PDA

View Full Version : HOW Can U AFFORD UR BIMMER's!?!?

Tommy Boy
07-20-2003, 04:01 PM
OK, I am just wondering how so many of you ppl have SUCH FREAKIN awsome BIMMER's!?!? Most of you guys/girls are young and yet you can afford a bimmer!! Can you guys tell me your age, your car and how much it cost (with all modificatins) and how much you pay for INSURANCE and what you do to pay for this expensive hobby LOL. THanks guys!*smoke*

blkm3
07-20-2003, 04:09 PM
we all stick together right guys :cool:

bmwm5lover
07-20-2003, 04:35 PM
all it is is one word! WORK

Soldo
07-20-2003, 04:56 PM
Well, heres the story, i'm 19, worked since i was 12 (started as a PAPER ROUTE, but hey, its still work) saved up planing on buying a JETTA, went to a dealer found a 3er with the same price as the jetta, got the 3er, no all my paychecks at work go straight to my car, and my car is the ONLY thing i pay for (gas, insurance, mods)!
Its pretty easy, and anyone whos determined enough can do it!
Its all about savin!

Jon@Bimmersport
07-20-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Boy
OK, I am just wondering how so many of you ppl have SUCH FREAKIN awsome BIMMER's!?!? Most of you guys/girls are young and yet you can afford a bimmer!! Can you guys tell me your age, your car and how much it cost (with all modificatins) and how much you pay for INSURANCE and what you do to pay for this expensive hobby LOL. THanks guys!*smoke*

how old are u?

im 15...saving for an E36 (cant say what, and which) :D

bmwm5lover
07-20-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
Well, heres the story, i'm 19, worked since i was 12 (started as a PAPER ROUTE, but hey, its still work) saved up planing on buying a JETTA, went to a dealer found a 3er with the same price as the jetta, got the 3er, no all my paychecks at work go straight to my car, and my car is the ONLY thing i pay for (gas, insurance, mods)!
Its pretty easy, and anyone whos determined enough can do it!
Its all about savin!
Ditto.

I started working at 12 too, delivering the Mirror and Guardian, then started working at other places, saving money, and then buying Bavarski. All my paychecks go towards my car, but when you are behind the wheel, nothing else matters, and its all worth it

Jim .E.
07-20-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
Ditto.

I started working at 12 too, delivering the Mirror and Guardian, then started working at other places, saving money, and then buying Bavarski. All my paychecks go towards my car, but when you are behind the wheel, nothing else matters, and its all worth it

damn i guess i better get up off of my ass and get a job :D

lol jokes, i have applied places but no call so far, i also have the money coming in slowly from diff sources (roughly $6500) and all of it will be in my hands mid august or early september...whatever money i get from there and what i save up from work will go straight towards a bimmer...but if i get only liability insurance im not getting a bimmer, not worth getting a 7000 car and only liability insurance *no-no*

Soldo
07-20-2003, 05:13 PM
HAHAHA, i did the SUN, beat THAT!
lol, ya i really don't mind it at all and i think the car is the best money i ever spent!

bmwm5lover
07-20-2003, 05:13 PM
thats why u should join the e30 clan!

TiemenT
07-20-2003, 05:29 PM
just work hard, and take a good look around for maybe second hands.. but if you can afford a new one, I prefer that, but just work hard !

UncleJ
07-20-2003, 05:46 PM
I work 42 hours a week.

It's not to hard in the Summer, but once school is back on it gets challenging, but well worth it.

Autotechnica
07-20-2003, 06:05 PM
Saved up for about 3 years and I had enough to buy a '98 328 (not including insurance). But I decided to put some of my money away to savings. Now after I bought my 318 I just blow any and all money I make on the car. :)

I was fortunate enough to have my first job when I was 17 at a computer company which paid $16 per hour.. it was easy work :)

Bry

Jim .E.
07-20-2003, 06:21 PM
Bry what computer company? everyone i try the boss is either a prick or they aren't looking towards hiring people...working in a computer store is easy shit i worked for co-op at Y2K...never gonna work their, the owner has a pickle up his ass

e46it
07-20-2003, 06:26 PM
I work for Dickee Dee as a sales on wheels... since i beat my quota every week by selling the most ice creams i have become the number one sales person in Ontario. As a bonus my boss offered me a Bimmer and Motorcycle...... LOL

