PDA

View Full Version : Windshield's cracking !! Question....

Razkal
07-24-2003, 02:50 PM
Hi all...

On Monday I was going down the 427 and I heard a huge bang off my windshield... I looked at it, looked fine but by Wednesday, I had a 10 inch crack across my windshield... :mad:

Anyone know a good place that I can take it?? I have a 300 deductible so if I can get it done for cheaper, all the better but if not, if someone knows a good place I can get it done...

Thanks in advance!

sadda///M
07-24-2003, 05:08 PM
A buddy of mine went to Sure autoglass beside rustcheck in brampton... kennedy or rutterford (sp?) not sure...shoud be north of steeles. they paid his entire deductible. give them a call before trekking up there *th-up*

Gamite
07-24-2003, 06:34 PM
sanj, get it replaced through charlie, he can get it done for cheaper than 3 bills.

THey get a guy to come and they do it for you on the spot.

djcontra
07-24-2003, 07:19 PM
I agree with gamite. Pay to have it fixed on your own instead of bothering the insurance company with it. The increase in your premiums won't be worth it trust me.

Furious
07-24-2003, 07:23 PM
ya im gonna third that motion and say stay away from the insurance company's , not worth having a claim on your record.

Razkal
07-24-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Gamite
sanj, get it replaced through charlie, he can get it done for cheaper than 3 bills.

THey get a guy to come and they do it for you on the spot.

Thanks for the info guys! I called Charlie this morning and got that guys phone #. He is mobile and the best price I heard today....

blkm3
07-24-2003, 07:41 PM
hi there,
I got mine fixed last yr and it costed 250 and the guy comes to you house . i'll pm you the # if i find it.

mpower1226
07-24-2003, 09:14 PM
mine too cracked before and I changed to OEM replacement part for 170 bucks installed.

Shamis
07-24-2003, 09:55 PM
hey i have a 3cm crack on my windshield

how much are those to fix??

P.S. Mpowwer u want me to send u that pic but in better quality for ur sig man?? and edited so my cars not in it??

djcontra
07-24-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by mpower1226
mine too cracked before and I changed to OEM replacement part for 170 bucks installed.

Does yours have that blue sunvisor stuff at the top of the glass? I want to get one with out that, I think it looks so much cleaner, and I never really feel that ''innovation'' ever helped me anyway.

MP328
07-25-2003, 07:47 AM
i'd say leave it for now. unless it's really bugging u.

my dad has a crack on the passat for the last 3 years and never got it fixed. the damn windshield would be more worth then the whole car.

slemmer
07-29-2003, 12:08 AM
The only drawback by not changing the windshield is that the safety factor is reduced in the unlikely event of a rollover. Because it's cracked the structural strength of the glass is not as good as uncracked (of course).

The other thing is that if you are stopped on a R.I.D.E. spotcheck, they'll nail you with a fine for a broken/cracked windshield.