PDA

View Full Version : So you got $20,000. What BMW is it?


BMW_7
07-19-2003, 09:20 PM
Just wanna see what the results will be.

Please consider everything: Gas, insurance, repairs. how easy it would be to find one in good condition, etc.

Jon@Bimmersport
07-19-2003, 09:34 PM
E36 325is

Gamite
07-19-2003, 10:40 PM
if I could find the M cars in good condit, then I'd go with one of those, otherwise, an E36 with some nice mods.

bmwm5lover
07-19-2003, 10:43 PM
M5.

Jon@Bimmersport
07-19-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Gamite
if I could find the M cars in good condit, then I'd go with one of those, otherwise, an E36 with some nice mods.

i agree...but must be E30,E34, E36 otherwise its a no go....20000, including insurance, maintance and gas wont work


if i had 20g to spend on a car without those factors it'd be like E30 M3

BMW_7
07-19-2003, 11:08 PM
It is a very very difficult decision. For example, if I needed a big car, I'd get the E38 740i. If I needed a midsize, I'd get a E34 540i and if I needed a sports car, a E30 M3.

bmwm5lover
07-19-2003, 11:47 PM
its very hard to find an e34 M5 for 20 000. Maybe an e28.

BMW_7
07-19-2003, 11:50 PM
Actually it's very easy

Year: 1991
Make: BMW
Model: M5
Model Detail: SEDAN
Price: $16,500
Mileage: 180,000 km
Date: 7/19/03
Ad Type: Private
Comment: White ext., black leather, comes with winter tires on M5 rims. Mint inside & out, never abused, never wrecked. Have service records. 178,000 km. Must sell. $16,500 b.o. Ask for Elio (416)533-0276, (416)230-7102 aft. 6pm. (CGHRDT)

bmwm5lover
07-19-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by BMW_7
Actually it's very easy

Year: 1991
Make: BMW
Model: M5
Model Detail: SEDAN
Price: $16,500
Mileage: 180,000 km
Date: 7/19/03
Ad Type: Private
Comment: White ext., black leather, comes with winter tires on M5 rims. Mint inside & out, never abused, never wrecked. Have service records. 178,000 km. Must sell. $16,500 b.o. Ask for Elio (416)533-0276, (416)230-7102 aft. 6pm. (CGHRDT)
and u call that a decent M5? Dont believe everything you read. Thast what they all say until you go look at the car. u ask them Q's, they always say "its good" but when you go look at the car, and u find the faults they said were "good", they say, " o i knew about that, forgot to tell you.."

Polish
07-20-2003, 01:43 AM
id take a Z3 cause i love em

Lennon
07-20-2003, 01:53 AM
I voted for an E30 M3, its preference for myself, I mean, they are nice and light, availible in a 4 or 6 cylinder, and FUN to drive, but a lot are fun to drive, after some research I'm sure you'll find the one that will suit you the most, just make sure you do some good extensive research, find some sites where you can get parts at a better price, what years were the best for each model, and what frequent problems occur in them, don't worry 'bout it man, you'll find what you want, just don't rush it, and don't give in to pushy salesmen, just be confident in what you want, and you'll have no problems, best of luck. *th-up*

- Lennon

bmwm5lover
07-20-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Lennon
I voted for an E30 M3, its preference for myself, I mean, they are nice and light, availible in a 4 or 6 cylinder, and FUN to drive, but a lot are fun to drive, after some research I'm sure you'll find the one that will suit you the most, just make sure you do some good extensive research, find some sites where you can get parts at a better price, what years were the best for each model, and what frequent problems occur in them, don't worry 'bout it man, you'll find what you want, just don't rush it, and don't give in to pushy salesmen, just be confident in what you want, and you'll have no problems, best of luck. *th-up*

- Lennon
i dont think he is looking for a car. i think he is just trying to see what our preferences are...

Lennon
07-20-2003, 01:55 AM
Then please ignore me, I'm a dumbass *shiner*

///Milk
07-20-2003, 03:13 AM
hm...how long would we have to stay with insurance!?
did you think of that question?!!
cuz you said we only have 20k!
and how many miles would we travel?!
i like to question questions now...cuz im bored :)

EDIT:I'd like to add....i chose E30 M3 :)

Lennon
07-20-2003, 03:49 AM
Or cause your a post whore.................

Sylak
07-20-2003, 04:47 AM
you forgot

E30 325i/Is + mod. with 20 000 i'll keep my 325i, rebuilt the M20 and boost it, or maybe drop a M50 in it with mod. E30 M3 are nice... But it's a 4banger, and i prefer by far L6 engine. for a smooth ride, torque and sound, it's heavier yes.. but a E30 still light compare to E36 and E46! and that what a love e30, E36 are too big.