PDA

View Full Version : Airbag Light ON!!! and won't go off

BMWF1
07-19-2003, 06:12 PM
Hey guys, just a few days ago as I was drivin the airbag light came on, i started scratchin my head thinkin what the hell?? the airbags didn't pop out or anything. I shut off the engine waited a bit and turned it back on, still same problem, it goes off for about 2 seconds when i turn it on and comes right back. I have a Peake reset tool, and have tried to reset it with no success, anyone have this problem, its a 318is E36....HELP

notjoe
07-22-2003, 06:57 PM
Probably an airbag sensor

TiemenT
07-22-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by notjoe
Probably an airbag sensor

no really.. :eek: , I've had the same problem with my old car, I let it fixed in the garage..

BMWF1
07-23-2003, 01:34 AM
ok, so its the sensor, How do I go about fixing this problem.

I let it fixed in the garage ??

What do you mean? can you give a little more detail on how this was fixed?

Furious
07-23-2003, 01:50 AM
im betting its the seatbelt sensor.

BMWF1
07-23-2003, 04:17 AM
I never wear the belts, so how would it go off, do u suggest i take that apart and see if The wires are not connecting??

AndreNY
07-23-2003, 12:08 PM
it could be the sensoron the seatbelt, but it could probably be taken off if you put the bmw computer on, either-way if you put the computer it will tell you exactly what the problem is so you can go from there. if the car was never hit than its a sensor for sure

Euro_E30
07-23-2003, 12:16 PM
it's probably your passnger seat occupancy sensor...its a sensor that senses that there is someone is sitting in the passenger seat so that in an accident the passenger side air bag will go off as well as the drivers side....im pretty sure thats what that is*th-up*

BMWF1
07-24-2003, 03:30 AM
The car was never hit, or anything....however i don't know what you mean if there is a passanger it will go off?? what are u saying that if i'm alone it will be on? Please explain this a bit as i didn't quite get it. so How would i go about fixing the passanger seat sensor....???.....also the bmw computer i have, is only a reset tool. It reset the oil/inspection and those lights, it only does the codes for engine problems not others....*sad* ....so i still need help

Euro_E30
07-24-2003, 11:50 AM
ok..there is a sensor mat in your passenger seat it's in the cushion if it senses that someone is sitting there , in an accident it will open the passenger side airbag if it senses no one is sitting there it wont open...at the dealer we changed a number of these so thats y i pointed this out also it can be your seat belt buckle it self ..take it to the dealer and let them scan it..

BMWF1
08-03-2003, 05:34 PM
Damn its to bad your not in windsor because if you worked at the dealer it would make it so much easier.

Thanks for the info.