PDA

View Full Version : How often do you exceed 200km/h?

Pages : [1] 2

M3ti Compact
07-18-2003, 03:24 AM
This was a question asked on GTAmotorcycle.com. Pretty interesting results.

What about you? Car or bike.

Soldo
07-18-2003, 03:37 AM
I wonder how many people will post HONESTLY and not to show off!!
I've done it a FEW times, but usually try to stay under 170 for LISCENCE reasons, i'd SHIT MYSELF if i got caught doing 200!!

SickFinga
07-18-2003, 03:41 AM
i do it sometimes, most of the times when i follow bikes.
170 or 200, it doesn;t matter alrady.
anything after 160 is ownage if you get caught.

Soldo
07-18-2003, 03:43 AM
ya i know, but think about it, if you were a cop, and a kid is doing 170, i think you MIGHT take it a LITTLE easier on him then if he was doing OVER 200!!
he might knock it down to a lil suspension as opposed to ultimate OWNAGE!

nzer
07-18-2003, 03:53 AM
its scary going that fast

Soldo
07-18-2003, 03:59 AM
its only SCARY knowing that a cop might be 300 yards ahead of you with a radar gun pointed your way going "HOLY F&$* 240km/h!!!"

BlackTape
07-18-2003, 04:20 AM
what is 200km in miles??
my friend was arrested going 140mph in his turbo civic

SeRb
07-18-2003, 04:27 AM
i find it hard to believe that 4 ppl so far occasionaly go over 200km/h. . .

you guys are just pure ****ing idiots. . .

you need to write "retard" on ur tombstone

Polish
07-18-2003, 04:34 AM
done it twice, never again..unless its in the gumball:D *th-up*

Polish
07-18-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
I've done it a FEW times, but usually try to stay under 170 for LISCENCE reasons, i'd SHIT MYSELF if i got caught doing 200!!

if you or anyone ever got caught like that, honestly sell your car, melt your set of keys, and tattoo "im ****ed forever" on the front of your forehead...like can you say public transit for life

Soldo
07-18-2003, 04:41 AM
oh i know!!
and like i said i think some people are just tryin to impress by voting all the time!!

SickFinga
07-18-2003, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by SeRb
i find it hard to believe that 4 ppl so far occasionaly go over 200km/h. . .

you guys are just pure ****ing idiots. . .

you need to write "retard" on ur tombstone

why is it so hard to believe?

R_JAY
07-18-2003, 05:05 AM
I did 190 once trying to keep up to a 99ish Maxima. Then I blew the water pump and fan clutch. All the people that I flew by during the race passed me and made sure to roll the window down and laugh so needless to say I don't do it much anymore. My friend got caught for doing 200 on the 401 and lost his license for about a year.

Alezone
07-18-2003, 05:41 AM
it totally depends on what you're driving and the road condition... everytime I go on 407 when the weather is good, i just can't hold my feet...

when I'm driving my truck, I'd just chill no matter when and where I am... the car haven't seen the 150 mark yet.

edited: but I only did it a couple times, just when the road was extremely clear (like no other cars at all) and hot... not fly by other cars like a maniac...

///Milk
07-18-2003, 06:34 AM
i've never gone faster then about 20 MPH
....cuz i ride a bike :D
But 90 MPH is the fastest i've gone being a passenger
my dad was going crazy in the mini-van that day..heheh

MTECH3
07-18-2003, 07:25 AM
i tried going 210km where the electronic speed limiter kicked in couple of times on 407 before but scared to do it now after getting my first speeding ticket going 84 at a 50 zone ... it actually doesn't feel that fast in a bimmer ... it still feel very stable and secure

Acidblast
07-18-2003, 12:26 PM
i did 240 km/h once in my bro's m3. man i was so scared driving that fast. its crazy you zipping by all the other cars, but one wrong bump and your history.

MiniMan7
07-18-2003, 01:01 PM
One time I was with my brother coming home from Waterloo in my Mini. And he told me that there is never usually cops around this area, so I decided to push it and see how fast I could get my baby up to, keep in mind, it was a long stretch of highway road. I got it up to about 205km/h, then I slowed down immediatly.

It's very true, its scary going those kinda speeds. One wrong move and you're toast.

My brother has gone 220km/h a couple of times in his '01 Golf GTI VR6. He's a bit nuts if you ask me, haha. :huh?:

-Adam *uzi* *shiner*

Autotechnica
07-18-2003, 01:14 PM
My car can go up to almost 230km/h stock. But why isn't there an option for "It's irresponsible so I don't want to?" My friend's done it in his '94 318 and I did it years ago when I was a stupid punk kid in my '92 318. Never tried it in my '94 318, don't want to either unless I was testing statbility issues or aerodynamics. Other than that, I don't see the point.

Bryan

djcontra
07-18-2003, 01:17 PM
Gone way past 200km/h several times up north, but never above 180km/h on a regular basis. It's just too scary in the city.

EMPOWERD
07-18-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Autotechnica
My car can go up to almost 230km/h stock.

Bryan

You're so full of SHIT! HaHa, man you kill me! a stock M42 318is will never hit 230km/h unless it was being pushed my an M3 downhill, downwind. I've driven them so many times and had a hard enough time passing the 200km/h mark. GET REAL BRYAN! -- i'll put money on it if you want to start something.

ME:

depends on my transportation.... right now --- never (car max's @140km/h)

when i had my Turbo Honda Civic... literally every day on the way to work (nice open stretch)

when i get on my bike.... every single time, guaranteed. It's hard not to since I can hit 200km/h in SECOND GEAR!

Autotechnica
07-18-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by empowerd
You're so full of SHIT! HaHa, man you kill me! a stock M42 318is will never hit 230km/h unless it was being pushed my an M3 downhill, downwind. I've driven them so many times and had a hard enough time passing the 200km/h mark. GET REAL BRYAN! -- i'll put money on it if you want to start something.

ME:

depends on my transportation.... right now --- never (car max's @140km/h)

when i had my Turbo Honda Civic... literally every day on the way to work (nice open stretch)

when i get on my bike.... every single time, guaranteed. It's hard not to since I can hit 200km/h in SECOND GEAR!

Really? Well then maybe it was the wheels that were making the speedo lie. I have pictures of my friend's car hitting 230 on his speedo, and I've hit 220 on the highway in my own '92 318. They were both using stock wheels and stock suspension. I don't BS, I'm just telling you what I witnessed.

It's not that difficult to get them to pass 200, at around 180 it starts to pick up speed very slowly, but it does nonetheless.

And I won't put money on it, because with my current setup I can barely pass 190, but like I said, I could careless really.

EMPOWERD
07-18-2003, 02:04 PM
Really? Well then maybe it was the wheels that were making the speedo lie. I have pictures of my friend's car hitting 230 on his speedo, and I've hit 220 on the highway in my own '92 318. They were both using stock wheels and stock suspension. I don't BS, I'm just telling you what I witnessed.

It's not that difficult to get them to pass 200, at around 180 it starts to pick up speed very slowly, but it does nonetheless.

And I won't put money on it, because with my current setup I can barely pass 190, but like I said, I could careless really.

Here you go Bry... take a good look. You'll notice that a 3400lb car needs at least 190HP (not 136) to get over 215km/h. Speed and power get exponential as the need increases...

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/7357/mge36.html

Autotechnica
07-18-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by empowerd
Here you go Bry... take a good look. You'll notice that a 3400lb car needs at least 190HP (not 136) to get over 215km/h. Speed and power get exponential as the need increases...

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/7357/mge36.html

Actually, my car is 2800lbs, not 3400, it's an E36, not an E34. But anyways, I guess the speedo lies doesn't it? I'm just telling you that's what the speedo read, whether or not it was the actual speed is a different story.

According to the website, my top speed is 213, it's not too hard to believe I hit 220 is it? It was restricted by drag for sure because I was only at around 5000 some RPM's when I hit 220.

Bry

djcontra
07-18-2003, 02:13 PM
The speedo is so inaccurate at high speeds. I guess the only way to know how fast you're really going is with a radar/laser gun, or a Gtech.

Autotechnica
07-18-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by djcontra
The speedo is so inaccurate at high speeds. I guess the only way to know how fast you're really going is with a radar/laser gun, or a Gtech.

Well I have a GPS that is quite accurate. Maybe one day I'll test this out.

Bry

djcontra
07-18-2003, 02:17 PM
GPS is also good. My father actually uses GPS in his truck since the speedo. doesn't work :D

Autotechnica
07-18-2003, 02:20 PM
GPS is also good. My father actually uses GPS in his truck since the speedo. doesn't work :D

I noticed it seemed to match up with my speedo quite well at lower speeds (under 120km/h), but since I rarely speed on the highway, I have no idea how reliable it is after that speed. It would be interesting to know if it wasn't so dangerous. I'm a pussy :P Anyone with a 318 want to try this out? :)

Bry

Mikester
07-18-2003, 02:25 PM
everytime i get the chance i go the fastest i can (above 200)
but dont get me wrong, im not a crazy driver.. as a matter of fact im careful and aware
if theres some traffic, i wont go fast
otherwise, you better not walk on the highway!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SeRb
07-18-2003, 04:38 PM
the guy in "Getaway in Stockholm 2" maxes his car to like 320. . .

why dont u idiots try that

SickFinga
07-18-2003, 04:52 PM
the guy in "Getaway in Stockholm 2" maxes his car to like 320. . .

why dont u idiots try that

the only idiot here is you if you believe that

Autotechnica
07-18-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by SickFinga

I think he was just making a point, that speeding that fast on a public road with other car's and pedestrians is stupid, which I agree with completely.

