PDA

View Full Version : 20 x 24 Posters of your car

MIKES
07-31-2003, 04:30 PM
I am a scanner operator by trade. I work on a Fuji Celsis 6250 Scanner that is the lastest in design for high end scans. I do work for Wendy's, Upper Canada Mall, Harveys, Toronto Raptors etc. The very best quality guarranteed. The scanner alone costs $500,000 U.S so you know the quality is going to be awesome. I can scan transperancies, or orginal reflective copy (like shots from Blacks or where ever) It will be printed off our new image setter to those specs. Either matt finsih or high gloss, the choice is yours. Price is $100 for matt finish and 120 for glossy. This is a very timeconsuming thing when ever you blow up a image over 400%. Pixels swapping and retouching are already added in the price. The printed paper alone costs $50 a sheet. High quality work for a fraction of the cost. Don't compare other service bureaus to my work because they can not compete. Kinkos is cheap low quality. This is all done inhouse in a 20year old graphics firm. Email me at mricketts@iplatforminc.com

Soldo
07-31-2003, 05:03 PM
hey man i actually might be interested, i should have my car complete in few weeks and onces shes all finished, i would LOVE to get a poster of my baby, but whats the mat finish look like, is that when its on the thick wood poster style!?

crusher
07-31-2003, 05:40 PM
I'm interested once my coworker gets back and develop the night film!! we will see how it looks :D

djcontra
07-31-2003, 06:05 PM
I'm very interested, but for later on down the road. Do you plan on working there long?

Also, if you can print on vinyl, I have a job for you right now.

MIKES
07-31-2003, 06:22 PM
Its a family business so I am going nowhere anytime soon. Matt finish is basically a colour shot without the high gloss laminate. My garage is full of pics of my cars. Very sharp, very clean, and above all else very professional. Hit me up guys, you will not be dissappointed. I can also give you a tour of the facilities and show you the different samples you can choose from.

djcontra
07-31-2003, 06:42 PM
Mikes: my father wants a decal made up that he can stick to the side of his hummer; possibly one with a magnetic backing. Do you make anything like that?

MIKES
07-31-2003, 06:54 PM
We are actually a prepress film house. We can supply film to get it done. But it would be much cheaper if you actually went to someone that specailizes in that.

M50E30
07-31-2003, 09:51 PM
If I wanted this done I would need to supply a digital picture for you?

MIKES
07-31-2003, 11:00 PM
You have to supply me with a picture or transperancy that I can mount on the scanner and res up for the best picture quality. Scans are over 300 megs. If you supply a Cd I can also burn you a copy of that image for your own use. Everything I do is backed up on dat tapes, so if you want to reproduce this pic years down the road you can. I don't work with digital files from digital cameras. I am selling scans that are being blown up to poster size. Blacks or any other service bureau can do that for you. There quality isn't that great, but as the saying goes you get what you pay for.

M50E30
07-31-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by MIKES
You have to supply me with a picture or transperancy that I can mount on the scanner and res up for the best picture quality. Scans are over 300 megs. If you supply a Cd I can also burn you a copy of that image for your own use. Everything I do is backed up on dat tapes, so if you want to reproduce this pic years down the road you can. I don't work with digital files from digital cameras. I am selling scans that are being blown up to poster size. Blacks or any other service bureau can do that for you. There quality isn't that great, but as the saying goes you get what you pay for.

So if I get a digital picture of my car developed into a 5X7 or 8X11 picture than you can do the poster?

:confused:

MIKES
08-01-2003, 12:44 PM
M50E30
- Yes sir that is correct. I do this because I Res the shots up for maximum detail and colour enhancement. Not too mention my scanner can blow up images better and keep way more detail once its blown up 400-500% then any digital camera on the market today. I aim for the best quality, and I know my equipment can do it.

M50E30
08-01-2003, 02:44 PM
M50E30
- Yes sir that is correct. I do this because I Res the shots up for maximum detail and colour enhancement. Not too mention my scanner can blow up images better and keep way more detail once its blown up 400-500% then any digital camera on the market today. I aim for the best quality, and I know my equipment can do it.

