PDA

View Full Version : Brake Light Circuit

koncise
08-07-2003, 01:54 AM
I keep getting that annoying "Brake Light Circuit - Check Owner's Manual" message on my OBC. All the bulbs work fine. I looked it up and I read that it's most likely a faulty brake light switch and that this was common on some E36's.

My question is where's a good place to pick up a new brake light switch? (dealership?). Also, are they cheap? Cause if they're not I wouldnt bother fixing it.

The last thing I'd want to know is if it's an easy job? I have no idea where the brake light switch is.

Thanks.

moregothanshow
08-07-2003, 03:36 AM
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19762
check that out.... i remember reading it in there somewhere....yeah i remeber it doesnt cost that much but u have to get underneath the dash. i just let mine blink til i turn off the car. it usually goes away after i restart teh car. but i usually get it in moist/rainy weather. either way if it doesnt bother u that much let it go, or change it.....sounds easy to do....

koncise
08-07-2003, 04:26 AM
Thanks bro, found the link for it.

It looks do-able, and it's a cheap part, so I think I'll give it a try.

It doesn't bother me that much, but it's a little embarrasing always getting an error. Plus it saves me from having to explain it to ppl a hundred times.

moregothanshow
08-07-2003, 01:03 PM
hahhaha i just tell ppl its fuked up.....hahahha