hypertension
07-29-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by greekthang
Yeah use a wax :D

:confused: .... :confused:

all right

DunDan
07-29-2003, 05:41 PM
Basically, wash with Dawn and lots of water to remove all dirt and old wax, clay car, may want to use some gloss, then apply wax from front to back on top panels and up and down on side panels.

greekthang
07-29-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by DunDan
Basically, wash with Dawn and lots of water to remove all dirt and old wax, clay car, may want to use some gloss, then apply wax from front to back on top panels and up and down on side panels.

NEVER NEVER NEVER use dish soap detergent. It strips your cars natural wax finish. Use a car wash soap ( any kind ) and wash and dry completely. Then allow to dry fully and apply wax ( zymol, great stuff ) in the shade. You must apply wax on a cool car though. Usually I wash one day wax the next

DbIiRrTdY
07-29-2003, 06:20 PM
NEVER NEVER NEVER use dish soap detergent. It strips your cars natural wax finish. Use a car wash soap ( any kind ) and wash and dry completely. Then allow to dry fully and apply wax ( zymol, great stuff ) in the shade. You must apply wax on a cool car though. Usually I wash one day wax the next

I think that is the reason why he says to use dawn - to remove the old wax on the car.

If you are a novice i don't recommend you clay your car until you know what your are doing ... you can mess up the finish if done incorrectly

later

koncise
07-29-2003, 09:02 PM

It's ok to use dish soap detergent once or twice a year before a waxing. Using it regularly would be very bad.

dtthiaga
07-29-2003, 10:34 PM
When you use a product like Zaino, they recommend using the "Blue Dawn" dish soap once before putting on the Z1 product.

Like everyone said, you don't want to use dish soap on a regular basis as it removes the wax.

hypertension
07-29-2003, 11:17 PM
thx for the suggestions

dtthiaga
07-29-2003, 11:36 PM
Don't clay barÖ.. especially if you are a novice. You can do more damage than good.
Zymol or something like that is good for a single stage wax job.

Iím on Coat #2 of Z2 From Zaino. I have to find the time to do 1 or 2 more coats. :)

Jon@Bimmersport
07-30-2003, 03:05 AM
are u waxing your BMX? or your riced up 1986 civic hatch?

SeRb
07-30-2003, 03:45 AM
no our mazda 626
:d

hypertension
07-30-2003, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
are u waxing your BMX? or your riced up 1986 civic hatch?

im waxing your mom from behind

Jademonkey
07-30-2003, 10:45 PM
First, ignore what was said about washing with dawn and claying.
The car has no "natural waxes" so there is nothing to strip.
There is no oils on the paint to strip. All dawn will do is remove a carnuba wax, if there is any on there.
And claying is very easy to do, and very hard to screw up.
Just make sure you use lots of lubricant and fold the clay often to make sure that there is no dirt at the top, and you will be fine.

Check out www.autopia.org for more information.
Use the search and you will find all the info you need.

Acidblast
07-31-2003, 12:52 AM
check out http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc they got some tips on how to wax.