PDA

View Full Version : 18'x8 Compomotive Mo Rims

E302NV
08-05-2003, 03:09 AM
These rims are in mint shape they may have about 10 km's driven on them thats it.

They come with BF Goodrich Scortcher Tires probobly about 80% tread left.
The tires are older then the rims

I have attached a pic of them on my car.

I would like to get $2200 obo.

If interested please pm me

Geoff

jeremy
08-05-2003, 03:25 AM
1500 ? dont get mad...i gotta try

Soldo
08-05-2003, 03:26 AM
wow those are SEXY rims, i'd get these if they were 5 bolt!!
JER, get em!!
there BEAUTIFUL!!

jeremy
08-05-2003, 03:46 AM
if he does 1500.00 i'll pick em up and pay cash

Soldo
08-05-2003, 03:53 AM
DO IT!!!!!!
give em to jeremy, you have no idea how FRIGHTENING his car looks cause shes SOOOOOOOO sexy, but ridin on BOTTLE CAPS!!!
Find it in your heart to bargain a deal at the very least!

KennyTheGreat
08-05-2003, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
DO IT!!!!!!
give em to jeremy, you have no idea how FRIGHTENING his car looks cause shes SOOOOOOOO sexy, but ridin on BOTTLE CAPS!!!
Find it in your heart to bargain a deal at the very least!

Soldo
08-05-2003, 04:03 AM
see what i mean!

E302NV
08-05-2003, 04:04 AM
Sorry Boys

Me and Jeremy have talked He knows the lowest I will go.

I just cant do it for $1500 I would be loosing way to much money.

Sorry
Geoff

jeremy
08-05-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by E302NV
Sorry Boys

Me and Jeremy have talked He knows the lowest I will go.

I just cant do it for $1500 I would be loosing way to much money.

Sorry
Geoff

:(

jeremy
08-05-2003, 07:18 PM
alright.....1500.00 and i'll take you to caddys :D

E302NV
08-05-2003, 09:27 PM
Sorry Man

You know the lowest I will go on the rims.

jeremy
08-05-2003, 10:02 PM
even if i take you to caddys.....hahaha

jeremy
08-05-2003, 10:24 PM

qimis
08-05-2003, 10:45 PM
:D

KennyTheGreat
08-06-2003, 12:40 AM
did u get the wheel pics from a blue car?

:huh?:

*mw* *mw* *mw*

( QUICK JEREMY GET EM! )

jeremy
08-06-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by KennyTheGreat

*mw* *mw* *mw*

( QUICK JEREMY GET EM! )

my bid is in......1650.00.....

i dont even really want 18"s again, but i'm tired of trying to find some decent hub-centric rims with a proper offset...

qimis
08-06-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by KennyTheGreat

*mw* *mw* *mw*

( QUICK JEREMY GET EM! )

yes, it was taken from THE LEGEND :)

jeremy: i would go with those euro rims *th-up*

windsor318is
08-06-2003, 02:14 AM
a couple questions e302NV.......

- i recall you bought these off ebay a while ago....only 10 km on them though eh:confused:

- where they not like 800 bucks US or somewhere in that ball park..........2200 canadian:confused:

come on dude, how much money you trying to make off fellow members, rob89m3 payed 1500 bucks from another member on here for 1500 bucks with parada spec II tires....

E302NV
08-06-2003, 03:55 AM
Yes I did buy the rims from EBAY.

I paid $1200 for the rims U.S. when Iwon the bid.

F

jeremy
08-06-2003, 03:59 AM
1200.00 us....

xe.com Universal Currency Converter Results
Live mid-market rates as of 2003.08.06 04:47:35 GMT.

1,200.00 USD United States Dollars = 1,677.91 CAD
Canada Dollars

1 USD = 1.39826 CAD 1 CAD = 0.715174 USD

jeremy
08-06-2003, 04:01 AM
just a question.....how do you know they werent used...i could of sworn the guy said tehy were used.... http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14346&highlight=randy+welded+his+spacers

jeremy
08-06-2003, 04:02 AM
and did you change the tires >>>> i REMEMBER that guy said there was side wall damage to the tires from the GUY that owned them before him....so i guess they were used ?

