PDA

View Full Version : Supercar brands, wich one will you pick..

TiemenT
08-03-2003, 09:51 PM
hey people, I though let's start an poll on supercar brands, cause the one prefers an Ferrari to a Lamborghini, but the other one just loves the Zonda.. let see who's gonna win...

bmwm5lover
08-03-2003, 09:57 PM
I picked Aston Martin! NOTHING else combines power and elegance the way Aston Martin does. Besides, I LOVE the way they look!

King Luis
08-03-2003, 10:03 PM
Where's Porsche????
since it is not on there, i picked the koenigseigg
and don't tell me that Porsche is not a supercar. it can beat most ferraris and the new carrera gt isn't that much slower then the enzo

TiemenT
08-03-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by King Luis
Where's Porsche????
since it is not on there, i picked the koenigseigg
and don't tell me that Porsche is not a supercar. it can beat most ferraris and the new carrera gt isn't that much slower then the enzo

i'd didn't picked Porsche cause the Boxter isn't a 'supercar' and I don't think that Porsche's can beat most ferrari's, the 911 Turbo is faster then the 360, but the Ferrari 456 is faster then the GT3, the 575M is faster then the GT2, and the Enzo is faster then the Carrera.. so don't say that Porsche beats Ferrari my friend !!

btw: I was the one whould pick any Ferrari ! :D

betmen
08-03-2003, 10:20 PM
Koenigsegg all the way man, when they test it i hope it becomes the fastest car around, they are predicting it to be the fastest road car, but wel will see

but Koenigsegg is illlllll

Soldo
08-03-2003, 11:59 PM
NOTHIN BUT ASTON!!
since the VANQUISH appeared, it has taken my heart in the supercar category, unless PORSCHE was around!
(and YES, PORSCHES ARE supercar teritory, one KEY element to remember is that the porsches which are ONLY 6cyl. can compete with even the best of the V10/12 italian garbage out there!)
*wave*

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
08-04-2003, 02:35 AM
that is so true solda thank you for posting such a smart remark
porshes are 6 cylinder and it competes no problem with a 10 or a 12

SpoolinS6
08-04-2003, 06:56 AM
Koenigsegg all the way guy........
damn is that thing ever fasy!

TiemenT
08-04-2003, 11:02 AM
damn, I though that here was more Ferrari-fans, I wanna buy a good second hand 360 modena (trading the Z4), but they are still pretty expensive..

venom_design
08-04-2003, 12:38 PM
hey there,

I chose Pagani!! And where's the Dodge Viper?? *no-no*

Greetz Venom

TiemenT
08-04-2003, 02:29 PM
I use a Viper to pick up the grocery..:P

I'd only picked brands that only makes sports cars, such as Ferrari..

22b
08-04-2003, 10:36 PM
isnt Maserati a Ferrari?

Lennon
08-04-2003, 10:51 PM
Went with good 'ol European muscle car, the Aston Martin, the fine detail that they put into each and every car they produce is very respectable, great cars, I'd say that I would own one, one day, but only if I have enough to own both that and a DeLorean DMC-12, but thats my first love.

audiophilia
08-05-2003, 12:06 AM
One word: VANQUISH...Christ, what a gorgeous car...

Jeremy Clarkson lambasted it on Top Gear. Good enuf for me...

\/\/eapon
08-06-2003, 08:38 PM
where is mclaren?

TiemenT
08-06-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by \/\/eapon
where is mclaren?

I despise the McLaren, it's build without passion, some rich asses just wanted to build world's fasters road-car... with no emotion... an Koenigsegg has even more 'touch' ...

PrinceE30
08-06-2003, 09:58 PM
Sorry, but Porsche is 110% supercar...

The Carrera GT. 'nuff said. I'll put it right up there next to Enzo (and in the end I would rather have one because I trust German engineering more than I do Italian). The V12s in Ferrari are nice, but last I checked F1 uses V10s :D

In the end I chose the Koenigsegg. Haven't heard a bad thing about it. And as much as I love the Zonda, the styling of the Egg is more pleasing to my eye.

-Prince

TiemenT
08-06-2003, 10:19 PM
what about the Cayenne, the Boxter ? I call that NOT a supercar !