My car's

2002 BMW 325i Touring - Euro Edition $49300+Taxes
18" AC Schnitzer Type III rims
AC Schnitzer Front Bumper etc.. etc..

2000 BMW 323 Ci $34000
18" Breyton rims

2002 Suzuki GSXR 1000 $14300
Yoshimora Full Titanium Exhaust

Jim .E.
07-20-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by E46iT
I work for Dickee Dee as a sales on wheels... since i beat my quota every week by selling the most ice creams i have become the number one sales person in Ontario. As a bonus my boss offered me a Bimmer and Motorcycle...... LOL

My car's

2002 BMW 325i Touring - Euro Edition $49300+Taxes
18" AC Schnitzer Type III rims
AC Schnitzer Front Bumper etc.. etc..

2000 BMW 323 Ci $34000
18" Breyton rims

2002 Suzuki GSXR 1000 $14300
Yoshimora Full Titanium Exhaust

:eek: plz tell me your joking!

e46it
07-20-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Jim .E.
:eek: plz tell me your joking!

of course....

app
07-20-2003, 07:39 PM
Working 45 hrs/week in the summer, borrowing some cash from the parents, and falling into a deal at the right place at the right time. :)

BMW BMXer
07-20-2003, 07:46 PM
Im not gonna front. My uncle gave me my car.

Things you should take note:
He lives in Atlanta I had to get it here
It was not in running condition
My mom constantly told me not to get it
It looked like this
http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/362000-362999/362108_2_full.jpg

As everyone else said work. I worked and saved. Dishwashing paid for most of my mods thus far. Thats straight BITCH work. But if your willing to do it good things happen.

sonic07
07-20-2003, 08:43 PM
yup ... worked and saved up for two weeks ... darn is not working out call the bank .... instant bimmer .....lol ....
like i was telling MPRESION this thing is my new money pit and is quite bottomless just like my old harley davidsons .... just keep putting money into it .... just in 2 weeks so far ... new tires $650 (must for safety ride), pedals $230 (must to look half decent), dinan chip $180 (good deal - must .. don't want no limit), next week new momo shifter is order, after market cup holder is on order .... hopefully clear corner package from bmw, spoiler from soldomatic perhaps, then new paint for sexy body, then safe it for next year new set of wheels and tires. the list goes on and on ...... like i said money pit ... take it one piece at the time ....

thinair
07-20-2003, 09:05 PM
Well, I'm 23 I've been working since I was 13 delivering papers, and some other odd jobs. My first real job was when I was 16 at a Shell gas station, pretty much all the money I made at the went toward college and a few pretty expensive bicycles. I then got sponsored and started getting paid to do shows and such, which had me saving up for a car. I'm not going to lie though, my parents did front me a bunch for my car, mostly because I got a deal that I couldn't pass up and at the time I didn't have all the cash for it. Basically now I work construction (not for long though), which pays for my car debt to my parents, and the bike shows take car of my modding bug for my car, and my bikes.

As far as insurance I pay a hair under $5000 a year for a 97 328is, a 92 525i, and a 90 Isuzu Pickiup. Yes, I pay my parents insurance, the money just gets taken off what I owe them.

It doesn't seem like I but i've had my car for only 10.5 months and I've already blown a few grand on it in just mods/maintenence. Ah well, it's beyond worth it.

Basically I'm at the point now where I gotta start saving up for a house though, and no, my car nor my bikes will be sold/parted out to afford the downpayment.*no-no*

Polish
07-20-2003, 09:20 PM
damn, i guess i should start saving up.

lol, no point waiting to win the lotto :(

personally i dont think its worth it for me, im making not alot of money, i have 4101.28 made from working since the new year..now i gave around 1000 to my rents for new tyres and suspension which they will pay back in a year they said..so whatever, i have like 560 in the bank right now, there is no way i can afford a E36 even in a year or somerthing at Wal*MArt..i started working like almost a year ago, and i think i made 3000 from sept to new year..so i guess i aint having my real own bimmer (not rents:D ) until im finishing college or something..i have no idea where the **** this 7000 dollars went too, i did a few jobs, deck/tyres/suspension...but i doubt that gets rid of all 7000 magically disappearing, lol..guess i should stop drinking..ah well, shit happens, wasnt born a millionaire, gotta do it the hard way*drink* *angel*

TiemenT
07-20-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Sith
damn, i guess i should start saving up.