E302NV
08-06-2003, 04:08 AM
Sorry I got cut off

After I got the rims I had them Refinished in white again and had them check to see if anything else needed to be done. I paid 600 plus taxes to have them powder coated in white.

After I picked them up I had driven maybe 10 Km's on them. Thats where the 10 comes from.

So now lets add up the numbers and see what we get.
$1200 u.s. = $1675
+ $690 = $2365.00

P.S. I beleive Rob got his rims from the States it was not a member of this board. I could be wrong but I dont think so.

So if Rob got his rims for $1500 I am almost sure he needed new rubber almost immediatley I think the tires had less then 50% tread. I would say we can add on at least $600 for rubber. That brings Rob up to $2100 Plus his rims were only in good shape mine look brand new.

So windsor before you go telling people I am ripping them off please get all your facts straight. I am not looking to make any money on this deal I am also not looking to loose money either.

Geoff

ZiMMie
08-06-2003, 04:11 AM
comon the least u can do it sell it to him. Com'on

jeremy
08-06-2003, 04:14 AM
first off geoff.....having your rims powder coated does not make them new.....you have 10km on the new finnish....the actual material the rim was made of has seen bumps heat etc etc....now, if you had them powder coated like you say you did, wouldnt that mean the rims were in BAD shape....probably abused if they needed to be re-done...so are they the same tires on there ? dont bitch at windsor, he is just doing what he is supposed to do= WATCH OUT FOR OTHER MAX MEMBERS...he was merely stating the facts in a very mature maner since you didnt

E302NV
08-06-2003, 04:22 AM
Actually the rims were not in bad shape at all. Preety good when they got here. I had them refinished because I was having my car painted and I wanted everything to look new.

As for the tires yes they are the same. Like I said the tires probobly have plus 80% tread. I can see no Sidewall damage at all.

As for the 10km I was not trying to rip any one off If the rims were not in perfect condition I would have been perfectly honest and told everyone they are not. I had them refinished and made sure there were no dings or bends in any of the rims. If I was wrong then I apolagize.

Geoff

ZiMMie
08-06-2003, 04:26 AM
COMON SELL IT TO JEREMY...

E302NV
08-06-2003, 04:30 AM
Jeremy and I can not curently agree on a price.

I will not except anything less then $2000 for the rims.

If you look and see what 18's are going for I am not that far off.

These rims are also somewhat rare. I think they are worth the money and I am not in a huge hurry to sell.

jeremy
08-06-2003, 04:31 AM
Actually the rims were not in bad shape at all. Preety good when they got here. I had them refinished because I was having my car painted and I wanted everything to look new.

As for the tires yes they are the same. Like I said the tires probobly have plus 80% tread. I can see no Sidewall damage at all.

As for the 10km I was not trying to rip any one off If the rims were not in perfect condition I would have been perfectly honest and told everyone they are not. I had them refinished and made sure there were no dings or bends in any of the rims. If I was wrong then I apolagize.

Geoff

so would you say the rims are brand new or not....remember, they were used before you and you did re-finnish them ?

jeremy
08-06-2003, 04:35 AM

So now lets add up the numbers and see what we get.
$1200 u.s. = $1675
+ $690 = $2365.00

just for the record....
i had 18x8 team dynamic monza's-500.00ea (actualy alittle more at the time)......and yokohama parada tires-180.00 ea.....

giving a total with tax= 3128.00

and i just sold them for 1600.00...

i'm just saying, a used rim is a used rim....you will never get what you paid for them...

Soldo
08-06-2003, 04:39 AM

Geoff
I don't understand why some people just can't claim there losses, look long story shot, you bought a CAR PART, nowwww, car parts are an EXPENSE and not an INVESTMENT!
i mean SURE you MIGHT get that price for the rims but chances are you'll be siting on those for a DAMN long while, till someone crazy enough (and i feel sorry for whoever buys them for that asking price in the shape they've been in)! You gotta look on the other side of things, powder coating the rims does not mean that you can jack up the asking price, i'm sure people would have boughten these rims wheater or not they were powder coated so you can't include that in your expense, thats almost like people including their fuel consumption when they go to sell a car.
Now i'm not sayin you HAVE to sell them to jeremy, i'm just saying that you have to be fair here and not try to scam people into buying something without being reasonable and informing the buyer of EVERYTHING you know of!