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
08-13-2003, 03:21 AM
how is a mclaren built without passion its fukin gorgous
just cause porshe has realistic cars up for grabs such as the cayenne the worlds fasted suv and the boxster which i am not crazy about but when it comes to supercars such as the carrera gt and ferrari 360 modenna i see ferraris way more often on the road

so i think that makes porshe just as big as a supercar as ferrari
porshe is just smarter and makes cheaper cars so then there are more buyers

TiemenT
08-13-2003, 11:35 AM
McLaren was officially build by some rich oil-guy's, that whould build the fasted road-car, and that thing about Porsche, they don't build supercar, ofcourse the Carrera GT is the ultimate porsche, but what about the Cayenne (a.k.a. frog-face) and the Boxter, now that are NOT supercars, BMW makes also great car, and the M3 for example is just superb, but it don't make it like a supercar, the Ferrari 355 is just a proper supercar, don't mension the following models (360,575,F50,Enzo) now that are just supercar's,
and that thing about seeing more ferrari 360 modena's on the road then Carrera GT's, yes doh... I see more Porsche's on the road then Ferrari's, but that doesn't make sense when we are talking about supercars, cause you don't see the Enzo often on the road (i'll hope i see 1 once in my life on the road) but that's just because off the pay-bill on that car's...

EMPOWERD
08-13-2003, 11:56 AM
I would take any Porsche over a comparible over-priced Fiat (Ferrari). The Ferrari's may be faster at all-out top speed.... but around a race track where speed ACTUALLY counts (ahem: TeimenT) every Porsche you listed would beat it's Fiat counterpart hands down. My list would look like this...

Carrera GT
Koenigsegg
McLaren F1
Pagani Zonda

p.s. The only reason you see more Porsche's on the road is because you live where people are smart and buy "everyday" supercars that they can actually drive when it rains... and not let their Italian ego get the best of them. Stand on the corner of Weston Rd and Hwy 7 on a nice Sunny Sunday afternoon and see how many whops bring out their pasta-rockets to show off at every stop light.

JimZYellow
08-13-2003, 02:41 PM
i chose ferrari because i've loved em since the time where i loved cars *love*

TiemenT
08-13-2003, 07:40 PM
[i]The Ferrari's may be faster at all-out top speed.... but around a race track where speed ACTUALLY counts (ahem: TeimenT) every Porsche you listed would beat it's Fiat counterpart hands down. [/B]

sorry man, but just relax, get a couple hours of sleep, and then read this again, every Porsche whould beat the Ferrari ??
I'm laughing my ass off, cause can you mension what's gonna happen when you put a Boxter against an 360, and when you put an 911 against an 575MM, and a Carrera GT against an Enzo, cause everytime FERRARI WINS...

Amen.*angel*

Jon@Bimmersport
08-13-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by TiemenT
sorry man, but just relax, get a couple hours of sleep, and then read this again, every Porsche whould beat the Ferrari ??
I'm laughing my ass off, cause can you mension what's gonna happen when you put a Boxter against an 360, and when you put an 911 against an 575MM, and a Carrera GT against an Enzo, cause everytime FERRARI WINS...

Amen.*angel*

prove it.

GT and enzo cant be decided because GT hasnt been tested against it yet.

911 turbo against 575M? more like 911 turbo against 550, GT2 against 575M.

Ferrari's are nice...and sound sweet...but i'd take GT which is faster most likely, and looks nice compared to Enzo.

btw, are u italian?

Carlo
08-13-2003, 09:24 PM

Amen.*angel*

Exactilly!!! I've driven many many ferrari's amd many porsche's of all kinds (more then the average person), and based off real time experience Ferrari's are "my" car of choice. Not to mention there a more exclusive car (lower production numbers). Standing on the corner of Weston Rd and Hwy 7 on a nice Sunny Sunday afternoon....done it! Sorry Randy, but all I ever see is short armed deep pocketed square heads driving hittler hot rods!!! ;)

EMPOWERD
08-13-2003, 09:31 PM

Amen.*angel*

You can keep laughing there TiemenT... at yourself! I'm correcting your statement as follows...

the Ferrari 456 is faster then the GT3, the 575M is faster then the GT2, and the Enzo is faster then the Carrera.. so don't say that Porsche beats Ferrari my friend !!

This is where you're misinformed. Don't put words in mouth by comparing cars that don't match (400HP 360Modena vs. 320HP Carrera2).... Your above statement is dead wrong. Any of those 3 cars you mentioned there from Ferrari will loose to those 3 Porsches mentioned at the Nurburgring Nordschliefe. A proper racetrack that tests the abilities of any true "sports car". The stock GT2 actually has the track record for fastest production car!
Face it, Porsche's a produced to be everyday driveable supercars, and Ferrari's (when not broken in the garage) are made for modern-day boulevard cruisers. The last Ferrari I was in love with was the F40 because it was raw... still produced while Enzo was alive. Now everything revolves around marketing profit and pinach.

p.s. I have many friends that own Ferrari's and they admitadly confess this to me all the time. Sick of their overpriced Fiat's breaking down constantly.

TiemenT
08-13-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
prove it.

GT and enzo cant be decided because GT hasnt been tested against it yet.

911 turbo against 575M? more like 911 turbo against 550, GT2 against 575M.

