PDA

View Full Version : Audi TT Coupe

crusher
07-25-2003, 02:18 PM
driving south on the dEEveepEE traffic jam when a audi tt coupe cut me off the fast lane. This old guy was driving erraticly like a balls on fire or something. Anyways, a few km down the road the hwy open OMG no cars he was waiting for me on the middle lane when I came side by side with him I looked over and the old guy was like WTF he guns it lol... i gave the M some gas on 4th and lined up with him so everytime he guns it i just line up then on a good straight away I gun it lol and when it's my turn to wait for him to line up the sucker wouldn't line up lol. What a tease :D

PS: lol i was just playing around with him. didn't even hit 6k rpm :P

golden
07-25-2003, 06:26 PM
haha, thats great

HARTGE_H50!!!
07-26-2003, 07:12 PM
hehe, good kill !
looks like my story, but without the traffic jam.
Raced a TT before with my 325is E36 and lost to it... So i'm pleased you showed him some bm power *th-up*

Bavarias_Finest
08-17-2003, 08:08 PM
TTs are easy and cheap to put bhp into, but a stock TT is ugly and slow.

Bigbore
08-18-2003, 03:17 AM
you really think they are ugly? hmm, i really like em they look so thick (only way i can explain it)

Bavarias_Finest
08-18-2003, 03:50 PM
A stock TT I think is ugly. You get a dual exhaust package on a hard top, lower it, add some HREs, and the thing looks mean.

Soldo
08-18-2003, 03:56 PM
Agreed, i used to think they were nice till i sat in one, lemme tell you, i started hyperventilating due to claustraphobia, its TOOOOO tight in there, i couldn't even adjust the seat cause the headrest hit the roof!!
Anyhow, nice kill!

IVAN
08-18-2003, 05:53 PM
I can not stand Audis...
The bottom line is that bmw beat Audi in every posible question.

Soldo
08-18-2003, 06:22 PM
Your nuts, AUDI's are AMAZING, they have a quattro system that is almost impossible to beat and they have very well tuned engines, i admit the TT is hideous, but all they're other cars are VERY well designed, have you seen the NEW A8, looks a HELLUVA lot better than any 745 i've ever seen!

Bavarias_Finest
08-19-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by IVAN
I can not stand Audis...

The RS6 beats the M5 according to Motor Trend and Road and Track and was chosen over the E 55 AMG due to its feel and handling. The new S4 V8 4.2 also out handled the new E46. Im not much for Audis new look, but their Quattro handling is unmatched. Ever watch the Le Manns racing series????

Motor Trend : RS6 v. E 55 AMG (http://roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=663&page_number=2)

TiemenT
08-20-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by IVAN
I can not stand Audis...

that counts for me 2 !! those things are just a really waste of money... the A4... buy BMW 3rule them.... an A6...buy an BMW 5.. and the A8..buy the BMW 7 !!

M50E30
08-20-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Bigbore
you really think they are ugly? hmm, i really like em they look so thick (only way i can explain it)

http://www.auto123.com/ArtImages/14821/01.jpg

:confused:

Why do they look so similar? And so ugly! :puke:

audiophile
08-20-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by TiemenT
that counts for me 2 !! those things are just a really waste of money... the A4... buy BMW 3rule them.... an A6...buy an BMW 5.. and the A8..buy the BMW 7 !! Well, I love my BMW and will probably drive BMWs forever, but dont discount the Audi. a low end A4 has 180hp and is turbocharged; all wheel drive is fun; they have beautiful interiors and excellent stock audio. These cars are truly a joy to drive.

If you say an Audi is a waste of money; you've never driven one.

I love BMWs, but if I was buying a new car, I'd buy an A4 over a 3er sedan. However, I'd also take an M3 over an S4 anyday; so go figure.

Bottom line is these are both awesome cars that perform superbly and look excellent; neither is a 'waste of money.' lets talk cadillac if we want to talk about a waste.

Soldo
08-20-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by TiemenT
that counts for me 2 !! those things are just a really waste of money... the A4... buy BMW 3rule them.... an A6...buy an BMW 5.. and the A8..buy the BMW 7 !!
All honesty, HOW?!
I mean i love BMW's and will always try to own one,but if i couldn't AUDI would be my next choice, and how is it a waste of money, look at a BASE audi (A4 1.8T, 180hp, AWD) and a BASE bmw (320i, 160hp, RWD) and take a wild guess which ones CHEAPER, so in reality, which one is REALLY a waste of money, and a 7 over an A8, NO WAY, the new 7's are completely hideous IMO, and i think the A8 is the BEST lookin limo out right now!

330DTM
08-20-2003, 05:37 PM
Another crazy discussion about Audi's vs. BMW's, what else is new. :rolleyes:

To say that an Audi is a waste of money, obviously that is being totally biased. First of all have you driven an Audi before? Even if you have and say it still sucks then obviously you're being narrow minded.

I'm sick of people saying that X car performs like shit compared to Y car, yet in reality they only drive the car on the streets and bearly drive it at the limit yet still the CLAIM they do. Obviously if a car has different driving characteristics from another then for sure it requires a bit of adjustment to driving technique to compensate for that.

Now tell me why when I watch the Speedvision World Challenege that the Mazda Protege's and Integra Type R or RSX Type S's are always so close in compeition with the BMW's? Two front wheel drive cars and the rear wheel being the BMW which also usually has the horespower advantage. If BMW's are so great how come they never pull away from the rest pack drastically?

I'm definitely not a fan of the Audi TT's or the newer A4's. I'll stick with the B5 A4 and B5 S4's. They may be heavier cars to haul around the course then the M3's, but they're still sweet looking and hell of a fun to drive in the winter and rain.

coolhand
09-03-2003, 12:45 AM
Yea yea!