PDA

View Full Version : Im Leaking Fuel! Help!

bmwm5lover
08-04-2003, 11:00 PM
im leaking fuel, just before the gas tank, right after the passenger door! Its pouring down like no tomorrow. could this be the reason im getting the Lambda control reading, since as far as my understanding goes, Lambda has to do with fuel control/vacuum leaks, etc.....

///m powered
08-05-2003, 01:49 AM
haha i hope you dont smoke..*smoke* ........everyone will nkow the[mini] bavarski as the flaming chariot

Lennon
08-05-2003, 02:23 AM
Hmm, hopefully the previous owner didn't know about this, and didn't screw you over on something here......... are you able to see the gas lines there? What about the lines from the filter? Until then, get something to catch all that gas in!

nzer
08-05-2003, 02:40 AM
lambda basically is a mixture reading.

Ahctuning
08-05-2003, 02:12 PM
seems you got problems with the car left and right. how much did you pay for your car?

not sure if the code is related. anyways, check the entire fuel line while you're at it. you may have to replace the entire fuel line if its badly corroded. hopefully, only a spot has rusted through, in this case, patch it up with a sectional hose and you'll be good to go again.

NickP
08-05-2003, 02:32 PM
The warning light is most likely unrelated.

The fuel lines go by the driver's side - the only things around the passenger side are the Fuel filler neck to the gas tank - if a gas tank rusts out this is usually the place it starts.

PS: Doesn't this belong in maintenance rather than performance?

HARTGE_H50!!!
08-05-2003, 03:05 PM
im leaking fuel, just before the gas tank, right after the passenger door! Its pouring down like no tomorrow.

I had the exact same thing happening to me 2 weeks ago. It was on my E36 though. I called BMW service and when the guy came he just replaced a metal thightening ring that had broken, just under the back seat, right side. It was fixed in 5 mins and I didn't have any problems since then. But again it was on E 36, I don't know a lot about cars and NOTHING about E30's. Hope this helps anyway.
Good luck

Sylak
08-05-2003, 10:04 PM
I got a simlar problem on my 325i 89... the tank leak only when full ( between 50 and 60 litre) so we ( me and the guy who sold me the car) the fuel level sensor gasket... But it still leaking... So i thing it's de fuel tank. leak by the top... i must change it.
so i thing you may have the same probleme.. becaue min leak exactly at the same place.

bmwm5lover
08-06-2003, 01:07 AM
well i changed the fuel filter today, and see whats happening....

bmwm5lover
08-06-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Ahctuning
seems you got problems with the car left and right. how much did you pay for your car?

actually this is about 2nd problem ive had...:confused: And they are all small....

SpoolinS6
08-06-2003, 01:30 AM
terry did u do any maintness on the car period ?
changes ur oils,diff oil , rad fluid .fuel filter ,gas filter
any of those
i would do all that when i buy a car i sudjest u do it 2!

bmwm5lover
08-06-2003, 02:46 AM
i did air filter, fuel filter, im going for an oil change sometime this week......