Ferrari's are nice...and sound sweet...but i'd take GT which is faster most likely, and looks nice compared to Enzo.

btw, are u italian?

the Enzo is faster then the GT, and to say that, they don't have to race eachother, cause the enzo is just faster in the performance... and chosing between an GT and the Enzo, I'll pick the Enzo !!

ps. no Italiano, look to the left and you see: the Netherlands *drink*

EMPOWERD
08-13-2003, 09:37 PM
the Enzo is faster then the GT, and to say that, they don't have to race eachother, cause the enzo is just faster in the performance... and chosing between an GT and the Enzo, I'll pick the Enzo !!

ps. no Italiano, look to the left and you see: the Netherlands *drink*

I highly doubt the Enzo is faster than the Carrera GT. You can't even claim that because the GT isn't even out! number for number they are both very close (assuming Porsche's number from it's test mule)... the ultimate test will be on the track... so put your testosterone away and admit that Ferrari's now-a-days are good for one thing... status symbols for small cocks.

Jon@Bimmersport
08-13-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by empowerd
I highly doubt the Enzo is faster than the Carrera GT. You can't even claim that because the GT isn't even out!

thats what i said...

e30mpowerd
08-13-2003, 11:26 PM
first of why there was no porsche in your pool really pissed me off porsche is the best super car in this world no car like porschre and ofr u randy when u reply on the compering between the carrera gt and the enzo ... yea the ferrari is very good i am with u but not like the gt or dont convence me that the enzo is faster than the gt if any one of buy's the car magazine which is british mag u will find not the gt the 996 turbo took the best car in the world for more 10 monthes almost a year ... and talking for the gt u will find if u saw it that car is v10 not v12 like the enzo and the option on the gt is a superb for the first time u going to find a ceramic clutch compost with ceramic brake made by porschr not brembo like ferrari for your info porsche is the first company to invent the ceramic discsat the end enzo is not like the carrera gt and for every porsche philoshpy is to produce a suberb and supercar with low price comparing to lambo or ferrair or oagani or other company ... sorry guys i wrote much in this thread

TiemenT
08-14-2003, 11:35 AM
so? Porsche was the first with ceramic brakes.. that's doesn't say that it's GT is faster then the Enzo, but we see it when the official specs are there..'
and I'm not a Lambo-fan, and no Pagani-fan, but they just make great supercars... and I'm gonna explain it for the last time I didn't toke Porsche in my pole.. cause I wanted to chose between superbrands, and when you see at Porsche, they don't make only supercars.. and Ferrari,Lambo,Pagani,Aston Martin and Maserati do..
but it's only a pole so you are gonna decied what's best.. and all the negativity about Ferrari, well just look at the standing of the pole...

AJBMW
08-14-2003, 11:36 AM
Ferrari all the way... they are just making the best cars in the world...

TiemenT
08-14-2003, 11:37 AM
Absolutely agree man.. *th-up*
but the thing with me about Ferrari is absolutely coming while I had an Ferrari 355

e30mpowerd
08-14-2003, 12:32 PM
it depends on what u like yea i like ferrari .... lambo ... zonda ... and all the car u mentioned overall it's a piont of view ....very one got his own piont of view and we got to respect each pther point of view

e30mpowerd
08-14-2003, 12:33 PM
isn't she beatifull ))))))

TiemenT
08-14-2003, 05:27 PM
it's great I admit it but just look @ this:
http://gwwtcomm.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/enzo3.jpeg

Redmer
08-14-2003, 05:30 PM
ferrari all the way espacially the 360 Modena and the 575 Marrenello

TiemenT
08-14-2003, 07:20 PM
I totally agree ! I think the 360 Modena is the most beautiful car EVER ! just look:
http://www.tomcirillo.com/modena/side.jpg

e30mpowerd
08-15-2003, 04:22 AM
whata nice ferrari man ferrari enzo looks great *th-up* but take a look at these :D

e30mpowerd
08-15-2003, 04:24 AM
beauty ain't every thing about that car what inside the car is much important to me ))))

venom_design
08-15-2003, 11:01 AM
I made this pic at the dutch circuit at sunday. This is one hell of a car!!!

venom_design
08-15-2003, 11:05 AM
and the back

huckle
08-15-2003, 11:33 AM
I don`t know much about the performance of a ferrari compared to a porsche, but I`d take a porsche over a ferrari anyday.
And the reasons you give for excluding porsche from the poll just make no sense at all, and read more carefull what people have to say, because some of your comments to other people`s posts, just make no sense either.
Don`t get al frustrated on me now eh ;)

berry

TiemenT
08-15-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by e30mpowerd
whata nice ferrari man ferrari enzo looks great *th-up* but take a look at these :D

the performance of the GT is just great, but I think they looks to cute