PDA

View Full Version : Crank Sensor / Cam Sensor

328power
07-29-2003, 10:11 PM
AAAA how sweet it is,,,

I finnaly made myself bring my car in after i have a cold start problem for the last 6 months ( takes 3-5 tries after sitting for more than 6 hours )

Brought it in to Chucks auto and after a couple hit and misses.... They changed the Crank and Cam sensors and they say its fixed but i am leavin it there one more night to see if it did in the morning...

Has anyone had to change either before ??

328power
07-30-2003, 01:12 PM
nope its not fixed ...they thought it worked but it didnt....unbelievable...

The problem that no one can fix...

notjoe
07-30-2003, 11:05 PM
Maybe air is getting into the gas line if the car sits for a while/doesnt have any pressure on the line and it takes the injectors/fuel pump a couple of trys to bring the fuel back up?

BlackTape
07-31-2003, 03:53 AM
Last month my I had the same problem... My car wouldn't start... It would crank but never fire.... Like an idiot I though it was the battery and I tried jump starting my car and I even used Spray starter to try to start the danm thing...

My car was sittin in the garage when it would start so I had to get it towed.

The shop I took it too charged me like 700 dollars for diagnostics and then finnaly the relacement of the crank sensor.

328power
07-31-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by BlackTape
Last month my I had the same problem... My car wouldn't start... It would crank but never fire.... Like an idiot I though it was the battery and I tried jump starting my car and I even used Spray starter to try to start the danm thing...

My car was sittin in the garage when it would start so I had to get it towed.

The shop I took it too charged me like 700 dollars for diagnostics and then finnaly the relacement of the crank sensor.

mee tooo...over 700 so far

Peter1998
08-10-2003, 07:01 AM
so. what did u changed recently? only crank sensor and cam sensor? did u check all those basic things? spark plugs and else? all great? if u hit some gas while start it.. will it be easier? for hard to start.. there is so many things to try... :(

SickFinga
08-10-2003, 10:38 AM
if i'm correct crankshaft sensor was a recall on e36 and any BMW dealeships should change it for free.
On my strut tower i have a bmw sticker that says that my sensor was changed due to recall.

328power
08-10-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Peter1998
so. what did u changed recently? only crank sensor and cam sensor? did u check all those basic things? spark plugs and else? all great? if u hit some gas while start it.. will it be easier? for hard to start.. there is so many things to try... :(

I have changed the water pump , fuel pump , head gasket, crankshaft and camshaft sensors, 3 way valve.....i have checked the spark plugs their fine ...and pressing the gas while start doesnt help : (

Peter1998
08-10-2003, 05:28 PM
it left out.. Starter or DME or fuel regulator to check i think...

328power
08-10-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Peter1998
it left out.. Starter or DME or fuel regulator to check i think...

yeah fuel reg ,may be it