First ticket I got in 3 years and it was for going 15 over on hwy 7. 85km/h on a 70 zone.

Bryan

Bavaria
07-18-2003, 04:55 PM
Went 230 in my 735iL and who ever call me on Bull shit can lick my balls, if i had more distance i would have done more, and with the guys with me so yea, more weight, im not crazy, i just get bored a lot! :)

sonic07
07-18-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by ACS3
i tried going 210km where the electronic speed limiter kicked in couple of times on 407 before but scared to do it now after getting my first speeding ticket going 84 at a 50 zone ... it actually doesn't feel that fast in a bimmer ... it still feel very stable and secure

yes that's the beuty of the high performance car i had the 97-328is at 215km and feels like at 110km/hr on north american car.

maxima at 200 feels like around 140

honda at 195 .... hold on the steering wheel very tight and don't even blink an eye ... you can feel the car is very light.

subaru outback sedan at 200 feels like 100 plenty of room to go and great traction to maneuver ( all wheel drive ) and stop in less than a dime ( dual pistons x-cross system )

now adays don't even think to do it. there are too many cars everywhere. the none experience driver endangering other people. without the right car .... endangering your self too...
insurance is too high, ppl hate speeder because speed limit here is only 100 on hi-way. unlike in germany autoban you better move your ass fast or get the hell out. i guess the best way to do it would be on the track. the occational 200 .... hmmm when the hi way really empty with the right car ..... hmmm give some more thoughts.

SickFinga
07-18-2003, 05:11 PM
I think he was just making a point, that speeding that fast on a public road with other car's and pedestrians is stupid, which I agree with completely.

First ticket I got in 3 years and it was for going 15 over on hwy 7. 85km/h on a 70 zone.

Bryan

Bryan, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease
Do you remember WASAGA?

there is no pedestrians on the highways, if someone does 200 on public roads, he must be the biggest moron.

Autotechnica
07-18-2003, 05:18 PM
Bryan, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease
Do you remember WASAGA?

there is no pedestrians on the highways, if someone does 200 on public roads, he must be the biggest moron.

What? During Wasaga cruise when you, me, Julian and Jeff were cruising home we were hardly even speeding, we were going like 10-20km over at the most. It was Nick who took off on us after he saw those bikes pop some wheelies :)

Anyways, during most Max highway cruises if I don't speed up I'll get lost and loose all of you, one of the reasons I'm scared of the Max highway cruises. It's more fun in small groups as you can keep the speed under control as well.

Bryan

SickFinga
07-18-2003, 05:22 PM
Bryan, ok. We will ask Julain about that

Autotechnica
07-18-2003, 05:28 PM
Bryan, ok. We will ask Julain about that

Haha, don't feel bad just because you got left behind :P

Bry

Jon@Bimmersport
07-18-2003, 05:37 PM
bryan...after 180 a 318i is slow? after i hit 2nd gear in ur car my foot was hugging the floor and it was slower than a civic..STOCK! my cousins stock auto LX civic with 17s has more pickup than ur car man

Autotechnica
07-18-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
bryan...after 180 a 318i is slow? after i hit 2nd gear in ur car my foot was hugging the floor and it was slower than a civic..STOCK! my cousins stock auto LX civic with 17s has more pickup than ur car man

No offense but you couldn't drive a 5 speed if your life depended on it.

Want to know why there is no power at 2nd gear? Maybe because when you shifted you kept the clutch depressed with your foot on the throttle for like 5 seconds before you shifted, I could hear you redlining it in neutral off gear when you were driving. When you depress the clutch, redlining it doesn't spin the flywheel, your actually slowing the flywheel down, thus when you shift, no power. Your just stalling the car. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to embarass you, but now that you bring it up, you can't drive man.

Bry

SeRb
07-18-2003, 05:54 PM

well i saw the speedometer go over 300. . .
so i dunno maybe i was hallucinating. . .

did anyone hear about those guys that were going 140 on rathburn. . .

im just wondering,
you might want to think of that the next time u speed

getting launched through your windshield into a tree and dying in the hospital cant be that fun. . .

or colliding with other objects in ur car and being killed instantly cant be that fun either

KIRASIR
07-18-2003, 05:56 PM
Where is the BS flag when you need it.

SL

SickFinga
07-18-2003, 06:01 PM
Jon, i drove Kirasir;s car and I drove 2002 Civic SI, both 5 spd.
you can't even compare, civic is slow like shit and seats are the most uncomfortable ever.

jeremy
07-18-2003, 06:01 PM
i've taken it pass 200kmh a few times....but on lonely stretches of highway if possible.......i hate people racing through traffic !!! it's just to dangerous....anyways, the last time i got pulled over on the 401 just before kennedy doing over 200kmh (racing a civic,dumb i know)... luckily the cop was an awesome guy and i didnt bullshit him, so he dropped the ticket to 30 over ! since then i am alittle paro of the cops....

TiemenT
07-18-2003, 06:13 PM
Occasionally, but it depens how much traffic is ahead of me...*wiggle*

Jon@Bimmersport
07-18-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by KIRASIR
Where is the BS flag when you need it.

SL

no offense..but it did feel like had more..like "go"

bryans car felt liek bogged down...

brian..redlining at neutral? maybe for like the first 10min, cuz i was getting used to your clutch which i wasnt used to..since it takes like 5min to come back up!

ask randy, he has been with me in his egg, and my bros car..and its only YOUR car which i cant drive because..its ****ED UP...

Autotechnica
07-18-2003, 06:33 PM
no offense..but it did feel like had more..like "go"

bryans car felt liek bogged down...

brian..redlining at neutral? maybe for like the first 10min, cuz i was getting used to your clutch which i wasnt used to..since it takes like 5min to come back up!

ask randy, he has been with me in his egg, and my bros car..and its only YOUR car which i cant drive because..its ****ED UP...

I think it's more like the "driver" is ****ed up. I wonder why I can make it smooth and when you shift it bogs, it must be the car.. :rolleyes: well whatever makes you feel better. How the heck is it that the clutch takes 5 min to come back up. It's extremely quick, maybe you still had part of your foot on it? I'm serious, if your willing, I don't mind taking you for a spin sometime and showing you how your suppose to drive a car. If it felt slower than a civic w/ a lawnmower engine then it must be the driver, not the car.

Ask anyone who has sat in my car. It never bogs unless you shift too soon or you have bad clutching skills. And the car doesn't lag when your revs are up there, so you must have let the revs drop too much when you shifted. Keed in mind 318's have 22lbs flywheels. I think you driving an M3 there is less chance of making it bog, since the power compensates for your lack of driving skill.

Bry

Autotechnica
07-18-2003, 06:43 PM
ummm anyways, now back on topic *th-up*

BMW_7
07-18-2003, 06:49 PM
Hahahaha... lol it's too funny! Jon you can't shift man!

Jon@Bimmersport
07-18-2003, 07:31 PM
bryan...ill take U for a ride in my bro's...and ill show u how different it is..for some reason ur clutch pedal WAS stiff on its way up, but on its way down it was light as a feather. i drove jattdee328's car as well and u supposedly had the stock clutch from what u told me, and i think jattdee328 did as well and it felt so different.

as much of a bimmer a 318 is..i dont like them for their power, slowered318's car has a complete rebuild with an all motor set up, and he showed me 318 power and i still prefer my bro's car over his, for speed only lol...

Soldo
07-18-2003, 07:33 PM
Cars only bogg due to driver error!

Jon@Bimmersport
07-18-2003, 07:36 PM
it didnt like bog...it was accelerating smoothly as i could see from the speedo..but there was no like, torque feeling!

why would i bog bryans car and not my bros, randys egg, or jattdee328's car at all? that doesnt make sense

djcontra
07-18-2003, 07:38 PM
it did like bog...it was accelerating smoothly as i could see from the speedo..but there was no like, torque feeling!

why would i bog bryans car and not my bros, randys egg, or jattdee328's car at all? that doesnt make sense

because you misshifted....just accept that...you did...we all know it :)

Jon@Bimmersport
07-18-2003, 07:40 PM
because you misshifted....just accept that...you did...we all know it :)

ok, going into 2nd is STRAIGHT down...how could ANYONE misshift? whenever i shift i dont slam it unless when i raced euro e30..otherwise it went STRAIGHT IN cuz i went to 3rd and 4th, and of course i didnt rev match so it didnt jerk.

bmwm5lover has been in my bros car with me..and i didnt bog it...it was brians clutch i was not used to at first, but after how can i bog it in first too?

maybe i used bog wrong..since i dont even know wat u guys mean by bog..the revs were climbing steadly, so was speed..but it felt as if i was gliding, theres NO TORQUE OR POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

djcontra
07-18-2003, 07:43 PM
ok, going into 2nd is STRAIGHT down...how could ANYONE misshift? whenever i shift i dont slam it unless when i raced euro e30..otherwise it went STRAIGHT IN cuz i went to 3rd and 4th, and of course i didnt rev match so it didnt jerk.

bmwm5lover has been in my bros car with me..and i didnt bog it...it was brians clutch i was not used to at first, but after how can i bog it in first too?