lol, no point waiting to win the lotto :(

personally i dont think its worth it for me, im making not alot of money, i have 4101.28 made from working since the new year..now i gave around 1000 to my rents for new tyres and suspension which they will pay back in a year they said..so whatever, i have like 560 in the bank right now, there is no way i can afford a E36 even in a year or somerthing at Wal*MArt..i started working like almost a year ago, and i think i made 3000 from sept to new year..so i guess i aint having my real own bimmer (not rents:D ) until im finishing college or something..i have no idea where the **** this 7000 dollars went too, i did a few jobs, deck/tyres/suspension...but i doubt that gets rid of all 7000 magically disappearing, lol..guess i should stop drinking..ah well, shit happens, wasnt born a millionaire, gotta do it the hard way*drink* *angel*

sell ya 1993 325i, so you can chose a nice car ... :idea:

e46it
07-20-2003, 10:05 PM
..ah well, shit happens, wasnt born a millionaire, gotta do it the hard way*drink* *angel* [/B]

when yo earn something the hard way you appriciate it more....

Albertae30
07-20-2003, 10:15 PM
i am 19 and i started out with a 1980 244 volvo that was a year ago then i started saving i then bought my 1984 318i for 2800 and it was good for a couple months i then replaced water pump, alternator, fuel pump, radiator, rad hoses, i just rebuilt my engine that was 3,000 also i just replaced my full exhaust with after market muffler and now i am saving for my amp to do my back seat to sub conversion, my new seats in which i am hoping will look pretty sweet, new carpeting, new dash due to mine is cracked, and my body kit from fil and a new paint job which is going to cost me 2500. you know how i am going to pay for this by working my ass off at a call center. All my money goes into my car.

///deni-boy///
07-20-2003, 10:59 PM
i work, but only work on weekends, i could have made a lot more money by getting a different job but i only started working last year and i was too serious with soccer, it took up at least 3 days of the week, plus school and the 2 days i worked, so i couldnt save much up, now that i dont play soccer anymore i can work and save up, but my parents wont let me, they insist i go to europe for a month. So all these stupid factors stop me from making money, also having a life, i spend too much money just on "living" clubs arent cheap, gas for when i drive, my cell phone, etc, things add up. I can sacrifice things so i can save up and buy a car i want but i dont need those kind of expenses at my age (18).

crusher
07-20-2003, 10:59 PM
I work 7 days a week hehe :D

Polish
07-20-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by TiemenT
sell ya 1993 325i, so you can chose a nice car ... :idea:

wish it was that easy, but like most people on this board my age(not all, i know some bought it and pay for everything, but some totally didnt) the car isnt mine, its my parents..so i dont really have a say on what goes and what doesnt, and lately my mom kills it to oakville everyday, the door panel is falling off from the inside, but i dont care anymore, she drives it, im not adding no$ to it..i want to save up for a nice jap car and just make it mine, treat her well.

low_bmw
07-20-2003, 11:08 PM
on my profile read my part time job and one other thing did you watch the movie "catch me if you can" hint,hint.

///deni-boy///
07-20-2003, 11:14 PM
Oh BTW, E46iT, is that your car in your sig?

Polish
07-20-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by low_bmw
on my profile read my part time job and one other thing did you watch the movie "catch me if you can" hint,hint.

i dont get it:huh?:
:D yeah but i doubt the rents would like people coming to my house, or me leaving at 4am to "trade cd's" with a friend

haha, but we all gotta survive eh*th-up*

notjoe
07-20-2003, 11:44 PM
I'm 26 and bought my bimmer about bought a 98 328i about a 1.5 years ago. Put 10k down, financed the car, smacked it up, used insurance $ + some personal to pay off the balance of the lease.

My baby should be back in less than 1 week, i already go my rims refinished.

List of Mods:
Dinan Stage 3 Software
Dinan Cold Air Intake
Dinan High Flow Throttle Body
Fosgate 1000.1 Amp
Kicker L7 12" Solobaric speaker
Indash MP3 Player

Once i get my car back and pay off the guy for fixing it i probably will get the Dinan Free Flow Exhaust put on, and probably the strut bar so that i will have enough points to make it a Dinan 3 :)

Lennon
07-21-2003, 12:28 AM
Well Tommy Boy, I was working full time with a construction company doing a Pipefitting apprentice, found out it wasn't my "passion" in life, but I stuck to it for just a little over 2 years, and thats when I bought my E30, now I sold it a little while back, and now I'm working for Mercedes Benz here in Calgary, its a sweet job for now, I'm just in a line up for a mechanical apprentice, hehe, hey, anyone know any leads or openings that need a mechanic apprentice? But yeah, so I'm basically starting all over again, and just saving my money for my next E30, would like to get a 325IS eventually, but don't worry, you'll get what ya want eventually. We all have to work hard for what we want, sometimes we don't always get it, but your turn will come, don't worry man, ya got your whole life ahead of ya. *th-up*

