PDA

View Full Version : Dealer in Waterloo on crack

AcidSnow
07-23-2003, 02:26 AM
I have 2 1998 328i's with some rust coming in on the side of the door panels, on the same spot on both cars. They are both still under warranty, so I take both to the Dealer (B-K Motors) in Waterloo, the service manager comes out to check it out, and says "I've never see rust on that spot on any other car, so its not covered" WTF!!!! he says the warranty only covers rust on the trunk, not on the front or sides of the vehical WTF!!!

I take the cars to BMW of Mississauga, and they instantly set me up with a garage to get them fixed under warranty - no questions asked. I pass this information to B-K Motors, and now the guy will not return my calls.

The problem I have now is that I live in Guelph, and the garage is in Toronto (too far) and they want the cars for 4 days. I need to get them fix locally, but the dealer in Waterloo is giving me a really hard time.

what can I do?? is there a head office I can call?

ambasah
07-23-2003, 03:43 AM
You may wish to contact BMWNA and let them know what's going on.

dtthiaga
07-23-2003, 12:31 PM
The guy that fixes it for BK-Motors ins't very good. I had my trunk fixed under warranty and it came back in about 2 months.

The only thing you have to be careful about is if there is a stone chip which caused the rust. I don't think that is covered.

JeRsEy
07-23-2003, 02:51 PM
i cant say enough about the guys at BK....they have been SO good to me....talk to Tim in service...he is great....i had my car there yesterday...they replaced my entire radio bc i said the cd didnt eject all the way...no questions asked...they replaced my headlight, clear corner and bulbs bc there was a TINY bit of moisture in the corner....all free..
this was yesterday

Autotechnica
07-24-2003, 02:54 PM
Did you get into an accident or something? It's hard to believe a '98 would have rust. My previous '92 barely had any rust at all, and it was winter driven.

Bry

SpudBoy
07-24-2003, 11:50 PM
e46: no problems

e36: They will act like you are driving a kia

Also, sevice levels will vary from dealer to dealer.

slemmer
07-29-2003, 12:12 AM
I've heard many good things about the service at Mississauga BMW. Their parts counter is something else, though.

Soldo
07-29-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by SpudBoy

:confused: ????
What you mean KIA's?!?!
My car is 9 years old and theres HARDLY any rust but i drive it in the winter NON stop!

sonic07
07-29-2003, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by SpudBoy

LOL ... we should bring them a Kia .... to fix ....