Oh ok, I see now.
Starting in 3rd and then dropping to 4th will do that. Remember you have to somewhat force it over to the left for 1st and 2nd :)

(dude, I'm just pushing your buttons, I'm only kidding around :D)

328power
07-18-2003, 07:50 PM
When i had my Grandprix GTP i did it a couple times past 200km but dont know exactly since the HUD would just flash 200 km but you would still be going faster.

With my bimmer only twice .. Once comin home from up north and limited my car at 220 something km.

Then one time i was just being an idiot trying to keep up with a Z06 ....*drink*

Autotechnica
07-18-2003, 07:52 PM
bryan...ill take U for a ride in my bro's...and ill show u how different it is..for some reason ur clutch pedal WAS stiff on its way up, but on its way down it was light as a feather. i drove jattdee328's car as well and u supposedly had the stock clutch from what u told me, and i think jattdee328 did as well and it felt so different.

as much of a bimmer a 318 is..i dont like them for their power, slowered318's car has a complete rebuild with an all motor set up, and he showed me 318 power and i still prefer my bro's car over his, for speed only lol...

Jon, I know 318 isn't the quickest. But I'm happy with it. However, I still think you weren't driving it correctly. I mean, there's no shame in saying your not fully experienced. Even when I was 17 it took me a while to drive a manual good. My 1/4 mile times sucked ass until I learned to shift properly and more quickly.

And yes, if you don't clutch in and out properly and synconize you can even bog 1st gear. It was also hot as hell that day so I know what you mean when it lagged. Ask Ryan, he also said on that day his car felt like ass, on a cooler day the car has way more torque.

Bry

Jon@Bimmersport
07-18-2003, 07:56 PM
Jon, I know 318 isn't the quickest. But I'm happy with it. However, I still think you weren't driving it correctly. I mean, there's no shame in saying your not fully experienced. Even when I was 17 it took me a while to drive a manual good. My 1/4 mile times sucked ass until I learned to shift properly and more quickly.

And yes, if you don't clutch in and out properly and synconize you can even bog 1st gear. It was also hot as hell that day so I know what you mean when it lagged. Ask Ryan, he also said on that day his car felt like ass, on a cooler day the car has way more torque.

Bry

maybe..and i know i suck...i never said i am mario andretti here..

1st gear was OK..it was 2nd, and the rest of the gears that sucks...give me another try at night or something when its cooler

Autotechnica
07-18-2003, 07:59 PM
maybe..and i know i suck...i never said i am mario andretti here..

1st gear was OK..it was 2nd, and the rest of the gears that sucks...give me another try at night or something when its cooler

Maybe, but next time I'll make sure I'm in the car ;)

Jon@Bimmersport
07-18-2003, 08:01 PM
Maybe, but next time I'll make sure I'm in the car ;)

good...kenny kept begging me to let him try it...

KennyTheGreat
07-18-2003, 08:27 PM
good...kenny kept begging me to let him try it...

NO I DIDN'T

alexm520
07-19-2003, 03:06 AM
Guys,

For a price of a nice speeding ticket ..... doing somewhere under 150km/hr in Ontario you can actually attend a BMW School or some kind of Open Lapping day event [only AFTER taking some school] at MOSPORT (big) race track ... and hit end of back straight at 170km/hr - 200km/hr many times in one day (depending on your car setup and how you take famous Corner 5A/B/C before the back straight.)

Going 200km/hr on a 400 Series highway is nuts.
Now, stretching your car on an empty / straight Ontario backroads...occasionally, that's different. But if you are caught by police, kiss your ass goodbye.

AlexM520

nzer
07-19-2003, 03:45 AM
I've driven an m42 powered e30 318 and it doesn't feel slower than a civic. The e36 318i that i tested however felt pretty damn torque-less, but still enough to go OK.

For the record my auto 318i e30 gets no where near 200, it stops at 180. The 320i which is pretty modified does 200 OK but i'm not to keen to ever go that quick again.

thinair
07-19-2003, 12:52 PM
I've hit my governer (206km/h) on my car an my mom's car dozen's of times, but only on Hwy 400 north of Hwy 88, and at like 2-5am when traffic is practically non-existant. I used to actually do it on a daily bases when I worked in barrie with my mom's car. Hwy 400 between Hwy 88 and Alcona Beach Road has quite a few bridgeless straights where cops can't hide, and there is lots of visibility. There is actually an off-ramp I sometimes launch out of to see how fast I can hit 200 (0-200km/h 58 seconds in my mom's car, seconds 29 in mine, but I haven't tried in a while).

I'd never run my car at 200 on any backroad though, I'll stick to my empty 400-series highways...wider pavement.

Both my car and my mom's car seem super stable at 200+, I could set the cruise and sit back if I there weren't any bridges or other cars coming up.

By the way, I never do this unless the highway it totally empty, like no one, hitting 200 from 120km/h only takes a few seconds anyway.

bmwm5lover
07-19-2003, 01:47 PM
the most ive done was 170, and after that, my ball meter stopped working. I just chickened out at 170. could have at least done 50 k's more easy. the car was picking up speed VERY well. I was actually surprised...

sonic07
07-19-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by thinair
I've hit my governer (206km/h) on my car an my mom's car dozen's of times.

what's your mom's car ?

thinair
07-19-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by sonic07
what's your mom's car ?

92 525iA

MP328
07-19-2003, 04:19 PM

did anyone hear about those guys that were going 140 on rathburn. . .

im just wondering,
you might want to think of that the next time u speed

getting launched through your windshield into a tree and dying in the hospital cant be that fun. . .

or colliding with other objects in ur car and being killed instantly cant be that fun either

my buddies new all of those guys in the car. the guys that died and the two that survived. the driver of that car was actually with us up in wasaga on canada day long weekend.

we were there last sunday, it looked quite nasty the tree being cut right in half. and all the tire marks :(

btw i had my car before i sharked it a few times on the speed limiter bouncing off. but since i sharked it i have not tried to go over 220.

skillton
07-19-2003, 04:34 PM
I've been @ 200+ only about 3 times
twice i let off @ 200 and once i topped out my car @ 210, i could go faster but i have a short ratio tranny and my 5th is 0.91

1BADBMR
07-19-2003, 05:44 PM
It depends on the time, location, on what hwy or even weather condition (too many factors to consider)
I've hit 200km/h in my 318i once or twice on HWY 400, but it wouldn't go past that. I have a chip and still it struggles when I reach those speeds. It's like I have nothing left (power) Plus @ that speed my car is close to redline (5th gear)

As for the M3........:D :D :D

It's soo easy to reach 200km/h. The fastest I've been was 220km on HWY 407, but it's not a thing that I do occasionally. When your going that fast you have to be so carefull. I always have two hands on the steering wheel and look far down the road to see whats coming. One little thing (ex: pot hole) and you can kiss your car *wave*

TiemenT
07-20-2003, 12:03 PM
does anyone exceeds 250 km/h ? cause when I do it, the engine begins to rattle.. :confused:

I know that BMW's are stopped on 250 but the engine is going nuts when I do it..

M3ti Compact
07-22-2003, 03:57 AM
Dayum 250km/h??? My speedo ENDS there...

betmen
07-22-2003, 05:37 AM
wow alot of ppl are insulting here, well first off...i do it when there is noone around, and i do it where a cop cant wait for me(even thought he can)

thats is the max speed of my dads car, so i dot it when i can, which is usualy alte at night on 401 towards kitchenr, not alot of cops after you get out from the city....then i hold the gas all the way down and wait to get to that seed(takes a while with the van)

but i dont endanger anyone else except me, and is my life to **** around wiht...so my problme, ppl that cant take it then dont do it, but dont call us others stupid....and i didnt say this to show of and i dont drive fast cuz i think im cool and want to show off, i love driving and thats why i do it...

TiemenT
07-22-2003, 10:36 AM
yeah me2, driving 250 while heavy traffic is just plan stuppid *thmbsdwn*

Gunnar Reynisso
07-23-2003, 10:10 AM
Racing in traffic is about the dumbest thing you can do,

I got my convertible to 210kmh with the 2,5 once, it took itīs time,

with the s50b30 the convertible was there in 20secs,
the 325is with the s50b30 makes it in 20 also,

I have let it bounce of the rev limiter in 5th gear, but since I have a 3,73 to the 1:1 5th gear thats just about 210kmh,

Play safe,

Also a 318i E36 doesnīt make it past 210kmh for sure,

app
07-25-2003, 11:40 AM
Finding a spot to hit that high would be nice, between all the farmer traffic down back roads here, and the cops littering the 400 series highways during the summer, it's not even worth the chance.

I know highway 400 there are lots of spots to take it wide open, but during these summer months, all I hear are horror stories about the po-po sitting on it.

Lennon
07-25-2003, 12:59 PM
I've done it once, in BC at night, in an Audi 5000, that old thing took forever to get there, it had NO acceleration, I was doing 208km/h, gets the energy going! I'll probably do it again sometime, just got to get a car that will allow me to do it. *th-up*

Lil'Smoothie
07-25-2003, 04:06 PM
last time was probably 2 days ago on my way to london, it was pure open road so I opened it up abit. Prior to that it was months ago, before the winter. I drive at lease an hour on the highway everyday travelling from St. Catharines to Burlington, Hamilton or London so it is really hard no to speed, but I usually just cruise at 130

app
07-25-2003, 09:57 PM
401 to London is usually insanely fast. Can usually get in a pack doing 150 in that left lane.

