i've heard good things about the canon, minolta, and olympus cameras

post your best quality digital pic & let me know where you got it from

i'm thinking about a 4 megapixel model

thanks
*wave*

damn...no interest in helping a brother out eh?*mumble* :(

johnoz
07-24-2003, 02:57 PM
searching would help. but short answer go pick-up a canon a60 (2.1MP) for $400 you will not regret it. The canon people should pay me some :)

JeRsEy
07-24-2003, 03:20 PM
ohh ohh...get either the canon s400 or the cannon s45....they are AMAZING...i have the s45 and my dad has the s400....the s400 is a lot smaller and lighter than the s45 but they are both 4.0 mpix

they are great!!!

sjinto
07-24-2003, 04:34 PM
thanks guys... i've checked out cnet and saw some good reviews of the canons as well....there's nothing like a personal review though*th-up*
i'll prolly check out henrys and best buy to see what kind of "deals" are around*wave*

MP328
07-24-2003, 05:15 PM
i was looking myself for a camera and basically came down to 2 of them

either the canon a70 ($499) or the sony cybershot P72 ($499) both were the same price at futureshop, only the sony came with a rechargable battery. but after reading some reviews the canon looks like it comes out on top. i've seen the a70 for $471.50 on a website but don't remember where. also read that they were $299US down in the states at staples if u dont mind the drive or have some family there.

bugkiller
07-24-2003, 05:16 PM
i second the s400. great camera in a tiny package

sjinto
07-24-2003, 05:21 PM
i was browsing another forum (mbworld.org) and there's a thread w/ some wicked digital pictures....mostly from peoples vacations...pretty cool stuff

if you have a nice digital pic please post it...let's see your photography skillz*th-up*

Gamite
07-24-2003, 06:40 PM
canon has some very good cameras right now, very worth the money. they have one for about every price range.

www.dpreview.com has a lot of examples and models u can look at

whiskeym3
07-25-2003, 03:59 AM
I don't mind helping, but a price range would be good, also, would that price include other stuff, like camera bag, or memory, or extra battery?

Whiskey

sjinto
07-25-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by whiskeym3
I don't mind helping, but a price range would be good, also, would that price include other stuff, like camera bag, or memory, or extra battery?

Whiskey

up to $700 camera only - s/b at least 4 megapix

i'm leaning towards the canon s400 - i think i can get it w/ extended warranty for about $650 (excluding extras)

*wave*

Razkal
07-25-2003, 01:54 PM
Go to this site.... Its an amazing resource for all cameras out there.....

http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html

I have used this site in the past to get opinions....

djcontra
07-25-2003, 02:28 PM
Whatever you buy, dont bother with anything less tham 3 megapixels. With at least 3MP you can still get your pictures developed professionally and they'll look sharp and clean without pixelation.
Try and buy a camera made by a KNOWN camera manufacturer. Stay clear away from things like sony, or panasonic, etc. Those companies make great televisions, but SUCK ASS at making cameras or speakers. I dont care what anyone says. The layout of these cameras they make is awful!

A~G
07-25-2003, 04:18 PM
I have a Canon 4.0 Megapixel Digital Elph... Its easy and fun to use, + many USEFUL features.. .i recommend it.<--- S400
I got it for 699$ a while back, +bought an extra battery pack, + 256MB mem card and a holder. With tax it was about $1100,,, WORTH EVERY PENNY.

sjinto
07-25-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by G~G
I have a Canon 4.0 Megapixel Digital Elph... Its easy and fun to use, + many USEFUL features.. .i recommend it.<--- S400
I got it for 699$ a while back, +bought an extra battery pack, + 256MB mem card and a holder. With tax it was about $1100,,, WORTH EVERY PENNY.

that's what i like to hear...it's settled s400 4sho!*th-up* - (i'm going to check the site Razkal suggested anyways - hope there's no negative reviews*wiggle*

sjinto
07-25-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Razkal 320i
Go to this site.... Its an amazing resource for all cameras out there.....

http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html

I have used this site in the past to get opinions....

thanks - that's a wicked site - the review of the s400 was like 5 pages long*th-up*

whiskeym3
07-26-2003, 05:19 AM
Based on your price range i say the safest bet is to get the S400, but others to consider would be the olympus stylus 400 which is all weather proof, and also the pentax optio S, which is even smaller than the s400. if your out going, give the olympus a try, its not that much bigger than the S400, but since its all weather proof, you would probably be more incline to use it under conditions that you might not with the other two. If you love size, and size only, i think the pentax is pretty small, and altho its mp count is lower than the others, 3.2 should be more than enough if youre not going to print more than a 8x10. Lastly, again, the safe one is to go with the canon, they were the first to introduce small cameras like these, and have had plenty of success with previous model. Any of these three i would recommmend, but i say, go to henrys, or futureshop, buy it, try it, and return it if you dont like it.

hope this helps

Whiskey

golden
07-26-2003, 08:06 PM
pick up a canon g2.. bad ass camera, but big

sony dsc-v1 is new , small and 5 mp

people saying sony's cameras are not good? what abou tthe dsc-f717? one of the highest rated 5mp cameras