PDA

View Full Version : Tips On Buying A Car

Tommy Boy
07-28-2003, 12:48 PM
JEEz..my threads get so many responses!!EXCELLENT!!!;) WELL here is another that i hope will get a TON of hits. I am wondering if you guys have any tips on how to tell if a used car is in good condition. Is there any hints/signs that a car is in good condition or in bad condition. What signs can you find on/in a car that should tell ppl to " STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR!!" Anything to do with TIPS ON BUYING A USED CAR is acceptable in this THREAD!!:puke:*wiggle*:puke:*wiggle*

greg_84
07-28-2003, 02:02 PM
Check the underbody is not corroding, check the exhaust pipe, andything bad the engine is spitting out would be coming out the exhaust.

M50E30
07-28-2003, 02:08 PM
Look for bone stock cars that are owned by older people and check the condition of the floor (oil spray/undercoating is a bonus!).

*th-up*

djcontra
07-28-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by M50E30
check the condition of the floor (oil spray/undercoating is a bonus!).

*th-up*

Can you believe I had one potential buyer for my car end up bailing out on me because I had my car undercoated??
He tried to play that I was hiding rust or some b.s. like that...whatever!

HARTGE_H50!!!
07-28-2003, 07:46 PM
check the headlights, if there's a lot of rubble (?) on it and there's a low amount of kilometers on the counter then you know that someone probably messed with the counter.
ps: with 'rubble' i mean those impacts of little stones and stuff, i don't know if it's the exact word but that's what i found when i looked it up in my dictionary... :) Anyway i think you know what i mean

sonic07
07-29-2003, 03:40 AM
check rust around sun roof if there is one ....
this is a good one check underneeth the trunk lid, i found so many bmw with rust at that point also the rubber seal around the trunk.
one last good thing is run the vin on carfax at carfax.com or if you know somebody who has an account there. it will tell you everything the past history of the car. if you want i have an unlimited membership there for 30 days. just send me the vin and i can run it for you ...

bmwm5lover
07-29-2003, 03:47 AM
Well, Lady driven is a bonus, and so is oil spraying. Both owners of my car were women, and the car was oil sprayed every year. 2 years ago tho, they left it ina sotrage for 9 months, where the car rusted on the sunroof/hood. So verdict is, do not buy cars that havent been driven for long periods of time.

sonic07
07-30-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
Well, Lady driven is a bonus, and so is oil spraying. Both owners of my car were women

hmmm .... ladies owner .... must smell nice in there ........ i mean in the car .... i know where you guys mind went ....

when i just got my car damn i hate that smell of armor all ..... it took days to get rid of it with fabreeze .....