Bavarias_Finest
08-17-2003, 05:44 PM
Im American so I deal in MPH not KMH. I cruise between 80-90MPH, and when Im feeling chivalrous I punch it to 125MPH. Fastest Ive ever gone was 141 MPH, I was going to hit as far as I could but the red light 1.4 miles ahead definitely didnt let that happen. I dont do drugs, dont drink, at least anymore, but I speed, that is my addiction.

///Milk
08-17-2003, 06:14 PM
Bavaria...dont kill urself ;)

Bavarias_Finest
08-17-2003, 07:47 PM
I pray alot lol, and I try to keep it safe and smart. Dont worry Ill be posting far into the future........I hope God willing.....

AMG_POWER
08-21-2003, 06:05 PM
DUnno i do 180 - 200 on the highway strech sometimes when there's not alot of cars, or when i'm going from one exit to another on the highway....i don't see nothing special going 180...it's a good speed i think it should be a limit on 401 in express lines.....come on make it an autobahn just the left lane lol! Back in europe normal speed on the highway is 160km/h so back there i usually drive 180 and i think it's normal....but you have to watch ur car and check ur tires coz if smth goes wrong u r FaCKED!

M3ti Compact
11-29-2005, 10:59 PM
ttt :D

propr'one
11-29-2005, 11:20 PM
I've topped my car out. (221 KM/H)

did it once, never do it again

(probably because i'll have the speed limiter removed, then i wont be able to top it out, except for gearing)

I'd also like to point out, if i got radared going that fast, i'd (keep it) floored, i'd make the first exit before the cop did, find a driveway, pull into it, turn the car off and run. **** my bmw i aint losing my licence.
I'd claim it was stolen before i'd own up to something like that.

Soldo
11-30-2005, 12:24 AM
hahahahahahahahahaha....... wow, this old thread brings back some serious memories.

Ever since this thread, i've reached much higher speeds, manage to reach 235km in my car, but that was according to the Speedo, so its not as accurate, but i coulda gone more (my car is chipped) on the open 401 E on my way to detroit.

Also, i've gotten caught about on easter 2004 for racing with a cop (in and out of trafic on the 401.... didn't know he was a cop, he just kept tailing me). I was doing an average speed of about 170km, made it up to 190 a few times..... the 'chases' hehehe started at 401 and 410, and he finally pulls me over 401 and WESTON. So it was quite the chase. Anyways, he only gave me a ticket for 49km over.... so to all those that say anything over 150 your toast is NOT TRUE... take it from me, lol.

And reading through this, bryan's car is NOT slow, jon is a HOMO, and he can't drive stick, hehehehehe. I've driven beside bryan on our way home from shanonville and his car is/was capable of 200+ no problem!

thinair
11-30-2005, 12:54 AM
To recap, I've hit 241km/h a few times (GPS indicated, not speedo), that's bouncing off the 7000rpm rev limiter in 5th (thanks to the 3.38 diff). Next step, 3.45 diff and a 6 speed.:moon:

Soldo
11-30-2005, 01:01 AM
DAMN..... your still capable of hittin 241 with a 3.38 rear... i thought it'd be much worse!

thinair
11-30-2005, 01:04 AM
That is what I'm gear limited to, it's almost depressing at that speed when you feel the rev limiter kick it, the car is still pulling (slowly)

Hound
11-30-2005, 03:41 AM
i usually cruise around 160-180km but late at night or whenever it's open or very little traffic up up in the 200+ marks, i have topped the E60 out at 260km speedo not gps or anything and the TL is kinda odd cause it has a speedo to 240 but in 6th doing 240, the car will go past there and it still has 1500-2000 rpm to go, that car is just nutty fast.

paul christians
11-30-2005, 06:15 AM
I have nailed 190 in the PROTEGE WOW,170 in the G.A and 245 or so in the BMW, and that is not fast enought, yet my goal is hit 260 or so in the e30 325is not e30 m3...I am crazy I know....

Autotechnica
11-30-2005, 07:04 AM
My top speed according to my GPS was 258km/h. My speedo was off the scale. I'm confident the car will go into the mid 260-265 range.

E30 Girl
11-30-2005, 08:36 AM
I have hit 215km/h once just to see how fast my car can go, it was 5am and I was coming back from London (no one was on the hwy).

I have since then maybe done 200ish once or twice but I try not to go faster then 160km/h as to not loose my license.

Justin e36
11-30-2005, 09:00 AM
I have hit 215km/h once just to see how fast my car can go, it was 5am and I was coming back from London (no one was on the hwy).

I have since then maybe done 200ish once or twice but I try not to go faster then 160km/h as to not loose my license.

No more speeding coming home from London in the middle of the night for me: http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36676

I used to push past the 200km/h mark often, but I don't do it anymore. I do a lot of long distance travelling in the summer, and I usually cruise around the 140km/h mark now. Citystreets I rarely speed at all. Getting too old for that. :(

325isRED
11-30-2005, 09:34 AM
I've hit 220km at least half a dozen times, only when i have the road to my self! mostly done on the same road up at wasaga beach that i found, its about 2 km long, strait, freshly paved a couple years ago! very nice! couple times of 407, maybe once on 400, never on 401 of qew, to much traffic

Soldo
11-30-2005, 10:31 AM
My top speed according to my GPS was 258km/h. My speedo was off the scale. I'm confident the car will go into the mid 260-265 range.

Man do i envy you..... its funny reading what you've just posted now, and lookin back when you were a VIRGIN at speeding!

:P

Hound
11-30-2005, 02:03 PM
^^^ lol yea, volvo's are great for speeding, much like bimmers you don't feel the speed, i toped my mom's old volvo v70r awd out on the 407 at 265km/h and the thing was smooth as glass.

Ant118
11-30-2005, 04:04 PM

Thats not bad, my dad got caught @ 300 in the M5 and lost his liscense 4 years ago. Going to Niagra, we where racing a Porsche Targa lol. He couldnt keep up

But usually when i come back from the Max Meets with the M3 i do 230 or so on the way back, no one is on the highway. I topped it out id say 5 or 6 times on the way back, like 265

thinair
11-30-2005, 04:27 PM
I didn't think an e30 M3 had enough power to hit 265km/h.

Isn't that like 7700rpm in 5th?!? What's your redline?

e30_kid89
11-30-2005, 04:49 PM
lol whats makin your car bog.....is it like wen the car is jerky between gears???

Ant118
11-30-2005, 05:14 PM
mine revs at 8 something, and they do. They only have have enought power stock (2.3 Stock) to hit 200 at mosport, but on the highway it can do it. Some dude in a Cavalier Z24 wanted to race me, so i just hammered it.

Oh with my new DTM tranny i bought with the 2.5 motor it will reach 290 or so

thinair
11-30-2005, 05:31 PM
Appearently a stock 2.3 M3 only does 230ish (143mph).

rodo
11-30-2005, 05:41 PM
never gone past 200km/h while driving (in Canada)

MP328
11-30-2005, 05:41 PM
almost read this whole stupid post thru, until i saw my own reply. never lookd at the stupid date.

and the update. usually every sat the car sees 200-220 goin back home 3-5am.
i had it once at 240 (according to the speedo) but after 210 it just takes forever to get there.

M3ti Compact
11-30-2005, 07:03 PM
Thats not bad, my dad got caught @ 300 in the M5 and lost his liscense 4 years ago. Going to Niagra, we where racing a Porsche Targa lol. He couldnt keep up

But usually when i come back from the Max Meets with the M3 i do 230 or so on the way back, no one is on the highway. I topped it out id say 5 or 6 times on the way back, like 265

Did your dad eventually get his licence back?? So what happens, a big ass fine and they yank your licence?

And for the record, my car is limited at 190km/h...but it was pulling quite strong up until that point. De-restricted it would probably hit a redline limited 210 easily.

EMPOWERD
11-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Oh with my new DTM tranny i bought with the 2.5 motor it will reach 290 or so

Don't know where you get your info from, there's no way a boxy, E30 M3 chassis is hitting 290km/h without at least 500HP pushing it. You seriously need to come back to earth with some of your claims (HP and speed) Anthony. :rolleyes:

Justin e36
11-30-2005, 07:24 PM
Don't know where you get your info from, there's no way a boxy, E30 M3 chassis is hitting 290km/h without at least 500HP pushing it. You seriously need to come back to earth with some of your claims (HP and speed) Anthony. :rolleyes:

Just curious Randy.. you're the biggest speed daemon I know. Around how often do you hit the 200km/h mark?... (not in your smart I'd assume.)

thinair
11-30-2005, 07:26 PM
(probably because i'll have the speed limiter removed, then i wont be able to top it out, except for gearing)
I don't think you'll be able to reach your gear limit with the stock diff. I tried with my 328 with the 3.15LSD, m3 cams and m50 intake manifold I could only get to 235 or so.

EMPOWERD
11-30-2005, 07:38 PM
Just curious Randy.. you're the biggest speed daemon I know. Around how often do you hit the 200km/h mark?... (not in your smart I'd assume.)

