PDA

View Full Version : SHANONVILLE ANYONE only 40CARS ALLOWED!!!!

2L8-IWON
03-24-2002, 02:48 PM
Hey guys bunch of my friends every year gather together and go out to shannovile and take it to the track rather than the strip mmmm i mean street,,,, yeah thatzz right so yeah..
There are only going to be three track days this year b/c all the days we want are already booked.the track days will be posted on our website www.vandelay.ca in a week. but the first one will be may 4th the second one I think will be june 8th and the last will be june 29th. The Price $$$$ WILL VARY BASED UPON HOW MANY WILL SHOW UP & WHEN YOU DO IT $$$$$ PAYMENT UP-FRONT REQURIED NO EXEPTION!!!!!!! COST WILL BE $125 ONLY IF PAID 30 DAYS IN ADVANCE OR $150 THE WEEK BEFORE THE MEET

You will be on the track with the Likes Of Porsche 911's Acura NSX's Mazda RX-7 and Of Course BMW's!!!!!!!! 3ers and 5ers(?maybe not sure)

The Rules Are SIMPLE, COMMON SENCE, AND YES YOU MUST FOLLOW THEM ALL!!!!!

Rules of the Road:

1. No passing, except for the back straight. Violators may be banned for the rest of the day at the marshal's discretion.

2. Observe all flags.

Black: Come in and see the track marshal. You may have problem with your car

Red: Come to a complete stop immediately! There is a problem on the track.

Yellow: Beware ahead! Be prepared to slow down

Checkered Flag: You win (or last lap of session)! Come into the pits.

3. Absolutely no racing. Leave plenty of room between cars. Violators will be banned for the rest of the day (marshal's discretion).

4. If you do go off of the track, be absolutely sure before re-entering. Put on your hazard lights and head back the pit area for inspection.

5. Helmets are highly recommended. This is especially important for owners of convertibles.

What to do BEFORE going onto the track:

1. Empty the contents of your car. This includes the floor mats, maps, glasses, CDs, etc. Nothing should be loose inside the car. You will also want to make sure that the contents in the trunk of your car is secure as well. Many drivers remove cargo covers, cd changers, spare tires, jacks, etc.

2. Check your tires. Extremely important! Do a visual inspection, looking for any rips or bulges. Check the tread for any punctures. If in doubt, ask.

3. Tire pressures. Safety and performance is directly related to tire pressures. Be sure to check consistency among all four tires. Check before AND after lapping sessions as temperatures will alter pressures dramatically. A tire pressure guage is a worthwhile investment.

4. Check the wheel nuts. Someone will come by with a torque wrench to inspect tighten the wheel nuts. Please have the specified measurements handy (check your owner's manual if in doubt).

5. Do a visual inspection of your car. Look for any leaks, coolant and/or oil in the engine bay or underneath the car. Make sure all parts are secure. Cars are the ultimate responsibility of the owner, and we reserve the right to check and ban cars if deemed unfit for the track.

:idea: If you are ever in doubt, ask!!! We want to ensure everyone's safety.

ABOVE ALL, HAVE FUN!

you want to join check us out at www.vandelay.ca this way you know we are for real!! not out to steal your money! or email Jimmy the main Coordinator bubbleboy@vandelay.ca or me at mortgagecentre@sympatico.ca I will give out my cellular phone numberIF ANY OF YOU GUYS FEEL THAT IT IS NESSASARY, but YOU MUST SHOW respect the hour that you call no 1/2or3am calls (I will post more details if the need does arise)

It all about Having Fun With The Toys That we Love and Enjoying Some SAFE Fun!!!!! With New and Old Friends!!!!!!!!!!

FINAL NOTE; WE WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY HORSE PLAY OR STUPIDITY, WE WILL KICK YOU OFF NO IF ANDS OR BUTS!!!! WE WILL INCLUDE FREE OF CHARGE A SHORT BUT EFFECTIVE ADVANCED DRIVERS TRAINING COURSE DONT WORRY IT WONT TAKE ALL DAY ITS JUST TO MAKE SURE THAT EVERYONE IS ON THE SAME PAGE AS EACH OTHER!!! THANKS GUYS AND WE WILL SEE YOU ON THE TRACK.

330DTM
03-24-2002, 04:49 PM
Are passengers allowed to ride along with the driver on track?

