PDA

View Full Version : ///m???

m three
08-05-2003, 12:13 AM
ok... i never knew exactly what the M meant in M3,M5, etc. ive always thought that it stood for Momentum, but im not sure, my friends say no or that they dont know. right now im on vacation in houston, and last night we went to eat dinner and my father parked next to a 740. it was nice and clean so i checked it out and i saw a badge next to the tail light and it said "///M" then under it, it said "Momentum"

So, am i right that the M is for Momentum or does it stand for something else?

If i am right, then what exactly does momentum mean? im imagining it has something to do the engine...

MP328
08-05-2003, 12:22 AM
The M does not stand for momentum.

i dont think it stands for anything but i could be wrong.

it is just the BMW High Perforamnce brand as AMG in benz.BMW M cars have long been recognized as the epitome of high performance and refinement. Building on BMW Motorsport's racing heritage, the long-awaited M3 is born of a tradition of innovative technology, sophisticated engineering and the determination to create one of the most exciting automobiles ever offered to driving enthusiasts.

The new M Series can be best summed up in three words: Power. Precision. Passion. Its return has been anxiously anticipated by both the automotive press and enthusiasts. Roaring onto speedways in 2001, the M Series have given enthusiasts another BMW to love... and opponents another BMW to chase.

The M3 was originally developed by BMW's racing department. BMW M cars reflect the synergy between BMW's racing heritage and production models built for daily use. As a result, the M3's motorsport successes and the numerous European and World Championship titles can now be enjoyed as a production car, available as coupe or sedan.

BMW believes a driver should be confident and a fully functioning part of the automobile. And to make the driving experience as rewarding as possible, the M3 is designed so that controls, gauges and information panels are positioned to become an extension of the driver's arms, legs and eyes. As a result the driver's skills are optimized; instincts and reflexes are used to their fullest advantage.

King Luis
08-05-2003, 12:34 AM
isn't M stand for motorsport but in german???

bmwm5lover
08-05-2003, 12:35 AM
"M " stands for MOTORSPORT, as in BMW's MOTORSPORT Division.

Lennon
08-05-2003, 12:36 AM
Guys guys guys! Its Motorsport!!

jeremy
08-05-2003, 12:40 AM
are you sure it isnt motorsport ? :D

Lennon
08-05-2003, 12:41 AM
No, I'm pretty sure its motorsport....... phththt, fool......

M3_MadBimmer
08-05-2003, 07:05 PM
i was thinking motorsport houw bout u guys?.... *thu-up*

Krim 325I
08-05-2003, 07:38 PM
no no guys i think you got it wrong, it stands for motorsport :P :P :P

TiemenT
08-05-2003, 07:50 PM
no man, it's Motorsport

flamatron
08-06-2003, 09:17 PM
Are you sure.... i think it's Motorsport... :)

moregothanshow
08-06-2003, 09:38 PM
yall is all wrong....its Manpower, as in how much manpower and labour u will have to put in at work in order to own one.... hahhaa jks.... its motorsports..... someone correct me if im wrong.....:D

m three
08-07-2003, 05:11 PM
yeah i was way off "momentum" is the name of a bmw dealership or something in like that in houston, because these passed days ive seen a lot of bmw's with "///Momentum" liscense plate frames. anyway, motosports makes sense, thanks guys

Soldo
08-07-2003, 05:49 PM
Ya terry said it best, its the cars made in the MOTORSPORT Division!

Kal
08-07-2003, 05:52 PM
bullshit u guys are dumb

its motorsport u idiots not motorsport

jeremy
08-07-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Lennon
No, I'm pretty sure its motorsport....... phththt, fool......

are you sure it isnt ///motorsport ?