PDA

View Full Version : Lowering Spings ?? Yes or NO ?

328power
03-28-2002, 04:00 PM
Hi all,

I just got my Rims today......all i can say is wow....THey pop out alot and they look crazy...

anyways..since they are 18's my car looks proped up...

How much would it cost to lower my car ?

coilovers ?? price ?

I drive my car in the winter so it cant be slammed all the time..

i heard that switching springs on BMW aint a good idea ? screws up the springs ? very bumpy ..

what u guys think ??

s.p

MPRESION
03-28-2002, 06:21 PM
If you do the springs, make sure that you do the shocks/struts too. Don't do one without the other because you'll have to change your shocks in about 4-6 months time anyways as they'll go on you.

Harry
03-28-2002, 10:15 PM
Definetly lower it.. looks much better. I only have 17's, but there is still a huge fender gap. Im lowering my car shortly, (I had expected to be doing it this weekend, but the parts arent in. I got my springs and shocks, both apex, from JRP in Mississauga for $995 + tax. This was the cheapest I could find.

Motronix offers the H&R cup kit for close to $1500 + tax or so. Thats for the H&R springs and bilstein shocks.

Coilovers will cost you a fair bit. Im thinking around $2500 or so. You dont really need coilovers unless you want to go real low. The apex kit that I bought should lower me about 1.7" F&R.

Hope this helps.

By the way, Motronix is very helpful and will answer any silly questions you may have.

Gamite
03-29-2002, 12:07 AM
Definately Yes! I think everyone explained everything pretty throughly, so I dont need to continue.. :P :D

Gurl Bmw
04-01-2002, 10:08 AM
Like Mpresion said.... If you are going to do the springs, change the Shocks.... I didn't listen..... I trust me I am paying for it know... I've spent $3,000 on my suspenison because of it....:puke: When it really would of only costed me about $700 for good struts..

328power
04-01-2002, 10:51 AM
Thanks Guys

With our Canadian Winters i dont know about lowering my car.....

Might just keep it the way it is...atleast for now

s.p

328power
04-04-2002, 12:57 AM
How do your cars run in our canadian winters with lowered cars ??? It must be horrible

s.p

328power
04-04-2002, 12:58 AM
O and i have been checkin into springs and most of them say DO NOT USE WITH RIMS WIDER THAN 7.5...... Mine are 8.5.... I am guessing they might rub ?