DbIiRrTdY
07-21-2003, 01:23 AM
notjoe,

where are you getting all the dinan work done to your car?

later

e46it
07-21-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by ///deni-boy///
Oh BTW, E46iT, is that your car in your sig?

thats the touring the actual picture is from AC Schnitzer but the colour and rims and the package is same.

Jim .E.
07-21-2003, 02:00 AM
anyone wanna hook me up with a job :p

i will work 9:00a.m.-5:00p.m. (8 hour shift) Mon-Friday *sad* even though it'll make me dead tired

BTW
im dead serious!

///deni-boy///
07-22-2003, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by E46iT
thats the touring the actual picture is from AC Schnitzer but the colour and rims and the package is same.

When did you do all that stuff to your car, cuz i remember not to long ago you were asking where to buy ACS fronts and rims.

e46it
07-22-2003, 03:46 AM
i ordered the parts about 3 weeks ago and they are in the shop getting painted. it should be installed on the car by Wed.

betmen
07-22-2003, 04:19 AM
im 19, got just over a grand in the bank, saving up for the car, im geting a mk2 golf gti in august, im gona pay as much as i can and the rest is gona be parents (althought they said they wont because i was getig a manual transmition car), ive been working for like 2 years, different jobs, in the recent few years couldnt save it it goes away

its hard to save money if the family shit round you aint good, but i use to do some "not so legal" shit before...and it is a good way to get lots of money fast

bottom line, to get money gota work your ass off and make sacrifices

MatyBMW
07-23-2003, 12:22 PM
We can't forget the people who had their cars bought out right by their parents.

Come on, you know who you are :)

Speak up, tell us how good it is ...

Skimeister
07-23-2003, 01:22 PM
I bought my BMW at 21 ( I'm 23 now) , I had to sell my beloved motorcycle, (it just wasn;t practical) in order to get the car. Affording it is not as expencive as everyione thinks (allthough it's nice that everyone thinks that), basic car maintenance is a tad more than any other car, and if the car is maintained it;s so reliable that it is probably cheaper on parts than GM. Unliess you constantly modding it (like most people here) BMW not that pricey. It took me 2 years to find that equilibrium between affording university and affording a BMW...the solution = STUDENT LINE OF CREDIT... thank you TD Bank, (they'll be nocking on my door next year when I graduate).

djcontra
07-23-2003, 02:02 PM
i dont get it:huh?:
:D yeah but i doubt the rents would like people coming to my house, or me leaving at 4am to "trade cd's" with a friend

haha, but we all gotta survive eh*th-up*

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=187068

Hey man! You need permission to post my pics! :mad:
I guess I dont have to explain how I paid for my bimmer :D

(Honestly though, i worked to buy my cars....really!!)

Tommy Boy
07-23-2003, 05:11 PM
HAHA I wish i had the balls to get money by doing illegal shit...but my balls arent that big lol, thanks for all you input buys

Tommy Boy
07-23-2003, 05:12 PM
HAHA I wish i had the balls to get money by doing illegal shit...but my balls arent that big, thanks for all your input guys

djcontra
07-23-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Boy
HAHA I wish i had the balls to get money by doing illegal shit...but my balls arent that big, thanks for all your input guys

I assure you, we all legally* paid for our bimmers through hard work and saving money.

*if you consider spamming legal
**this might not apply to all of us

djcontra
07-23-2003, 05:53 PM
I am not saying it is, I was just trying to imply a little dry humour :)

TiemenT
07-23-2003, 08:27 PM
whahahah (i think):confused:

Jim .E.
07-23-2003, 08:29 PM
well i applyed at an Agency and they already called me back and i should start work on friday or monday...the pay is $11.49 an hour :)

SpudBoy
07-23-2003, 10:25 PM
I saved till I was 37... 15 years of savings/hard work.

low_bmw
07-23-2003, 10:34 PM
Finished school at 17 never went back. Worked and pulled a couple of little scams and at the age of 19, paid CASH for my car. NO HELP FROM PARENTS, NO LOANS.

