PDA

View Full Version : E30: 325is Oil leak

jonny325
07-22-2003, 02:26 PM
I have a oil leak on my car but it only leaks when my car is running. I've traced it to a what looks like some sort of plug/level sender or sorts in the side of my oil pan just to the left of my oil filter. I tried to explain it to my BMW dealership, but they're dummer then a sack of hammers when it comes to the old BMW's. so if you guys have any ideas, or if someone has had this problem before...please let me know!
thanks alot!

TiemenT
07-22-2003, 03:17 PM
I can happend to any car, just let it fixed at the garage

BimmerMan
07-22-2003, 03:49 PM
Let me know if you need any parts. I have an extra 1987 325is motor.

TiemenT
07-22-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by BimmerMan
Let me know if you need any parts. I have an extra 1987 325is motor.

haha, he just have a oil leak, when I have a scratch on my car, I don't buy a complete new one :huh?:

nzer
07-26-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by jonny325
I have a oil leak on my car but it only leaks when my car is running. I've traced it to a what looks like some sort of plug/level sender or sorts in the side of my oil pan just to the left of my oil filter. I tried to explain it to my BMW dealership, but they're dummer then a sack of hammers when it comes to the old BMW's. so if you guys have any ideas, or if someone has had this problem before...please let me know!
thanks alot!

sounds like the oil pressure switch. Damn easy to replace and shouldn't cost more than 20 bucks.

When you turn the key to the on position but don't start the car do you get a low oil pressure warning? If not then its definately that. Even so it probably is the oil pressure switch.

Good luck

jonny325
07-29-2003, 03:01 PM
thanks! I'll check that out.*th-up*