but good reviews. Enjoy!

bmwm5lover
08-08-2003, 01:45 AM
:eek:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!
Personally i think that this is one of the most BEAUTIFUL "modern" cars out right now, i HATE the whole BOX shape that cars are taking, but this car looks AMAZING!!
and i LOVE LR!!Nice car man!

Oh ya, if you wanna look at it in a better way, just think of it as a Boxier X5, same engine, and i THINK chasis, but not sure!
Ditto!

I love the LR's and the RR's!

SickFinga
08-08-2003, 03:01 AM
1. that car is amazing
2. You do not have to own a bmw to be a car enthusiast
3. Range Rover is designed by Bangle
4. It has 4.4 engine from X5 4.4i
5. That car is a TRUE offroader.

P.S. BMW_7, YJ is a good and cheap way to go offroad, but it has nasty interior. I don't think they we got 90 series defeders here, but yes they are good offroaders. H1? nice, but too big and not really good for streets. G-Wagon? Range Rover is simply better for comfort and off-road. UNIMOG? are you on crack, why would he want a freakin TRUCK!!??

Mclarenbenz
08-08-2003, 04:14 AM
Holly crap man, BUY THAT ROVER!!!!,

that SUV is a sweet ride!!!

it looks so classy, and yet its so powerfull, Im not a big fan of SUV's but I would love to own that SUV (only after I had an M5, and Ferrari 355 spider that is;) )

anyway, ive seen one inside, and out up close, and its a sick ride, (that one I saw was sitting on 22's)

Look, that SUV has it all, its not too big, its not too small, it looks expensive, it has power, it has luxury, its rare, what else do you need??, I see X5's everywhere I go, although nice rides, there is just too many around, if I where you I would grab it for that price*th-up*

Soldo
08-08-2003, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by SickFinga

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
*sad* Unfortunately now i HAVE to hate that car, its just a part of my religion to PRAY for Bangle's death, involving a HIT n' RUN with all of the CARS he designed!

Miguel
08-08-2003, 11:37 AM
1. that car is amazing
Yes... amazingly U G L Y.. that thing is so ugly, it gives Freddy Kruger nightmares!

2. You do not have to own a bmw to be a car enthusiast
Very true... anybody that thinks otherwise and can't respect other cars because they are not BMW's are truly not enthusiasts

Great. Bangle is hit and miss as far as Im concerned. The LR is a miss.

4. It has 4.4 engine from X5 4.4i
So?

5. That car is a TRUE offroader.
Yes, it is VERY capable off road. Im not arguing that. I just do not like the way it LOOKS. I realize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but c'mon guys... look closer... Its a Honda Element on roids.

TiemenT
08-08-2003, 08:27 PM
blablabla... I just showing the car... I love it, it's great ! my wife likes it to... so it's comming...

huckle
08-08-2003, 10:26 PM
you know how I think about it right, anyway here is a little something I made *shiner*

///m powered
08-08-2003, 11:32 PM
ahhah nice huckle,, i like it a looks a lot better now hahha,,, no off roading on that *wave*

JimZYellow
08-09-2003, 12:58 AM
sorry to hear bout the m5 u should shoot that guy *uzi*
but ur decision on the land rover is good too, good for a real suv, i say get it *th-up*

Miguel
08-09-2003, 04:09 PM
blablabla... I just showing the car... I love it, it's great ! my wife likes it to... so it's comming...

I wish everybody could take criticism as maturely as you.
You're happy with it, its all that counts. enjoy it and take some off roading pics for us.

TiemenT
08-09-2003, 04:19 PM
thnx man.. (or miguel :P ) but I have can say that it's officialy coming on our driveway... and I love it to death.. it has 2 DVD-players in the headunits, a DVD-player in the dash, 6cd-changer, and just a great engine... and in the future... it's perfect to drive kids in too ;)

R_JAY
08-09-2003, 05:49 PM
The Range is a pimp ride. If I could afford an upscale suv that would be it.

TiemenT
08-09-2003, 07:23 PM
agreed man, I'm already lookin' for new rims.. but I don't like chrome ones.. though

TiemenT
08-10-2003, 11:11 AM
anyone knows good rims like 21''s ?

Jon@Bimmersport
08-10-2003, 02:32 PM
its LR for sure??

i was thinking..why not new 5er?

or like E39 540 and put a blower on it *love*

Soldo
08-10-2003, 02:54 PM
You want NICE big rims, go for either GIOVANNA or OZ rims, they make GOOD QUALITY nice lookin rims, besides, they have polished wheels, and even like a HYPER BLACK style so it sure beats chrome!

TiemenT
08-10-2003, 06:27 PM
any pics of those ? thnx for the commends.. cause I get garanty you that august 18 is the day that it's officialy ours..