E302NV
08-06-2003, 04:41 AM
I beleive that for along time you were asking $2000 + dollars for your rims.

If you want to get technical about it then the rims are not brand new. When I had them refinished they were like brand new to me. I am sorry for leading any one on. The rims were Re powder Coated White.

Geoff

E302NV
08-06-2003, 04:47 AM
I have no problem sitting on the rims for a while.

You dont even know what shape they have been in. Thanks for the 0.02 cents though. I even stated in my last post the rims were in good shape when I got them.

Someone will be very happy with there purchase when they do sell.

Geoff

Soldo
08-06-2003, 04:49 AM
Hey no problem, and best of luck on selling them, i'm just saying that ALL history on the rims would help with an HIGH price!
That way people can somewhat understand where your comin from so you don't get such negative TWO PENNIES in the thread!

E302NV
08-06-2003, 04:50 AM
When you say people would have bought them Powder Coated or not for the same money.

Thats like saying someone is going to pay the same money for a new paint job on a car as opposed to the old one.

I dont think so

Much like the car if the rims were refinished they are worth more.

Geoff

Soldo
08-06-2003, 04:57 AM
NEAGATIVE!!
your example is a poor one!
a more proper example would be saying that if you were interested in a certain type of car (we'll say a VIPER just for shits and giggles), and you liked this car, you wouldn't care if it came in a BLACK or RED (red beind the buyers fav. color). You see, its a BONUS but it wouldn't have affected the sale!
ALLLLLLLSO, when you take off the original paint on a car, it actually DECREASES the value!!

jeremy
08-06-2003, 05:01 AM
I
If you want to get technical about it then the rims are not brand new. When I had them refinished they were like brand new to me. I am sorry for leading any one on. The rims were Re powder Coated White.

Geoff

but here you say they are ?? http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17621

E302NV
08-06-2003, 03:21 PM
Ok dont buy them. I dont care

I'll tell you what Soldomatic you sell a set of rims that are in ok shape and I'll sell a set that are in mint shape and we will see who gets more.

If your just looking for a fight remember its the internet I am not even gonna waste my time.

Thanks
Geoff

Soldo
08-06-2003, 04:18 PM
Sure thing buddy, never once was i ever interested in an argument, i was just tryin to help out a fellow member, and i was just tryin to help you out on a sale as well!
No need to get all pissy about it, i'm aware its the net, and i'm not tryin to "FIGHT" with you, just postin up some facts, thats all!
Chill out man, its all good!

Jon@Bimmersport
08-06-2003, 04:30 PM
i dont get it....most peoply would want original paint rather than new paint, new paint would show the car was in bad condition or ****ed up? im not saying the same about the rims but it was a bad example..

jeremy
08-06-2003, 04:52 PM
your missing the point....he had a used part, painted it and claimed it was brand new.....get it...?

Lil'Smoothie
08-06-2003, 08:25 PM
Why does everyone got beef?

E302NV has driven his car once since the rims and body kit went on, and that was to future shop, 2 minutes from his house. his car was brought back from the body shop on a falt bed for god sakes.
These wheels are mint......

Rob paid 1500 for his comp's from M3ntal Kev on this board....
he had to get tires immediately after and I'm willing to bet Geoff's are in better shape than Rob's wheels, plus these tires are newer

Geoff, hold out, you will get what you want if yoou wait

infact dont even sell em!

E302NV
08-06-2003, 09:21 PM
Thanks Kev

Give me a call when your around next

Geoff

jeremy
08-06-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Lil'Smoothie
Why does everyone got beef?

E302NV has driven his car once since the rims and body kit went on, and that was to future shop, 2 minutes from his house. his car was brought back from the body shop on a falt bed for god sakes.
These wheels are mint......

ya, but he is the third owner....he STATED they were new.... THEY ARE NOT !!!! he has a new finnish on them....you get it ?? it's like if i bought a used body kit, painted it and sold it saying it was new...wouldnt you be pissed if you paid primo dollar for a kit that was used and claimed to be brand new ??? i'm not trying to flame this guy (well maybe a little) but i'm tired of people being miss-lead.... get it ?