HeHe.. funny you should ask Justin. When I have a vehicle capable of it, I usually do 200 everyday. i remember back with the E30 and Honda EGG i would hit 200+ driving to work every morning on the long (401 EB) Dixie off ramp just whipping past all the conjestion, then taking the corner full tilt, apexing both curves, stopping (for the seemingly always "red") light with brakes aglow. I would go nuts on my GSX-R1000 everytime I took it out for a spin (partially the reason I sold it - to live) touching 280km/h weekly. Now I hit my Smart's 140km/h limiter daily*mumble* .

rollee
11-30-2005, 08:10 PM
honestly i have never speed in my life. don't think 200 kph is legal in canada.

on the other hand i was surprised my car went 242 kmph as recorded on my GPS.... must be malfunction or software conflict.
:eek:

i thought i only do 100 on highways, this is very strange, hope the repair is not expensive.*par-t*

M3ti Compact
11-30-2005, 09:03 PM
honestly i have never speed in my life.

on the other hand i was surprised my car went 242 kmph as recorded on my GPS....

U just made 2 conflicting statements!!

e30_kid89
11-30-2005, 09:43 PM
honestly i have never speed in my life. don't think 200 kph is legal in canada.

on the other hand i was surprised my car went 242 kmph as recorded on my GPS.... must be malfunction or software conflict.

i thought i only do 100 on highways, this is very strange, hope the repair is not expensive.*par-t*
surrreeeee u never speed*th-up* lool

Quack
11-30-2005, 09:58 PM
when I use to take the hwy everyday to work I would hit 200km/h on a daily basis, but now that I'm older & drive on hwy less I'll hit 2ookm/h once & awhile, I have behaved a lot since it's costing me a fortune for insurance & speeding tickets

propr'one
11-30-2005, 10:23 PM
quack dont you have like 4 speeding tickets in the last year or something rediculous like that?

Quack
11-30-2005, 10:58 PM
quack dont you have like 4 speeding tickets in the last year or something rediculous like that?

nah, I don't get speeding tickets anymore, I only have 2 this year & 1 last year, but years before that is a whole different story *shiner*

windwagen
11-30-2005, 11:36 PM
I always cruise at a safe 125 (note my posts). But when one of you mofos, or some other dude offers a challenge, I always am ready to rock. Cars are getting faster nowadays, so I have no choice but to hit 200+ to defend the honour of all 540s out there!

Recently, I was going after an Altima 3.5. I was waiting patiently for clear highway to establish "highway superiority", but the driver was nuts, desparate to hold off the Bimmer I guess, so he was driving crazy through the traffic. I don't drive like that so every time the slower cars finally moved over, the Altima would be like a little dot way up the 401. I was forced to hit 250 a few times to catch up. I never did get to pass the Altima because he exited in Cambridge. That trip from Strathroy (N of London) was pretty quick. I was really suprised when I got back to town and looked at the clock. Shaved off a whole hour!!!

Ant118
12-01-2005, 12:37 AM
Well i get most of my info on the E30 M3 from my uncle whom is a macanic for Bmw in Munich, works on the E46 M3 GTR currently. SO :P

Ant118
12-01-2005, 12:40 AM
Did your dad eventually get his licence back?? So what happens, a big ass fine and they yank your licence?

He got it back after paying 15k in fines and other bullshit. And plus during his suspension he got caught driving without a licence cause his job at the time required him to drive from R-Hill to Ottawa most of the time, he work in immigration for the Liberal Government

Quack
12-01-2005, 12:41 AM
I always cruise at a safe 125 (note my posts). But when one of you mofos, or some other dude offers a challenge, I always am ready to rock. Cars are getting faster nowadays, so I have no choice but to hit 200+ to defend the honour of all 540s out there!

Recently, I was going after an Altima 3.5. I was waiting patiently for clear highway to establish "highway superiority", but the driver was nuts, desparate to hold off the Bimmer I guess, so he was driving crazy through the traffic. I don't drive like that so every time the slower cars finally moved over, the Altima would be like a little dot way up the 401. I was forced to hit 250 a few times to catch up. I never did get to pass the Altima because he exited in Cambridge. That trip from Strathroy (N of London) was pretty quick. I was really suprised when I got back to town and looked at the clock. Shaved off a whole hour!!!

don't worry about the Altima's, I smoked a few in the past couple of years on the 407 with my 540

Ital_325i
12-01-2005, 12:53 AM
when I use to take the hwy everyday to work I would hit 200km/h on a daily basis, but now that I'm older & drive on hwy less I'll hit 2ookm/h once & awhile, I have behaved a lot since it's costing me a fortune for insurance & speeding tickets

When I was young and stupid, I use to top out my moms corsica at 189. The governer would kick in, Id let it slow down, then punch it. This was routine on the hwys. Now I try to keep it under 120-130. My insurance has soared through the roof, and lady luck isnt on my side much anymore, I get booked for everything. So now I gotta keep my nose clean.

Quack
12-01-2005, 08:31 AM
moms corsica :D I might have you beat, before I had a car I was driving my dads minivan, it topped out at 190km/h :D

EMPOWERD
12-01-2005, 08:39 AM
.... I was forced to hit 250 a few times to catch up.

"Forced".... that's funny!:D

Well i get most of my info on the E30 M3 from my uncle whom is a macanic for Bmw in Munich, works on the E46 M3 GTR currently. SO :P

That tells me even less. Just because a mechanic knows how to tune/diagnose cars, doesn't mean he has any truth to his "stories". One day you'll learn that unless you've experienced/seen things yourself... people talk a lot of shit! (regardless of "stature"). I know a lot of good mechanics that shoot the shit with the best of them.

erikIS
12-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Why would you even stop???

I also did 250km/h+ (no this is not a mistype.. i buried my needle and my GPS read 252km/h.... japanese=efficiency=1.8l ownage.)in my Type R and held it there for 5 minutes while going to Niagra falls...let me say i was there quickly lol... but would i pull over ?? nope.. crown vics are slow, and they top out at 220..sure they got radios.. but canada is big... and to poor for helicopters unless yuor in T.Dot... trust me, iv run more htan enough times... i even got pulled over once, guy got out of his copcar and took off .. rofl that was priceless. (i had no plates)

Axxe
12-03-2005, 08:52 PM
Fastest I've been is 260 in the 545i. It was still pulling strong, but it's chip limited to 255 so I guess I was pushing my luck already. It still had about 750 rpms left before redline.

PedroBMW
12-03-2005, 10:08 PM
I hit the Speed Limiter 205-206km/h (somewhere around there) in my '92 32is lots of times, but it usually still wasnt fast enough to out run alot of people, especially 6-speeds. My 328is has a 3.91 diff so party is over before 200km/h, plannin to switch to a differnt gearing in the spring though. Woo hoo!!

SickFinga
12-03-2005, 11:25 PM

guess you never met chris

Darkness95m3
12-06-2005, 09:41 PM

Life begins @ 200Mph

Darkness95m3
12-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Fastest I've been is 260 in the 545i. It was still pulling strong, but it's chip limited to 255 so I guess I was pushing my luck already. It still had about 750 rpms left before redline.

I had my 540I at 500Rpm past red line in 6th gear. I wonder how fast I was going?

///MsAniTy
12-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Hey PEDRO did u guys your car off of a asian guy with some mods on it already?

maxx318i
12-13-2005, 05:18 PM
you're more prone to trashing the HWY over 200 in a 6 cyl vehicle, than a 4.
my limiter stops at 195, but i seldomly go there.
mom's 3.2 A6, however....

i plan to correct my car with a dinan chip

PedroBMW
12-13-2005, 05:30 PM
Hey PEDRO did u guys your car off of a asian guy with some mods on it already?

Sort of, he sold it to another guy who couln't afford the insurance, this guy owned it for 4 months without every plating or insuring it, I bought it from him at a really good price because of his situation. The original owner who did the mods was named Peter, u know him? he was on this forum.

paul
12-14-2005, 04:54 PM
anything after 220 i am not looking at the speedo i am looking at the EGT's if u knw what i mean. i went to niagra once falt out we stopped for gas had to let the cool down for what seemed like 4 ever. so i could turn off the car. the turbo was so hot and the manifold, u could c rigth inside the turbo.

thinair
12-14-2005, 05:30 PM
u could c rigth inside the turbo.
Metal turns transparent when hot?:moon:

windwagen
12-15-2005, 12:59 AM
The other day, I was cruising W/B on the far Eastern reaches of the 407. I decided to cruise at 200 to see what it's like (instead of a short burst). RPM was about 3500. And the energy meter indicated 10-11l/100km, which is only about 1l more than cruising at my usual 125. The 540 could do that all day.

Understated
12-15-2005, 01:28 AM
The other day, I was cruising W/B on the far Eastern reaches of the 407. I decided to cruise at 200 to see what it's like (instead of a short burst). RPM was about 3500. And the energy meter indicated 10-11l/100km, which is only about 1l more than cruising at my usual 125. The 540 could do that all day.

too bad the magnum wouldn't be able to :D j/k

when do you have to say goodbye? :(

windwagen
12-15-2005, 08:39 AM
Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.....

The 540 is in the Auto Trader already, and the "Magnumb" is ordered. The 5 is really protesting bad. I did the front brakes, and now they are vibrating like a biaaaattttch. I think I got some bad rotors.

Alex

Manimillion
12-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Ottawa to London, spent 3-4 hours in London, back to Ottawa, the total trip took me 14 hours (including the time spent in London). Stopped twice on the way to London, 1ce on the way back to Ottawa. The drive was just a bit over 1400km's.

