PDA

View Full Version : tint problem

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
08-03-2003, 11:55 PM
hey guys i just got my windows tinted and the guys at speed stars did a great job but now i see like dampness in the film and some dry and wet spots is this normal

also the rear window at the top has these bubbles on it
not on the tint but on the window which does not allow the tint to stick to the top part of the back windshield properly
has anyone else had these problems
if so wat could i do to prevent it

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
08-04-2003, 03:10 AM
help

Mitch555
08-04-2003, 06:00 AM
Best thing to do is just take it back to "speed stars?!?" and have them re-do your tint properly..... tell them they f*cked up and they should replace the tint for for no additional fee!

Jon@Bimmersport
08-04-2003, 06:07 AM
u got those guys to tint the windows? dude!!!!!!!!! why?

Sam
08-04-2003, 06:36 AM
You should've gone to a professional tint shop.

Homy.D.Clown
08-04-2003, 12:00 PM
bubbles in the tint may be a couple of things
air bubbles (duh)
dust on the tint/glass (take it back n make em redo)
or could be pitting on the glass surface (as from grinder sparks)
..in that case either suck it up or replace the glass

sorry bout the accent im not from round these parts *shiner*

TiemenT
08-04-2003, 12:39 PM
kill the bastards !!! :P

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
08-04-2003, 09:10 PM
thanks guys i believe i am going to wait a week for the tint to completely dry to see how bad it looks because if it still looks as bad as it does now then fuk it im going to just take the lose like a man and go somewhere else lol

M-sport
08-05-2003, 12:44 AM
Let the tint dry fully, the dampness/cloudyness should go away. If you are talking the pattern at top of the rear window, just get them to re-press the tint when it dries, this should help.

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
08-05-2003, 04:28 AM
yes i am talking about the pattern at the top of the rear window the littlcircles do you guys think i should just put a black plain banner across the back of it and then put the same in the front

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
08-06-2003, 03:22 AM
ok guys im really getting scared here
is it true did is almost impossible to take off becuase it has now been 3 days since my tint and all the wet spots are gone but there are lil bubbles in a couple place
will these go away when the windows are put down on friday

Jon@Bimmersport
08-06-2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by sUpeD Up BiMmEr
yes i am talking about the pattern at the top of the rear window the littlcircles do you guys think i should just put a black plain banner across the back of it and then put the same in the front

banners on a 330ci!?!?!? dude!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhh

wait for it to dry fully...if the big ones went away the small ones are still going away maybe? u can get them to remove the tint if u are not satisfied at the end

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
08-06-2003, 04:40 AM
guy not liek a banner with writing a banner of tint on the outside so its the same colour yet it covers that pattern at the top of my rear windshield
i am not ricey like you jon lol jks
i no u are going to be pissed about that comment