PDA

View Full Version : Drove a new Carrera 4 today

Lennon
08-06-2003, 04:01 AM
Well, we had a customer trade it in on an E55, he also owns 2 Ferrari's and a Lambo Countach, let me tell ya, what a ride, no body roll whatsoever, I had to drive it across town to the Porsche dealer, then back again........ I was grinning ear to ear the whole time, just a blast to drive, and talk about responsive, just a beasty little car, time to start putting in that overtime......*th-up*

bmwm5lover
08-06-2003, 04:09 AM
Porche is Porche! they never cease to amaze me with their cars! the only car that i personally think is a disgrace, was the boxter, but when the Boxter S came, they sort of changed my perspective on that......

sonic07
08-06-2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
Porche is Porche! they never cease to amaze me with their cars! the only car that i personally think is a disgrace, was the boxter, but when the Boxter S came, they sort of changed my perspective on that......

don't you think the boxter more like ladies type of car ?

i like the 911 series, i tried once my friend 911, what a machine i had the rush feeling like when i used to ride my ninja 600 bike .... easy to reach 11000 rpm without any hasitation ....

jeremy
08-06-2003, 05:05 AM
i bet that drive across town took double the time it normaly would of :D

Jon@Bimmersport
08-06-2003, 05:29 AM
i got a craazy ride with randy he was driving his dads C2...and it was ****ing amazing

notjoe
08-06-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by jeremy
i bet that drive across town took double the time it normaly would of :D

I was thinking it would have taken half the time ;)

Lennon
08-06-2003, 01:21 PM
You would think that it would have taken half the ammount of time....... but Jer is right........... double time baby...... hey, I had to REALLY figure out where everything is here in Calgary, you know how it is! *th-up*

Daniel Xavier
08-06-2003, 02:47 PM
Only until I took a ride in a 2000 Carrera 2 did I think the price tag was unjusifiable.Man I could not get over the fact that a Porsche could be that comfortable while being able to pull and handle like that all at the same time.
I don't understand why someone would rather spend the same money on a brand new M3 vs a 2 year old Carrera except maybe for more backseat room and a trunk.Those that want an M3...I dare you to test drive a Porsche first.It's like smokin crack...one time and you're hooked!:D

mogie
08-07-2003, 02:26 AM
I have driven the GT2 and the GT3 let me tell you now I know what Porsches are all about.......Hrmmm future sports car a Porsche?? NAHHH to bloody expensive.......to maintain......to drive......to own....... :(

Jon@Bimmersport
08-07-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by mogie
I have driven the GT2 and the GT3 let me tell you now I know what Porsches are all about.......Hrmmm future sports car a Porsche?? NAHHH to bloody expensive.......to maintain......to drive......to own....... :(

whos? i sat in the pfaff porsche owners when it was at the dealer...it was SICK

the GT2 that is...i never knew GT3 were here

chanh
08-07-2003, 03:03 AM
3 came into pfaff already

mogie
08-08-2003, 12:54 AM
No @ DFC we recieved a Black GT3 not bad for a naturally aspirated Porsche, the spoiler is gross tho looks to rice. The GT2 I need not go further........ drool....

chanh
08-08-2003, 05:04 AM
Mogie - do u know if one is still avalible?and i thought there was a yellow one in the back

moerom
08-08-2003, 07:54 AM
All 2004 GT3's are sold in Canada. There is a white one and a yellow one at Pfaff.

In person, they are gorgeous!

mogie
08-08-2003, 06:09 PM
All the ones we got one black - I saw the white and the yellow as they were dropping the black beauty......Mmmm yellow.......

STALKER
08-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Daniel Xavier
Have you driven an M3. I use to have a 993 Carrrera 4S and I have driven a 996. As a daily driver the M3 wins hands down, and yes, it is quicker. My buddy who owns Canadian Cranes has a 996 TT, the power is just sick. The torque pulls you so hard into the seats it almost hurts. But I have to say that I can't stand Porsche interiors, unless you are willing to spend an extra 10G on interior options.