2L8-IWON
03-24-2002, 07:50 PM
As long as they use their seatbelts,it is prefered that they have a helmet, but its all good if you need a co-pilot or a videographer, just as long as they are safley inside the car, you know..

addbhp
03-25-2002, 09:13 AM
Definitely interested in the May 4th Date. Better get my car out of storage soon. What track configuration are you expecting to run? My vote is for Full track or Fabi!

lovince
03-25-2002, 05:34 PM
I hope you can confirm your schedule soon so I can work out mine *angel*

330DTM
03-25-2002, 06:59 PM
Are we paying $125 for the whole day or for how many hours?

2L8-IWON
03-26-2002, 12:42 AM
oppps sorry bout that I kinda fur-got,,,, :eek: but yeah we tried the whole track thing last year fun but holly she-hat $8g-notes and when half the people dont show up,, "uhh sorry bro I didnt have time, i forgot, had to get my teeth done, my inlaws etc etc" yeah we got a little pissed and thats why we pay up front now.....
So Yeah Its not the whole track but it is the FABI, and yes we have the whole thing, I think its around 2+KM in length, and we have it agian for the whole day, We will post the final 100% stuff on the website, www.vandelay.ca that should be done by next week if everything goes as planned, and you can check out the track set up for those that arent to familiar, dirrections, and of COUSRE LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!! some BMs VWs MBz 911 NSX TTs there all there!!!

So Recape; Track is the FABI 99% Pos
And ITS ALL DAY LONG 100% Pos

2L8-IWON
03-26-2002, 12:45 AM
Found this picture this is the Track hope it turns out properly if not let me knowC:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Pictures\Sample Pictures\fabitrk.gif

2L8-IWON
03-26-2002, 12:46 AM
grrr hate computers sometimes,,,, ok maybe some operator error but they still suck last time i try

2L8-IWON
03-26-2002, 12:58 AM
Mee so stupid Sorry I KNOW YOU HATE MANY POSTS But if you hightlight where I typed it will show up dam GIF files (have to blame sumpn) you can see it, sorry it was made as a layer for any background but black, sorry donr all kill me i wont do it again jk

M3ntal Kev
03-26-2002, 01:53 PM
*th-up*

straight_6
03-27-2002, 12:08 AM
I'll be up for maybe both june days. Never been to fabi, or shannanville for that matter.

2L8-IWON
03-28-2002, 08:35 PM
WE HAVE SOLD OUT 28 SPOTS, THEREFORE WE ONLY HAVE 12 SPOTS LEFT IF YOU WANT TO GO LET ME, OR JIMMY KNOW ASAP

FC in TO
04-04-2002, 08:18 PM
I am interested in May 4th and June 8th

Sent you an email.

2L8-IWON
04-04-2002, 10:23 PM
THIS IS THE LAST CALL TO GET IN WE ARE GOING TO BE CLOSING THE FIRST DATE SOON, WE WILL NEED YOUR CONFIRMATION NOW!!!!! IF YOU WANT TO GO!!!!!!!!

THE FEE IS $125.00
DURATION = ALL DAY
WHERE = SHANNOVILLE
TRACK= FABI

NEED TO KNOW WHO = TOMOROW APRIL 5TH

DATE = MAY 4TH

email Jimmy the main Coordinator bubbleboy@vandelay.ca or me at mortgagecentre@sympatico.ca ASAP

CIAO GUYS LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL THERE!!!!!

2L8-IWON
04-04-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by FC in TO
I am interested in May 4th and June 8th

Sent you an email.

CHEQUE YOUR PM I SENT YOU A MSG CIAO & TTYS CALEB

2L8-IWON
04-07-2002, 07:35 PM
For those of you that have submited your registration we welcome you all and cant wait to see you on the track lets all pray that the sun stays out and no rain like last year!!!

On a sadder note;
If your still wishing to go we only have about 5 to 8 spots left now, the fee has also risen for those that are going to register after April 4th 2002 like I had made mention to in the beginning its $125 if you pre-register and $150 if you dont pre register. We still want to see you out, so send your emails to Jimmy or me and we will get everything set up!!!!

DONT FORGET WE HAVE ANOTHER TRACK DATE COMING UP IN JUNE SO DONT WORRY WE CAN STILL SEE YOU THEN.. OK LADDIES AND GERMS SEE YA ZOOOOOOMM

yeah i know chessey latter Ciao
Caleb