I am guessing you know what I picked for the poll :)

"Occasionally"

Jim .E.
12-15-2005, 02:05 PM
i maxed out my accord at 205km/h going downhill on the way back from wasaga on airport rd...i occasionally drive 140km/h-160km/h on the 407 in the fast lane on the way to York ...but due to the ticket i got i dont drive over 130 anymore and dont go near the fast lane anymore :(

eh?
12-15-2005, 07:27 PM
Whoa. Old thread.

To answer the original question: I take my Golf to the top of 4th (220 km/h) on a pretty regular basis.

Waterwings
12-16-2005, 01:14 PM
windwagon, make sure they put your wheels on right. Take em off and then put them back on. Happend to me once

wd948
12-16-2005, 07:01 PM
i dont drive at that speed anymore, roads are too shitty around here and i dont want to risk my licence
i used to keep between 190-210 back in germany when the road was nice

Understated
12-16-2005, 07:17 PM
MMMMMM germany *mw* 'im gonna have to buy a property near the autobahn one day or something....thats one place i'll drive before i die....guaranteed :)

eh?
12-16-2005, 08:17 PM
The Isle of Man is a good option too. A little wet tho.

wd948
12-16-2005, 08:56 PM
not all autobahns are proper to do it though, some just have too much traffic
the one that starts in heinsberg is perfect though if you ever go to germany, weekends and mornings you can haul ass
now they have construction but when they are done you can run from heinsberg to near dusseldorf, around 100km

Zim Zimma
12-18-2005, 05:51 PM
If the roads clear... why not

Youll regret the things you didnt do in life more then the things you did.

But be safe otherwise youll life will be cut short.

200+ crew..1998 328is...2001 325xi(sold)....2004 330i M performance edition...

wd948
12-18-2005, 07:05 PM
my old landlord had a e46 328i and his average speed to go to work was 250, thats usual in germany, i miss it so much, you took the taxi and they would be hauling 180 in the small country roads, or you would go 210 and than a station wagon will all the family would just pass you
i loved driving in germany

windwagen
12-19-2005, 10:53 AM
If the roads clear... why not

Youll regret the things you didnt do in life more then the things you did.

But be safe otherwise youll life will be cut short.

200+ crew..1998 328is...2001 325xi(sold)....2004 330i M performance edition...

Well said. That's why + bought a bimmer instead of the more practical volvo wagon. My only regret is having to cancel 3 separate track schools at Mosport. 1st time for bad weather, latter 2 for business trips.

Nascar318is
12-19-2005, 03:48 PM
Was on highway 50 going to Luskville...got her up to around the 208km mark at the red line after I let off.....took about 5 minutes(Lol) to get there, but lots of highway and I was "trying" to follow my buddy in his Supra(turbo)...

windwagen
12-20-2005, 03:42 PM
The rental Ford Freestar I just returned to Edmonton Aprt would not exceed 170. It barely had enough power to make 170, then the govenor kicks in.

Axxe
12-20-2005, 04:31 PM
i maxed out my accord at 205km/h going downhill on the way back from wasaga on airport rd...i occasionally drive 140km/h-160km/h on the 407 in the fast lane on the way to York ...but due to the ticket i got i dont drive over 130 anymore and dont go near the fast lane anymore :(

Wow, BEST spot to speed *shiner*

Chris de la Cruz
12-21-2005, 09:21 AM
i hit just over 200km/h (could be a speedo error too) twice in my E30 on Markham Bypass :D

With X5 i've hit 200km/h at least 5 times in the first month we got it :D

paul christians
12-21-2005, 09:51 PM
MARKHAM BYPASS, the good old days.....:):)

Ominous
12-30-2005, 01:22 AM
I got up to 200km once on the 401 in my 318i. I was very scared about getting pulled over, that would ruin someone I think. It felt like there was still room to go, im thinking the car can maybe do 240? I usually keep it under 160 though:D

uber e36
12-30-2005, 11:58 AM
I've hit 190-200 2 or 3 times in my 325is... I've hit 245-250 once in something faster...

330ci05
12-30-2005, 03:16 PM
250km/h(and it still goes :D) on the way to montreal to watch the F1 race :D

erikIS
12-30-2005, 07:11 PM
318i will never reach 240...

im actually surprised it reached 200. maybe 210-215 if your lucky.

windwagen
12-30-2005, 09:38 PM
The first guy who took out my 540 for a test drive (selling), hit 200.

Ajax5678
01-01-2006, 12:26 AM
Done more then a few times cause 200kph is slow.....

Autotechnica
01-01-2006, 11:50 AM
318i will never reach 240...

im actually surprised it reached 200. maybe 210-215 if your lucky.

240 is not possible on a stock 318. At 220km/h I'm sure the 318 loses the battle against the friction of the air. At 215-220km/h in my old 318 when it was stock, I still had quite a bit of revs left, the car wouldn't go any further. If you do have a long stretch of highway (say at 2am), it will do more than 200 for sure.

Bry

thinair
01-01-2006, 01:08 PM
my 328 wouldn't pull to 240 before I did the intake manifold an cams. So I really really doubt a 318 would

propr'one
01-09-2006, 02:01 AM
i hit the speed limiter in my 328 once. I'll never do it again

paul christians
01-09-2006, 07:22 PM
I do not go past 120kph.........It is evil to speed.......

e30_kid89
01-09-2006, 08:30 PM
i was almost @ 200 today, 160:)

craz azn
01-10-2006, 12:18 AM
I do not go past 120kph.........It is evil to speed.......

ROFL!!!, LOL I agree, its baaaaaaaaaddddd:D :D :D oh man, haha

paul christians
01-10-2006, 02:05 PM
^^^yes that is right, I do not go past 120.......HEHEHE........

propr'one
01-10-2006, 06:21 PM
yeah suuuuuuuuure paul:rolleyes:

Proliphic
01-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Ive never passed 110km/h in my car.. speeding is bad mmmkaaaaayy !!

*shiner* *shiner* *no-no* *no-no* :D :D

propr'one
01-11-2006, 01:23 PM
proliphic. howbout **** you:D you'll never pass 110 in your car if i BREAK YOUR LEGS for nearly KILLING me on monday:cool:

paul christians
01-11-2006, 03:17 PM
speeding scares me...hehehe...

Hound
01-11-2006, 03:38 PM
^^^^^^^^^^ funniest thing i've heard in a while ahahahahahaha

paul christians
01-11-2006, 07:50 PM
^^^^^what I am scared of speeds over 120mph...........hehehehe.....

Hound
01-11-2006, 07:51 PM
o rly? then i guess you better put a limiter in your car :P:P:P:P

paul christians
01-11-2006, 07:52 PM
SEAN did you read it, I am saying 120 MPH not KPH....hehehehehe.....

craz azn
01-11-2006, 08:02 PM
^^ he does have a limiter, he had my dad take out the engine, ahahahaha never to be afraid again Paul*wave*

Hound
01-11-2006, 08:05 PM
SEAN did you read it, I am saying 120 MPH not KPH....hehehehehe.....

no i know but 120mph is about 220km/h and yours goes maybe a lil bit faster :D*par-t* *par-t* *par-t* *par-t* *smoke*

paul christians
01-11-2006, 08:25 PM
I have had my car at 243@6850, and I need now speed, I am looking for 260@6800, so gess I am not scared of speed after all...EVIL HEHEHE.....yes right now most I have done is 190kph (PROTEGE) and 168kph (G.A).....

moto-menace
01-12-2006, 12:52 PM
well, i like to speed, simple as that. so please spare me the funeral remarks.
when i am on my bike(new R1) i break 200 every time i get on, usually within the first 10 minutes just to get it outta my system,(was the same on my last bike). there has honestly only been about 4 or 5 times ive got on a bike without breaking 200, and thats because it was raining or wet. fastest ive gone is about 300km, its my first bike with a digital speedometer and i find it alot harder 2 read at a glance if youre not holding the throttle steady, i went blowing past my friend (who later told me he was doing 260km/hr) and i came off the throttle and looked at the speedo and it was impossible 2 see the number right away cuz it was decreasing so rapidly and the numbers were constantly changing(imagine trying 2 watch mileseconds on a stop watch), it evend out for a second and it caught my eye at 286 and that was after i let off and had started to slow down so i figure i was doing around 300 that time before i came off the throttle...on the bike i had b4 this (an older zx7 ninja) i found the top speed and it was about 265km/hr..i tried a friends r6 and i could only squeeze about 230 or so out of it until it lost all its pull..i found that dissapointing because i tried a 600 katana wich would do 220 top speed (screaming) however the r6 was alot snappier and alot more fun to drive, much better acceleration. as for cars, i dont break 200 every time, its not as easy cuz u need more space and i dont feel as confident getting away.
with my last car, 95 325i i hit 200km/ on my way home from buying it just 2 see if i could. i later found out it would only do about 212 top speed.
i guess in the year i had the car i probably only broke 200 about 7-10 times, however, i have made some amazing times travelling 2 and from niagara falls. most people probably wouldnt even believe me. az for my new car, i only got to drive it for about a week before i stored it, i dont think ive even hit 200 in it yet but im looking forward to 250km/hr :)

paul christians
01-12-2006, 01:25 PM
For those people that do 200++ on a bike, you are crazy but hey it is your life to do that...No I do ride yet..

