PDA

View Full Version : Front Fan e36 Questions / Shamis aftermath

Shamis
07-17-2003, 11:01 PM
This front fan that i assume cools the radiator but i dont really know (not a mechanic although i pretend to be) when is it supposed to be spinning.

I can not figure out why it doesnt spin when i turn my car on and look at it, when is it supposed to spin???

If it doesnt spin what could be the symptoms becuase todya i took apart the wreckadge that is my front end and it doesnt seem to me like anything hit the fan at all...

The only thing that broke is the piece that block air from escpaing through the inside of the grills, those little flabby dudes, the thing the flabbers connect to the left one broke.....

So whut da deal here is???

O and I don't thing my rame was damadged at all, maybe the rad support owas bent a little on the left but i cant tell i need a second pair of eyes i doubt it was though.

djcontra
07-18-2003, 01:06 AM
so far so good!
it's a good thing you checked out the damage a little more.
Try turning on your A/C, and see if that fan comes on.
(i'm just taking a wild guess here...it's raining so I'm too lazy to go out and check if mine turns on right now :D)

SickFinga
07-18-2003, 01:15 AM
it is raining???
not here:)
Shamis, i told you, it is AC fan and should be spining when you turn on your ac, and it should spin freely.
I'm pretty sure it spins when you drive too.(from blowing wind)

Slowered318
07-18-2003, 01:47 AM
Shamis i think you need a beater.. i'll sell you my toyota to drive well you get your shit fixed on the bimmer. This will buy you some time and you can hit all the curbs and walls you want with this thing... It keeps truckin no matter what you do to it :)

$500 obo.
only 250 km's
fresh silver paint just rolled on yesterday

Slowered318
07-18-2003, 01:51 AM
Look at this hood! the quality of the tremclad finish is unbelieveable

Slowered318
07-18-2003, 01:52 AM
Eurostyle gots nothing on me... body work a la bondo fiberglass, NO sanding!

djcontra
07-18-2003, 01:57 AM
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!
"just rolled on..."
I met somebody once who did that and actually thought it looked sick! :D
Great looking car for the money though, you can't go wrong for $500 (as long as it doesn't cost much more to get it on the road).

Slowered318
07-18-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by djcontra
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!
"just rolled on..."
I met somebody once who did that and actually thought it looked sick! :D
Great looking car for the money though, you can't go wrong for $500 (as long as it doesn't cost much more to get it on the road).

no need for emissions its and 83, and a dirty certy isn't that hard to get :) upkeep and maintance cost me on average $25 a month, used oil is the KEY.. it runs better when the oil is broken in first.

thanks for the compliments.. if i don't sell it i'm gonna have to drive it another winter :D

.....so i really wanna sell it!

BlackTape
07-18-2003, 03:04 AM
if you wanna talk about beaters listen to this....

My next door neighbor is single and lives alone in a HUGE house (has a 5 bedrooms) anyways he has two cars...

2002 Porshce Turbo and a
2002 Kia Rio...

the RIO is his daily driver... Kinda funny i would say

Shamis
07-18-2003, 04:12 AM
hahah funny man for 500 id get a beater bike crackhead

u catch me dead drivin that car id rather get a bmw street racer or whatevrr those skateboards are called

Slowered318
07-18-2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Shamis
hahah funny man for 500 id get a beater bike crackhead

u catch me dead drivin that car id rather get a bmw street racer or whatevrr those skateboards are called

Well it was only a suggestion ...it's the pefect car for you! when you hit things with the toyota, it makes the car stronger

btw...
I bet it's faster then your 325 :P

SpoolinS6
07-18-2003, 04:28 AM
shamis slowered318"s toyota that things pure beast u can throw it a huge beating and its still alive and going ! especialy that roof if it rolls over the roof goes in just pop it bac out ! LOL ;)

Slowered318
07-18-2003, 04:29 AM
HAHHAHAH

you got that right.. nothing a toilet bowl plunger won't pull out

maverick
07-18-2003, 12:01 PM
slowered318's paintless dent removal system
the toyota is the best car ever
POWER MODE WILL DESTROY ANYTHING

Slowered318
07-18-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by maverick
slowered318's paintless dent removal system
the toyota is the best car ever
POWER MODE WILL DESTROY ANYTHING

HAHAHA!

took it for a drive last night.. it chirps the tires when you put it in drive.. so much torque!

Miguel
07-18-2003, 04:35 PM
Ryan, what happened to the flames?!?

Slowered318
07-18-2003, 04:39 PM
they got peeled off..

nice advitar.. mr ouzo lol

bmwm5lover
07-19-2003, 01:11 AM
Ryan i think its time for some speed holes, or as you call them "weight reducing holes" :D

Autotechnica
07-20-2003, 08:51 PM
Back to Shamis's question. Are you talking about the Auxilary fan? If so, it's very common for them to stop working on E36's. The motor either burns out or the fan seizes which in turn also causes the motor to burn out. Mine hasn't been working for the longest time. The whole purpose of the Aux. fan is when it's extremely hot outside you need a fan to cool the A/C's freon (usually required if your in a traffic jam), otherwise the Aux fan is quite useless. If it doesn't spin, my advise it just to yank it out (motor and fan). Any weight reduction is better than none :)

Bryan