Jim .E.
07-24-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by low_bmw
Finished school at 17 never went back. Worked and pulled a couple of little scams and at the age of 19, paid CASH for my car. NO HELP FROM PARENTS, NO LOANS.

you a highschool dropout?

low_bmw
07-24-2003, 03:36 AM
no i'm not a highschool dropout. I just finished early.

low_bmw
07-24-2003, 03:37 AM
finished highschool and said **** college or university. WASTE OF MONEY

SickFinga
07-24-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by notjoe
fawking spammer :P

cough, when was the last time you checked your licence plate?

slemmer
07-24-2003, 11:35 AM
Lots of loans and leverage buys.

Jim .E.
07-24-2003, 03:16 PM
yeah right...lol if i took your approach my mom would beat me with a broom :D

dropped_E30
07-24-2003, 04:38 PM
all ya gotta do is work hard, make a few sacrifices, and always look for good opportunities to make $$$
i been workin pretty hard for 2 years at loblaws, plus i had a warehouse job for a while so that helped out, and also i'm gettin a new job pretty soon in a couple weeks *th-up*

djcontra
07-24-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by dropped_E30
all ya gotta do is work hard, make a few sacrifices

I hear ya. I am taking the TTC every day now just to save money to install my supercharger. I only drive once a week now, and I've been doing that since last october. Even though it doesn't seem like a lot of money, it sure adds up!!

Nascar318is
07-25-2003, 03:51 AM
Well I guess I was lucky. I was looking at a 94 Bmw (4 years ago) and just fell in love with them. I had to come up with some quick cash to buy one. Wanted to pay it cash, no since in buying a car on a loan when you store it in the winter. My $0.02. Any how, 3 of my buddy's and I scored a job last November with Public Works(Government) witch pays a little over $30 an hour. Well march came around and no money(All gone) and then at the end of march I got my pay $6200. Saved that then april came around saved that pay and May bought my Bimmer cash. Mind you it's only a 94 I could have gotten newer but cash and insurence would not permit. So end of may rolls around, contract ends, no more job and I've been un-employed since. So no mods, no fawk all done to my car. Can't afford it. With that job my buddies bought (Cash) a 97 Blazer, an 89 Supra Turbo (Now he has 2) and a 2003 Honda Civic. It was being in the right place at the right time for me. I used to be a waiter since I was 18 and a bus boy from 15-18 as a waiter it was roughly 16 an hour and all I did was drink my money away.....As for insurance I pay $1100 a year both sides, droping down to 1 side for winter storage and the toyota I pay $330 a year 1 side. I'm 25 clean as a whistle record and that's the cheapest I could find.

crusher
07-25-2003, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by djcontra
I hear ya. I am taking the TTC every day now just to save money to install my supercharger. I only drive once a week now, and I've been doing that since last october. Even though it doesn't seem like a lot of money, it sure adds up!!

Hey man! thanks for the idea... how do you deal with the daily car startup or do you even start it up and run it for like 30 minutes ? I think if i start taking ttc again and drive onces a week i will save up tons for sure heheh.

Jeff

djcontra
07-25-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by crusher
Hey man! thanks for the idea... how do you deal with the daily car startup or do you even start it up and run it for like 30 minutes ? I think if i start taking ttc again and drive onces a week i will save up tons for sure heheh.

Jeff

I maybe turn on my car twice a week if that. I dont think it hurts the car too much, but if I let it sit for let's say a month, things MIGHT dry up in the engine or something.
To give you an idea of how much money I'm saving, I only fill up my car once every 2 weeks. Guess how nice that is :)

Mr seville
07-25-2003, 06:31 PM
i'm in the process of saving :D i had a job delivering papers for forever and a day and then i just got lazy. it was good for 240 every 2 weeks. a dollar a house work it out. so now i'm trying to get a job at crappy tire...went for the interview yesterday. i also invest like mad in the stock market*th-up*

Kurt Schneller
07-27-2003, 04:38 PM
Atleast most of You are in the fortunate position not to be living in a 3rd world, 52 hours a week, maybe in a few months I can get rims.

Enjoy ;)

SpudBoy
07-27-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Kurt Schneller
Atleast most of You are in the fortunate position not to be living in a 3rd world, 52 hours a week, maybe in a few months I can get rims.

Enjoy ;)

52 hours a week! I could use the time off*mumble* For the last 4 weeks I've been averaging about 63 hours a week.*sad*

LukeE30IX
07-28-2003, 06:24 AM
E30 is the best