Mechanixx
02-01-2006, 04:05 PM
I exceed the 200 every day .... ;);)

propr'one
02-09-2006, 12:59 AM
autobahn. how i love thee

vertakul
02-09-2006, 01:27 AM
i've done 235 in my rsx type-s and that's just short of 5th gear red-line.. still 6th to bang.. wonder if im governed..

Hound
02-09-2006, 03:21 AM
you can do 240 in the rsx, i know cause i topped it out in 6th. i have hit 250 though but that was on the skyway with a slight tailwind. car's pretty nice at that speed eh?

vertakul
02-09-2006, 10:28 AM
seriously the car feels good at 235.. still handling really nicely.. i can change lanes and do whatever no problem. I am pretty sure the gearing will take you way past 240 but if the car has enough power to push me there.. that's another story. With some mods i'll hit it np tho :D

Hound
02-09-2006, 10:27 PM
yea the gearing should be able to take you past, hence the 250 that i dit but at that speed the poor little 4 banger is having trouble pusing the car faster. just go super or turbo and you see 260 np although i would HIGHLY suggest getting better Z rated tires if you are gonna be doing these speed or putting down some serious power, cause the stock mxv4 bullshit tires are just that, bullshit and are really only ment for a max speed of 180km/h

paul christians
02-09-2006, 11:53 PM
As often as I can....heheheheh..

BMetal
02-10-2006, 10:49 PM
anyone know the top speed of a stock 330ci, with the limiter removed?

superman123
02-10-2006, 11:41 PM
way to fast*th-up*

BMetal
02-11-2006, 10:39 AM
oh come on!

paul christians
02-11-2006, 12:14 PM
YES I do and it way too fast for you....hehehehehe......240++++++++....

scattymatty
02-11-2006, 01:34 PM
I jus did 210 yesterday i was scared i dont reccomned it hhaha it was on a smoth back road...scary shit! lol i was driving my 03 nissan sentra se-r i took a pic on the guages on my buddys phone..definetly keeping that pic!

BMetal
02-11-2006, 02:11 PM
YES I do and it way too fast for you....hehehehehe......240++++++++....

I'm quite sure that is in fact too fast for me. I just wanted to know what it was.

M3ti Compact
02-11-2006, 07:17 PM
My guess is that it could probably do around 240-250.

erikIS
02-12-2006, 09:32 PM
i zipped by a cop few nights ago on Highway6, he tried to catch me.... lets just say he didnt stand a chance :P

I held it at 240 for a minute straight before i turn another route home

propr'one
02-13-2006, 12:05 AM
heh. that's stupid. i've topped my car out a couple times before, i would have no objection to never doing it again*th-up*

BlitzSix
02-13-2006, 01:52 AM
I've only gone over 200 once. First time I went like 205 on a straight empty highway follow some 5 series in teh summer.

The other time I was cruising at 3 am and ended up following a VW Corrado, the guy was insane I hit like 220 and he was still pulling way ahead of me. We were going like 200 on the grandiner west (Just past south kingsway, near parklawn) where it turns kinda sharp and has like 10 of those stupid bumps in the road, scary!

We got from there to sherway in what seemed like a minute. I got off there cause I didn't wanna go too far, and I cruised at like 140 on the queensway all the way home. So empty at 3 am, lots of fun.

This was all in my moms car, my 240 hasnt seen past 150 :o

Mystikal
02-13-2006, 01:05 PM
anyone know the top speed of a stock 330ci, with the limiter removed?

Stock ones with the sport package are limited to 250km/h. They can easily pass 260.

FWIW, a stock E46 323i has a listed top speed in excess of 240, just for reference.

paul christians
02-13-2006, 02:35 PM
^^^thank you....JAY...........

windwagen
02-13-2006, 10:24 PM
I just got my MagNUMB last week. I coaxed it up to 170 today. I think that's all she's got :(

Maybe if I stayed on it for a for another minute, it could've got to 180??

BMetal
02-14-2006, 12:06 AM
Stock ones with the sport package are limited to 250km/h. They can easily pass 260.

FWIW, a stock E46 323i has a listed top speed in excess of 240, just for reference.

That's great, thanks for the info.

M3ti Compact
02-14-2006, 10:56 PM
I just got my MagNUMB last week. I coaxed it up to 170 today. I think that's all she's got :(

Maybe if I stayed on it for a for another minute, it could've got to 180??

what? That's it?? Ooh...it don't got a HEMI...too bad... :P

Anyways...on the subject of american cars...I hit the limiter at 170 in a rented Ford Taurus (racing a BMW E30 and a Stealth, who were racing each other at first)...the thing also has a 3500rpm limiter in neutral...Ford must have known that the majority of Taurus' go to rental car companies...

Mystikal
02-15-2006, 04:59 PM
...the thing also has a 3500rpm limiter in neutral...Ford must have known that the majority of Taurus' go to rental car companies...

Hahaha, I remember that from when I had a rented one too. Too funny.

E46s (and I'd assume all other current gen BMWs) do it too. Not that I'd checked or anything...

suger ray
02-15-2006, 07:45 PM
very scaryer going 240 km/h in a 80 zone. just kidden

paul christians
02-15-2006, 07:56 PM
scary fast man.....evil HEHEHE.....

E30 Girl
02-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Iam A Blonde Bitch With A Shitty Ass Bmw.. Its Rusty And Its Falling Apart But I Love It Dude Its Sick

superman123
02-24-2006, 12:40 AM
i went 210 in the 94 320i ..and the corner flew off :eek: ..so now i got one piece angel eyes*th-up*
(yip they were after market corners)

Nascar318is
02-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Iam A Blonde Bitch With A Shitty Ass Bmw.. Its Rusty And Its Falling Apart But I Love It Dude Its Sick

:confused: :confused: :confused:

calegrant
03-03-2006, 12:43 AM
If I'm driving solo I'll once or twice a year open it up and take it to the 200 mark, otherwise I stick to 140 cruise. Unfourtunately stupid BC young drivers law's made it so that after 2 tickets (one doing 109 in an 80 and another from a total wad at 92 in an 80) I've lost my lincense for 2 months. So untill I get my full license AND past the 1 year mark of no tickets I probably won't go over 120 on the highway otherwise I could face 6month+ suspension. Total BS considering I know people workin on their third DUI's that still have their license's.

Mr seville
03-03-2006, 10:21 AM

it will never reach that there isn't much room for it to go past 210

Mystikal
03-05-2006, 01:19 AM
Yeah, it can. Check the original BMW stats, the 323i is listed at 244km/h and the 328i at 249km/h.

I've pushed a stock 323i against the governor (220 indicated) right across the city many a time, I'd know what it can do. If my E30 can reach 230-235km/h without a governor, the 323i will definitely surpass that. It pulls much, much harder above 200 than my brick.

propr'one
03-05-2006, 01:55 AM
What about e36's jay? my car doesn't pull past about 235, its a 328i

Furious
03-05-2006, 04:42 AM
my car does propone its an e36 :D

thinair
03-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Yeah, it can. Check the original BMW stats, the 323i is listed at 244km/h and the 328i at 249km/h.

I've pushed a stock 323i against the governor (220 indicated) right across the city many a time, I'd know what it can do. If my E30 can reach 230-235km/h without a governor, the 323i will definitely surpass that. It pulls much, much harder above 200 than my brick.
Where did you get those stats from? Everywhere I've seens states the 328 to topping out at 140mph (225km/h). My 328 barely pulls to 240 with my mods.

Also, the 323i is governed at 206km/h, and you know all about the speedo error percentage. :)

Mystikal
03-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Where did you get those stats from? Everywhere I've seens states the 328 to topping out at 140mph (225km/h). My 328 barely pulls to 240 with my mods.

Also, the 323i is governed at 206km/h, and you know all about the speedo error percentage. :)

BMW AG.

Your E36 is not as drag efficient as an E46.

I know it's 206km/h computed. I'm simply mentioning that the car will seriously "slam" into that governor, and can obviously achieve much higher speeds. I also mentioned that if my E30 can do 230km/h, then the E46 can without a doubt achieve a higher velocity.

Understated
03-05-2006, 06:45 PM
holy crap.....mystikal you got balls going that fast in ur cars :D :eek:

the most i've done is 180 in my civic last summer and i can tell you i won't be going anywhere near those speeds ever again because i like keeping my record clean and insurance rates barely payable :D

thinair
03-05-2006, 06:50 PM
BMW AG.

Your E36 is not as drag efficient as an E46.

I know it's 206km/h computed. I'm simply mentioning that the car will seriously "slam" into that governor, and can obviously achieve much higher speeds. I also mentioned that if my E30 can do 230km/h, then the E46 can without a doubt achieve a higher velocity.
Again, I misunderstood. I thought you were stating e36 numbers.

I'm just going to start doing to you what I do with Vlad, just nod and say yes.

Mystikal
03-05-2006, 06:54 PM
holy crap.....mystikal you got balls going that fast in ur cars :D :eek:

the most i've done is 180 in my civic last summer and i can tell you i won't be going anywhere near those speeds ever again because i like keeping my record clean and insurance rates barely payable :D

Eh, I've honestly tamed over the years. I regularly cruise in the right or centre lanes, rarely going over 120km/h in everyday driving, even in the middle of the night.

