PDA

View Full Version : parts on the way!

2slow3
07-28-2003, 08:16 PM
Getting ready to do some long overdue work and ordered all the parts today. Got the radiator fan (one of the blades now is broken), new thermostat, aluminum thermostat housing, upper and lower radiator hoses and some BMW coolant and Water Wetter.

I figure it'll be easier to do all this stuff at once since it's all right there. Been reading up on the site and some other places, just wondering if anyone has any gee-whiz tips for this stuff? Any tips or lessons learned greatly appreciated! *th-up*

Thx.

moregothanshow
07-29-2003, 09:35 PM
www.understeer.com check them out...

2slow3
07-30-2003, 12:08 PM
Thanks man! Great site. Although nothing specific to what I'm doing, got some good tips reading through it.

*th-up*

2slow3
07-31-2003, 12:00 PM
Darn it! got most of the parts in yesterday, but one of the hoses and the thermostat housing are on back order -- won't get them until next week! :mad:

Guess my plans of doing it this weekend are out!

moregothanshow
08-02-2003, 04:59 PM
do u plan to do the fan delete mod?

2slow3
08-08-2003, 01:09 PM
sorry, been out of commission for a few days ...

No, not doing the fan delete. The fan has a blade that's broken off so I'm just replacing. I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable doing the fan delete and just depending on the auxilery fan, I sit in a lot of stop and go traffic on my commute and it gets darn hot in the summer.

Plus, the car's already running a little warm, which is why I'm doing the whole t-stat deal and coolant flush.