Could you PM me your contact information? When I get my car back from the body shop I want to get some pics taken.

Dave

BTW - What about a panoramic pic? Like below....

MIKES
08-01-2003, 03:10 PM
YGM. If you get me a panaramic shot I can blow it up for you the same way. That is not a problem.

qimis
08-01-2003, 03:11 PM
can i see some sample posters ? like the one from your garage ?

MIKES
08-01-2003, 04:16 PM
Thats no problem, I live in Markham. pm me your contact number and I can set up a time this weekend if you wish to check them out. The pics in my garage are also in smaller size on my website www.qsquared.com/carsite If you don't like Mustangs, GN'S and other muscle cars then you probably don't want to click on the link. There you will see my White GN my brothers Mustang and tons of cars we are selling for people with complete write ups. But that would not give you a fair indication because of its size.

MIKES
08-02-2003, 05:47 PM
ttt

MIKES
08-05-2003, 07:27 PM
pms were sent out, thanks again guys.*th-up*

Pkorkis
08-05-2003, 08:14 PM
I'm interested, but can you wait for a little while. At the SoCal meet on E46fanatics.com, (EVERYONE WELCOME, GOTO E46fanatics.com FOR INFO) we will be taking some quality pics of our cars, so once i get those back, I might be interested!
Thanks!
Phil

MIKES
08-05-2003, 09:25 PM
Let me know Phil, I will do a awesome for you. First couple guys off every website I post this on I will give them a 22 x 28 for the same price.

desetPif
08-06-2003, 01:09 PM
M50E30

cut the bullshit man. what u r saying is utterly ridiculous.

the best scan can't obtain more data then there is on paper.
data from a digital camera contains more information than u can ever get from a scan of a print from a digital camera.
quite a bit of the digital data is lost when making a print so scanning such a pic will produce less quality information.

processing the digital data is a far better way of blowing up and enhancing the image.

MIKES
08-06-2003, 03:14 PM
Take it easy tough guy. Explain yourself without being rude then we can have a civil dissuccion about it. No need to talk on that level. I am not offending anyone here. Let me explain myself. As a image is blown up over 400% detail is lost because of the blow up. Information is lost because we are now dealing with larger pixels. If I get a regular picture and scan it at Res 16 which is 406 dpi it retains more info ( info about the scan, not more detail then the orginal print) because its being blown up by a machine that factors those areas when doing blow ups. I am not saying I am going to maintain the same deatil as the orginal( obviously not because of the size), but I am not going to loose as much detail when blowing it up. All a digital camera can do is res up a scan. It can't factor in blow ups therfore it is not using any software that maintains the same detail as a scanner with that software built inside. You are stretching the info when using a digital camera and you can only res it up so high. I scan at 406 dpi which makes the scan over 300 megs. Are you telling me that a digital picture at 72 dpi resed up to 304 dpi can maintain the same detail as a scan that is resed up to 406 dpi and 300 megs? obviously the one with the most info is going to retain more sharpness due to the amount of info thats in that particular scan. What you are saying would be 110% true if I was just scanning it at 100% (size as). But thats not what I am doing here. From what you are saying to me, you tell me if that makes sense. Do you think your pic from a digital camera printed out at 100% is going to be the exact same pic (I am talking about sharpness and detail ) when blown up over 400%? No its not because you are stetching the info and loosing data while doing so, that was what I was trying to say. We are all grown here my friend, no need for any agruements. Talk to me on a more civil level and I will be happy to answer your questions or pm me if you feel the need to.

MIKES
08-06-2003, 03:45 PM
Lastly this is what I do for a living. If I could get better results with a digital camera, don't you think would do it? Do you not think I have not tried it before? 20 x 24 is a big picture. I just want to hold my head up high at the end of the day knowing I gave out my best work not just my output from my imagestter. Thats all.

MIKES
08-12-2003, 03:22 PM
pm's were sent out.