PDA

View Full Version : Challenged a 2003 VW Jetta GLI

greekthang
07-23-2003, 02:32 PM
Man what a run this morning. This guy guns it off the lights and unsuspected I gun it as well. I catch him in traffic and perfect timing we both line up to the lights. I knew it was on. Damn the thing was quick though. He said his car was stock and had the VR6 option with 200hp and a 6 speed. We lit them up off the lights. Out of the hole I jump 1/4 of a car on him. He couldn't gain and I couldn't pull through 1st, 2nd and 3rd !!! In forth I started pulling on him a bit and let off. Had him by almost a car. Damn things are fast. Does anyone know what the 0-60 and 1/4 miles those things do ??

skillton
07-23-2003, 03:54 PM
1/4 mile should be low 15's

Rolled_Out
07-23-2003, 06:03 PM
high high 14's

greekthang
07-23-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Rolled_Out
high high 14's

Very happy then. It was a great race and now I have kind of an idea of what my car would do in the quarter mile.

330DTM
07-24-2003, 01:45 AM
They are indeed pretty quick. When I went with my A4 buddy along with some of the Club Vaper members, I watched and taped a red 24valve VR6 running. He did pretty well and and got 15.1. We came late so I don't know how his other runs were but still decent, but not E36 M3 fast.

greekthang
07-24-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by 328DTM
They are indeed pretty quick. When I went with my A4 buddy along with some of the Club Vaper members, I watched and taped a red 24valve VR6 running. He did pretty well and and got 15.1. We came late so I don't know how his other runs were but still decent, but not E36 M3 fast.

This is true. It is not E36 M3 fast. I think though from now on in I will save my energy (and points) for the track. I want to set-up my car hopefully this year of next year and track it.

330DTM
07-24-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by greekthang
This is true. It is not E36 M3 fast. I think though from now on in I will save my energy (and points) for the track. I want to set-up my car hopefully this year of next year and track it.

Sounds like a sweet deal that you're thinking of tracking your car.

Haha, so what suddenly got you into the tracking scene?:D

greekthang
07-24-2003, 03:27 PM
Sounds like a sweet deal that you're thinking of tracking your car.

Haha, so what suddenly got you into the tracking scene?:D

It has never been sudden. I was at Shannonville last week and last year at Cayuga with the guys that tune my car. I actually got into 2 track cars when I was at Cayuga and it was ****ing amazing. What a thrill, rush and fear all at the same time. Ever since then the bug is in me just saving the cash to actually do it and take the drivers ed coarses as well.

330DTM
07-24-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by greekthang
It has never been sudden. I was at Shannonville last week and last year at Cayuga with the guys that tune my car. I actually got into 2 track cars when I was at Cayuga and it was ****ing amazing. What a thrill, rush and fear all at the same time. Ever since then the bug is in me just saving the cash to actually do it and take the drivers ed coarses as well.

Yup exactly the same thing. An Audi A4 neighbour who I met took my friend and I to Shannonville. I was scared to sit in the car at first because I only had my G1 then and never was used to performance driving. The first lap around was scarry, but then my adreneline rush skyrockted and that's when I fell in love with Track racing and autocrossing.

greekthang
07-25-2003, 01:17 PM
Yup exactly the same thing. An Audi A4 neighbour who I met took my friend and I to Shannonville. I was scared to sit in the car at first because I only had my G1 then and never was used to performance driving. The first lap around was scarry, but then my adreneline rush skyrockted and that's when I fell in love with Track racing and autocrossing.

Exactly how I felt. Ever since then the bug has been bitting. There is nothing that comes close to what you can do on a track that can even compare to street driving.