Jon@Bimmersport
08-06-2003, 10:58 PM
i dont got beef...

and jeremy..i got the point, he had an example of a car which didnt make sense cuz its not tru.

anyways, good luck with the sale.

and jeremy has a point..i wanna add..u said they are brand new..yet u bought them from ebay or something from a guy in pennsilvania however its spelled.

jeremy
08-07-2003, 12:21 AM
i dont got beef either.....i was just sayin'.....

Mclarenbenz
08-07-2003, 04:57 AM
E302NV, good luck with the sale man, don't listen to these guys, there just trying to low ball you(wich is perfectly fine), $2200 sounds like a good deal for these rare and sweet rims man. Damn, if I would of kept my E30 and wanted to go along with the mods I wanted to do, I would of picked these puppies up, unfortunanty I have a E39 project in mind, but anyway good luck, im sure someone smart enough will snatch these up.

jeremy
08-07-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by ngo
, im sure someone smart enough will snatch these up.

did you even bother too read the whole thread ?!?!?!.... and whats so rare about them ? yo can order a set anytime from www.fourstarmotorsports.com and their in canada...

E302NV
08-07-2003, 05:46 PM
So why dont you go order a set from fourstar motors if you want them.

Oh wait I know why.
Four Star Motors wants alot more money for the rims then I do.
I dont think they will take your offer of $1650 for a set. Put another $1000 on and you will be closer.

These rims are fairly rare in these parts I would agree.

Thanks
Geoff

jeremy
08-07-2003, 05:57 PM
actualy, i was quoted between 400-500 canadian a rim (depending on where the canadian dollar is at) from 4 star....i dont even really want THESE rims (like it says above).....but i figured that you had them ready to go in the gta and i could always use them in the meantime (while i decided what to buy).....i just sold my 18"s....and to tell you the truth, 18"s are dead weight.....they take longer to get off the line with and take longer to stop....i think they look really good, but as far as function i think they suck....no need to have a shit fit....i would of probably paid you the 2,000 you want.....but considering you are the 3rd owner and claim there new, that kinda turns me off....and when i spoke to the guy on ebay (2nd owner), he informed me there was side wall damage on the tires from the previous owner....and you still have the same tires on there...

so in summary: third owner rims with side wall damage to the tires, re- powder coated and a seller claiming there new.....1650.00 is more than enough....

once again, i am not trying to flame you....but you should include this info when trying to sell.....

E302NV
08-07-2003, 09:35 PM
Tired of all the bitching

As I stated earlier you dont want them I dont care.

Your offer of $1650 is not what I am looking.

Thats it

Geoff

jeremy
08-07-2003, 10:51 PM
Tired of all the bitching

As I stated earlier you dont want them I dont care.

Your offer of $1650 is not what I am looking.

Thats it

Geoff

geoff....i am merely saying....if your going to sell the rims to someone, you should NOT claim there new....its not fair to the buyer....ok ?

jeremy
08-07-2003, 11:15 PM
why dont you ask the moderators to erase this thread and you can start a new one (with proper info)....so this doesnt hinder your sale ?

Soldo
08-07-2003, 11:20 PM
Is this thread STIll going on, LOOK man, jeremy is RIGHT!
Don't lie about the item your selling, it makes you look bad since people KNOW the truth, AND........c'mon, COMON CURTESY man, do unto others as you want done to yourself, no one likes getting ripped off so don't rip people off!
CASE CLOSED!

Spartiatis
08-07-2003, 11:44 PM
All you guys should just not post on this thread anymore. You dont got the money, fine. YOU DONT GET THE RIMS.

There is something you should all know about Geoff. He is sick in the head. Everything on his cars have to be perfect. When he bought these rims, they were mint and I mean mint. I have know clue why he had them re finished. I think he likes spendin money*th-up*

jeremy
08-07-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Spartiatis
All you guys should just not post on this thread anymore. You dont got the money, fine. YOU DONT GET THE RIMS.

