PDA

View Full Version : wtf is this circuitry ....?

sonic07
07-25-2003, 04:05 PM
i was looking underneeth the dash board and found this thing hanging down what a heck is it ... any body know? or any suggestion because it looks like burned ....

phaust
07-25-2003, 06:19 PM
with a quick look at it i think it's a home made PCboard, and the purpose seem to "bypass some function of your car.. maybe just disable the "check engine" and not report error? you may be able to remove the little pcboard from the plug, and check elsewhere in your car where this plug is going to!

sonic07
07-25-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by phaust
with a quick look at it i think it's a home made PCboard, and the purpose seem to "bypass some function of your car.. maybe just disable the "check engine" and not report error? you may be able to remove the little pcboard from the plug, and check elsewhere in your car where this plug is going to!

ya ... come to think of it .... perhaps the previous owner must've done it ..... ok i'll try that unplug it and check it ....

thanks

Furious
07-25-2003, 07:03 PM
i would be carefull what you play with , it could be a bypass but make sure that you can use it again or somehow replicate in case that it vital to your cars performance

slemmer
07-29-2003, 12:00 AM
Definitely looks home made. It would have been encased with a manufacturer's product code if it was readily available. The board looks like it took a lot of heat from the diodes.

phaust
07-29-2003, 06:14 PM
sonic07: did you find the solution?

bmwm5lover
07-29-2003, 06:43 PM
i donth know, but here is my guess. you know that thing that makes the Bong Bong BONg sound when ur door/lights are open/on? well i just disconnected mine, and the wire looked ALOT like that one...

sonic07
07-29-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by phaust
sonic07: did you find the solution?

no not yet because everything is still running good .... like the old mechanics used to say ... if it ain't broken don't fix it ... probably i will try it this weekend ..