That said, there's never a week gone by without at least a couple 220-230 indicated blasts, especially when there's someone around to play with.

paul christians
03-05-2006, 07:11 PM
^^^^yeh ok JAY!!!right that is funny.....I have seen you after cars....heheheh....

craz azn
03-05-2006, 10:54 PM
My Bday present to self yesterday was spend 20$ in gas in the newly painted ride, a spirited cruise, which led to me cracking 200+ 4 times. unintentional tho, like cruise, whoa, wtf 190, meh keeper goin lol... wooooooo!!!....wouldnt pull over 210 tho, cuz either it would be a hill or a slower car in teh way.... good ol country, nothin usually in the way.... wheeeeeeee:cool: :cool:

paul christians
03-05-2006, 11:45 PM
^^I can see that was fun....H.B.D....

BMWags
03-06-2006, 12:00 AM
My Bday present to self yesterday was spend 20$ in gas in the newly painted ride, a spirited cruise, which led to me cracking 200+ 4 times. unintentional tho, like cruise, whoa, wtf 190, meh keeper goin lol... wooooooo!!!....wouldnt pull over 210 tho, cuz either it would be a hill or a slower car in teh way.... good ol country, nothin usually in the way.... wheeeeeeee:cool: :cool:

get an m50, u'll go a lil faster in it lol

Stuttgart
03-30-2006, 10:49 PM
285 on my gsxr 233 on the 325i and now with the 97 m3 obd1 engine i dunno.

paul christians
03-30-2006, 11:32 PM
I will going fast very soon everyone.....heheheheeheh...

FashionChef
03-31-2006, 10:05 PM
This is an interesting topic ... since yes .. a lot of people trying to BS for this limit ... but honestly .. I find any BMW can easily go up to 160km/hr .. so .. making 200km/hr is not that difficult. The point is .. do you go 200km/hr for 5 seconds to race a bit or pass the other cars? or the total distance from Yonge to McCowan on 401? or from Yonge/Sheppard to Yonge/Highway 7 on Local. Honestly guys ... I believe that we've all reached that speed limit sometime in the past ... but how long can you hold on to this speed ... NOT VERY LONG!!!!!!*uzi* *uzi* *uzi* *uzi*

superman123
03-31-2006, 10:28 PM
ohhh okay

Crazy4Banger
04-01-2006, 12:38 AM
MY 318i has a limitter at 198 km/h, so I have done that serveral times. Usually cruise around 140-150 on the highway, I have done about 175 thru the many curves of DVP.

Crazy4Banger
04-01-2006, 12:40 AM
This is an interesting topic ... since yes .. a lot of people trying to BS for this limit ... but honestly .. I find any BMW can easily go up to 160km/hr .. so .. making 200km/hr is not that difficult. The point is .. do you go 200km/hr for 5 seconds to race a bit or pass the other cars? or the total distance from Yonge to McCowan on 401? or from Yonge/Sheppard to Yonge/Highway 7 on Local. Honestly guys ... I believe that we've all reached that speed limit sometime in the past ... but how long can you hold on to this speed ... NOT VERY LONG!!!!!!*uzi* *uzi* *uzi* *uzi*

I held 198 for 10 mins while going to montreal, during early morning hours. The hgihway was dead silient, both ways.

FashionChef
04-03-2006, 11:24 PM
I held 198 for 10 mins while going to montreal, during early morning hours. The hgihway was dead silient, both ways.

Wow! my friend drove his 535i for 20 mins over 200km/hr on the night of the blackout on Highway 407. He told me that this is his highest possible record, since all the cops are not uptown at all. Lucky guy

nd4more_spd
04-05-2006, 09:28 PM
you know , the funny thing is that , HELLOOOOUUU , we drive german cars that are build for speed, any bimmer is very easy to reach 200 KM/H no matter if its old or new , or if its a 318 or M5 ... i usually shift from 4th to 5th on a 200km mark , and then at about 235 i shift from 5th to 6th ... the fastest i went was 250 ( my limiter ) on a 401 going west right by the pearson int. airport .. i was racing an M3 , i also had 3 persons in my car (including myself) , and whenever i get on a highway that has some space i ll do 160-170 untill i get behind some car , there are no speed limits for me anywhere , i got about 25 offenses on my driving record , i have no insurence cuz i cant afford one , i ran away from cops at least 10 times ( once i got fail to stop for police ticket but the stupid pig made a lot of mistakes since he was a new cop and my lawyer took him out in court, ... dont laugh your ass of but that cop who gave me a ticket was driving a bicycle ) And once i got chased by a helicopter on a 407 and about 10 police cars pulled me over with a fricking helicopter flashing his demn light at me , - that was the luckiest day of my life when a cop that pulled me over went through my record and understood that i m a complete phsyco and that there is no point to give me any more tickets that i already have and all he said is that if i m gonna let him search my car and he wont find anything , he will let me go , and he did ... on the other side i live a normal human life when i m not behind the wheel .. and by the way , did i tell you i still got my driving liscense ?

paul christians
04-05-2006, 09:54 PM
^^^^who are you paying to keep it than.....

nd4more_spd
04-05-2006, 10:01 PM
who do you think , my lawyer ... haha,,, anyways , i m new here guys, i dont like people who bullshit alot ( thats me :confused: , not :D ) i m looking for somebody as ****ed in a head as me so i have someone to have fun with , i know one guy but he drives an Audi 1.8 Turbo ( that thing bearly pulls to 200 lol )

paul christians
04-05-2006, 10:37 PM
up there with you man,but I like to play safe......but I do not get caught....

Crazy4Banger
04-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Anyone try going over 95 km/h thru the twisties on Old Finch after a Reasor road and before Sewells. I topped at 95, when the car started to loose grip, this is on the first bend, the other bends are about 70-80.

Mystikal
04-06-2006, 12:18 AM
Anyone try going over 95 km/h thru the twisties on Old Finch after a Reasor road and before Sewells. I topped at 95, when the car started to loose grip, this is on the first bend, the other bends are about 70-80.

That's my home track.

I've never really paid much attention to speed in there, too busy keeping the car off the banks and guardrails.

You should come to the E30 meet, we go through there during the cruise.

Axxe
04-06-2006, 01:38 AM
That's my home track.

I've never really paid much attention to speed in there, too busy keeping the car off the banks and guardrails.

You should come to the E30 meet, we go through there during the cruise.

Jay, I'm first in line after you, I always get stuck behind slowpokes at the back :S

Hound
04-06-2006, 03:45 AM
i call 3rd lmao neways i like to play as well. i think most people here do actually

Axxe
04-06-2006, 04:08 AM
Yeah, I just hated it hwen on the fall forks mini-cruise, the catera and cut-spring cavalier got ahead of me at the start. THat was not fun, they could barely keep up with the smart !!

JMW
04-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I just hated it hwen on the fall forks mini-cruise, the catera and cut-spring cavalier got ahead of me at the start. THat was not fun, they could barely keep up with the smart !!

lol domestics..always ruin everything lol

Mystikal
04-07-2006, 06:17 PM
A certain modified 1.8T Golf slowed down the whole thing last year, too.

Axxe
04-07-2006, 06:43 PM
A certain modified 1.8T Golf slowed down the whole thing last year, too.

Who was that? VW's are dead to me, my mom's sienna has more driving dynamics than a mk 4 jetta 2.slow.

Mystikal
04-07-2006, 07:40 PM
Kassab's friend, black MKIV with chrome TT rims.

I think Nick was gonna pop a vein.

Axxe
04-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Hahahaah. That was like me at the forks cruise. Next stop I told 'em, and they said "what does it matter, we're faster than the smart anyway!" ****ing tards couldn't keep up with Randy in the smart, it was rediculous. A SMART!!

Crazy4Banger
04-08-2006, 02:05 AM
I once saw some young guy in a E30 grey/brown color doing laps there, I was happy to a see another bmw. You guys know of any other twisties in the area.

Mystikal
04-08-2006, 11:08 AM
Black guy? Could be ZiMMie.

Check out Twyn Rivers, Sheppard just east of Meadowvale. About 2 mins from Old Finch there, it's my usual Sunday evening cruise route.

Crazy4Banger
04-08-2006, 03:28 PM
I went today to twyn rivers, pretty nice place. The first drop is ****ing awesome. Its quite busy during the day time.

paul christians
04-10-2006, 01:31 AM
KO,from K.C to 401 and WESTNEY 160 or so.....evil hehehehheeeeeeee..

ZiMMie
04-10-2006, 01:38 AM
I once saw some young guy in a E30 grey/brown color doing laps there, I was happy to a see another bmw. You guys know of any other twisties in the area.
Yea that was me. am there 2X every week.

Crazy4Banger
04-10-2006, 11:59 AM
That meadowville stretch near Toronto Zoo looks tempting to speed on, but I saw a cop hiding there the other.

Quack
04-10-2006, 12:46 PM
That meadowville stretch near Toronto Zoo looks tempting to speed on, but I saw a cop hiding there the other.

I know what you mean, Jay(Mystikal) takes us down there once in awhile very late at night

Mystikal
04-10-2006, 12:46 PM
Watch them carefully, it's never a speed trap. They just go to that stretch for a quiet place to work on their paperwork, etc.

I still take it easy though, rather be safe.

BMW BMXer
04-11-2006, 01:32 PM
Kassab's friend, black MKIV with chrome TT rims.

I think Nick was gonna pop a vein.

Man I loved how that car looked but ****! That sucked.

I always seem to start meets mid pack, then we hit a long straightaway or something and I am done.