There is something you should all know about Geoff. He is sick in the head. Everything on his cars have to be perfect. When he bought these rims, they were mint and I mean mint. I have know clue why he had them re finished. I think he likes spendin money*th-up*

MINT IS STILL USED ! you are totaly missing the point....he claimed they were new !!! fuk:confused:

jeremy
08-07-2003, 11:51 PM
its fine if there used...but he should say.... "USED, BUT RE-POWDER COATED !!!"

jeremy
08-07-2003, 11:54 PM
FUKIN' ERASE THIS THREAD ALREADY....SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST TO THICK HEADED TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING....

Spartiatis
08-08-2003, 12:30 AM
And some people are thick headed about the price he is going to sell them for

jeremy
08-08-2003, 01:14 AM
And some people are thick headed about the price he is going to sell them for

i dont give a shit about the price....if you actualy read the whole thread, you would see i said i WOULD of paid the 2,000 he is asking...fuk, c'mon,read man !! i am upset by the lying....too many people get ripped off....buying something that is said to be new and it isnt....i'm going to buy a hood all rusted to shit, clean the surface rust and paint it....then i'm going to sell it to you spartiatis and tell you it's brand new....in a couple of months maybe a year it will rust out....then what are you going to say !!!! its NOT an issue of the price....i would have gladly paid that for the rims if they were WHAT HE CLAIMED.....but they are not....he is the third owner....he made it sound as if they were brand new...he stated "they only have about 10k on them"..........the paint is new, the material is not.....who knows how good they are structualy...

get it ?!?!

bmwm5lover
08-08-2003, 01:49 AM
i couldnt agree more with Jeremy.
jeremy, some people can't get the concept of NEW and USED thru their head.

jeremy
08-08-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
i couldnt agree more with Jeremy.
jeremy, some people can't get the concept of NEW and USED thru their head.

thanks man.....*th-up*

Soldo
08-08-2003, 02:25 AM
Said it once, and i have no problem saying it again!
JEREMY'S RIGHT!!
It's not the price, is the FALSE ADVERTISING that were all bitching about cause we all like to look out for one another!

///MsAniTy
08-08-2003, 03:28 AM
That was beautilful jer. TEAR. lol

Spartiatis
08-08-2003, 03:45 AM
Ok ok, you caught him. He is trying to scam all of you.
You guys should become detectives
*thmbsdwn*

Soldo
08-08-2003, 04:13 AM
Maybe we will, i think i'd make a GOOD detective, i ALWAYS won as a kid whenever i played CLUE!
;)

jeremy
08-08-2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
Maybe we will, i think i'd make a GOOD detective, i ALWAYS won as a kid whenever i played CLUE!
;)

haha...your a funny fuk :D

jeremy
08-08-2003, 04:37 AM
Ok ok, you caught him. He is trying to scam all of you.
You guys should become detectives
*thmbsdwn*

sarcasm much ? just wait until sometin' happens too you...you'll be thankfull there are people watchin' out for you.....i understand he is your friend, but think about if it was you buying the rims

Spartiatis
08-08-2003, 09:31 PM
How about this Mr. Jeremy.
Come and see the rims and you tell me if they are in as good condition as we say they are. Alright sweetheart?

Lil'Smoothie
08-08-2003, 10:40 PM
ya, but he is the third owner....he STATED they were new.... THEY ARE NOT !!!! he has a new finnish on them....you get it ?? it's like if i bought a used body kit, painted it and sold it saying it was new...wouldnt you be pissed if you paid primo dollar for a kit that was used and claimed to be brand new ??? i'm not trying to flame this guy (well maybe a little) but i'm tired of people being miss-lead.... get it ?

wutever........
I hate it when someone says they will buy something and make me hold onto it for weeks than don't buy it after I tell other ppl they are sold

uuuuhhhm ahem OBX coilovers

jeremy
08-09-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Lil'Smoothie
wutever........
I hate it when someone says they will buy something and make me hold onto it for weeks than don't buy it after I tell other ppl they are sold

uuuuhhhm ahem OBX coilovers

first off....that is not even close to what we are talking about !! maybe you should read the thread...at no time did i say i was going to buy them (his rims) and at no time did we have a deal.......as for obx setup, it was unfortunate what happend and you held them for ONE week as i recalll....i also told you something came up and i would be happy to buy them when you got back from your trip, did i not !??!?!

jeremy
08-09-2003, 02:47 AM
Come and see the rims and you tell me if they are in as good condition as we say they are. Alright sweetheart?

ARE YOU NOT FUKIN LISTENING TO WHAT I AM SAYING....your beating a dead horse !!!! the question is not about what condition they are in now....its about CLAIMING THERE NEW WHEN THERE USED>>>O.K SWEETHEART !!!!

jeremy
08-09-2003, 02:56 AM

oh, and i am not doubting they are in good condition....my problem was with the false accusation of them being new.....

your mad...because he is your friend.....you will never see it my way because of this.....your jaded.........why dont you just stop posting in this ****IN' thread........as for e302nv, as i said earlier, ask a moderator to erase this thread so it wont fuk up your sale.....all you have to do is ask...

Lennon
08-09-2003, 03:31 AM
Ok Jer, no worries man, I agree with ya, when you really break down this thread, its started as a sale, with a false statement, perhaps non-intentional, but maybe, who knows for sure, we never will, not the point, you have done more than prove your point on false adverts (very well done by the way). E302NV then after a while realizing this, retracted his statement, then agreeing with you that they were used, THATS when the thread should have ended and his sale continued, but, through heated arguments it continued....... which is a shame, people have said it before, and I'll say it again, this is a BMW club where we come TOGETHER to help each other out, but people can get carried away in heated arguments about little things, when in life, you compare, and really, this is a small thing..... BUT now we have all realized what has happened, and now we can move on, I hope, and continue with our new found info on the rims, and hope for the best on the sale.....

E302NV, I hope it all works out with the sale, just start a new thread, restate what ya have, make sure to word it correctly, *th-up* and you'll more than likely get what your asking for, so I hope we can come to terms on this. Thanks for even taking the time to read my post, as some of you I am sure of are tired of this.

- Lennon

jeremy
08-09-2003, 03:40 AM
well said lennon....i could not agree more....i am just trying to look out for everyones best intrests....i think the fact that i WAS originaly interested in the rims caused some confusion and haste...i think spartiatis is thinking this is more of a money issue, when infact it is not....it is about the good old saying "buyer beware".....i just want to make sure people (and myself for that matter) know what they are buying... and i think that we all should be doing this as we are a community/organised group...and most of us do look out for one another.... *th-up*

bmwm5lover
08-09-2003, 11:00 PM
JERRy JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY!!!!

Euro_E30
08-09-2003, 11:12 PM
jeremy chill bro its not worth it!!!! i understand what u r sayin and couldn't agree with u more..just **** it bro...b :cool: these guys dont understand what ur saying..

Lennon
08-09-2003, 11:31 PM
JERRy JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY!!!!

Who is Jerry?

bmwm5lover
08-09-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Lennon
Who is Jerry?
JERRY!!!! As in JERRY SPRINGER!
Get with the times man!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Lennon
08-10-2003, 01:18 AM
JERRY!!!! As in JERRY SPRINGER!
Get with the times man!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Uh yeah, what the hell was I thinking......... pffffft, I'm a MORON.......... ya moron

Spartiatis
08-10-2003, 02:25 AM
I dont think its a money issue. Just go look at the rims. Dont make assumptions that people are trying to rip you off

jeremy
08-10-2003, 06:49 AM
I dont think its a money issue. Just go look at the rims. Dont make assumptions that people are trying to rip you off

c'mon spartiatis...are the rims new or used ? just answer that question >?

BMW_7
08-16-2003, 11:50 PM
1. This is the thread with most replies in this section.

2. This is the thread with the most boring repetition.

jeremy
08-17-2003, 12:01 AM
and yet you decided to bump it back up :D BRAVO *th-up*

Soldo
08-17-2003, 12:03 AM
WELLLLLLLLLL, since its been bumped, I'm on Jeremy's side YET AGAIN, there are too many scamers on max (not THIS seller in particular) just making a general comment, and the bad guys are not the members that are trying to help others but the ones that are scamin in the first place!