PDA

View Full Version : '03 stang barely beat me...

bugkiller
07-17-2003, 01:20 PM
in my 92 325i. i was driving down this road, which is 3 lanes, when a '03 stang(non-gt i think) blew by me. we were coming to the light and got to it both doing about 25mph when it turned green. so we both gun it, i was in 3rd already(would of pulled on him if i were in 2nd), we stayed even until 50, then he started pulling on me slightly. i stopped at 75mph, and he was 1 car length ahead of me, but he kept going until he was going 90. i would of though that stang should of killed me, even if it wasnt a gt.

a little later a newer E320 came up to me at a light, the guy gave me "the look", so i gunned it when the light tured green, and he didnt even have a chance. he must of not wanted to race or something. first time ive gotten a ricer flyby from a MB though:)

djcontra
07-17-2003, 02:47 PM
nice kill!
those v6 stangs are slooooooow. The people who buy them are all-show-no-go type of people.

SeRb
07-17-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by djcontra
nice kill!
those v6 stangs are slooooooow. The people who buy them are all-show-no-go type of people.

what if they're like-a-mustang-but-dont-have-enough-money-to-buy-a-better-model people *th-up*

djcontra
07-17-2003, 05:00 PM
This is my own opinion but, if you can't afford to buy a V8 mustang, then why bother buying one??
They weren't invented to ''look'' good :)

M3_MadBimmer
07-17-2003, 05:44 PM
IF YOU ASK ME....anyone who is stupid enough to buy an AMERICAN car, will not know how to race, or buy a faster american car

SeRb
07-17-2003, 06:05 PM
i dunno, the girls here think the mustang is "cute" :confused:

SickFinga
07-18-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by M3_MadBimmer
IF YOU ASK ME....anyone who is stupid enough to buy an AMERICAN car, will not know how to race, or buy a faster american car

there is a lot of american cars that would put most of bimmers here to shame.

if it was non-GT and you got killed, well SUCKS to be you, you should've kill non-GT mustang pretty easy

bugkiller
07-18-2003, 03:19 AM
my point is that i have a 92 325i w/ only a CAI, and the stang is a brand new *sports* car, im saying that it should of beat me by a lot more than that. I know my car is not that fast. The point is that, gt or not, it is a brand new sports car vs. a 11 year old 325i w/o many mods. there are no american cars, in the same class as the bimmer, that would beat one. put a '02 M3 vs. a '02 GT, and the M3 will win.

Soldo
07-18-2003, 03:23 AM
ya but between a 02 M and a 02 stang, lets look at the price difference, you would have to compare a M3 to a new Z06 since theyre in a more similar price category, now who would win in a 1/4 mile race?!
Thats what i thought!
But i get what your saying since the stang should have more power since its newer compared to an 11 year old car!

SickFinga
07-18-2003, 04:24 AM
Mustang non-GT is nowhere near a sports car.
My point is, you should've been beaten him.

Soldo
07-18-2003, 04:46 AM
good point
lol

sirex
07-20-2003, 02:47 PM
the plain mustang non - gt is like a 3 litre engine me thinks.. This is not a race car and it is very cheap. I think most average cars can compete with it very well.

mrsession
07-21-2003, 12:38 AM
well the bimmer has alway's been a solid car firm to do the things I does, the car is a Autobahn car the Mustang is about sales and cheap thrills. no offence to Mustang owners but a opinion.

Bavarias_Finest
08-17-2003, 08:05 PM
The Cobra - Shelby - and Saleen are formidable (0-60) but if you dont have one of those theres no need to have a Stang cause it isnt anything. All American cars are made for muscle and off the line speed and pretty much nothing more Im sorry to say. A Saleen and Cobra tried to follow me on some backroads and they ended up coming out of the same trail an half an hour after I had gotten through it. On a straight line some American cars have what it takes, but guess what it doesnt take skill to drive in a straight line. Just my two cents.....

P.S. One mans trash is another mans treasure

Bigbore
08-18-2003, 03:27 AM
actually i have to disagree, new M3 numbers are usually low 13`s, and corvette Z06 are also low 13`s, so techincally either could win, but the vette is technically made only for race, while the BMW is made for more overall performance.

tlaselva
08-18-2003, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by Bigbore
actually i have to disagree, new M3 numbers are usually low 13`s, and corvette Z06 are also low 13`s, so techincally either could win, but the vette is technically made only for race, while the BMW is made for more overall performance.

And please educate me on where a M3 has 'Overall Performance' over a Z06. :huh?:
Careful now, I've owned both....

Oh and by the way, low 13's for a Z?
I've done low 13's by blowing two out of my 3 shifts.
A Z06 can consistantly pull high 12's.
a M3 can consistantly pull high 13's.
At 100+ mph, a one sec is a BIG difference....

Before you post, educate yourself.
Posts like this only reflect your lack of knowledge about cars...:rolleyes:

Jon@Bimmersport
08-18-2003, 04:23 AM
i think tony's post deserves this..

Bigbore
08-18-2003, 01:17 PM
actually i am "educated" in this respect...

i actually got worried when you said 1 second difference maybe your right, but i hold in my hand a copy of road and track test numbers, stock M3 made passes between 13.1 and 13.4 while the vette made passes between 12.8 and 13.2 WOOOOOW big guy who knows thier shit? Oh personal track experience isnt everything, test numbers from magazines are the most reliable because those guys basically only do that for a living. Although i respect your opinion and the fact that youve had both machines.

Bigbore
08-18-2003, 01:18 PM
oh yeah, i work as a mechanic, i hope i have some "knowlegde"

edit: also vipers pull 12`s all day, with 500hp that would be a 95hp difference

Im not taking into account freak motors etc, i mean ive seen a friends video of his VR6 stock run 14.1... over a second faster then normal.

And last thing, what i meant by overall, was M3 has the softer suspension, is alittle higher up for overall use, has a more luxury interior, it has a little more options etc, while the vette is more of a race oriented car, sorry about the confusion

J50H
08-18-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Bavarias_Finest
The Cobra - Shelby - and Saleen are formidable (0-60) but if you dont have one of those theres no need to have a Stang cause it isnt anything.

All American cars are made for muscle and off the line speed and pretty much nothing more Im sorry to say. A Saleen and Cobra tried to follow me on some backroads and they ended up coming out of the same trail an half an hour after I had gotten through it. On a straight line some American cars have what it takes, but guess what it doesnt take skill to drive in a straight line. Just my two cents.....

P.S. One mans trash is another mans treasure

Sometimes I wonder why mothers do crack when there pregnant, dont they know it produces people like this?

First off all, about Cobra's, with the exception of the 93 Cobra, all Cobra's between 94-98 were fairly garbage cars with a stiff rear axle, and really nothing extrodinary except for the fact they had some extra HP over the bottlenecked GTs. A 99-02 Cobra will hand you your ass on a road course, and then it will spank you in quarter, with the 4v aluminum cast modular v8 there, it takes very well to boost, as the 03 Cobra has just proved (btw I wont go into the 03 Cobra as its not worth going into, its just too sic)

Second of all, a Saleen did not follow you anywhere, as Saleen's are illegal in Canada, you were either racing a V6 with Saleen skirts and badging or you were dreaming when this all happened.

You have no idea what skill or knowledge, time or whatever is put into quarter mile cars, were not talking about the 15s your car runs at the track, or even the 13s your friend runs. Try getting into the sub 10s, where every little thing becomes a factor, and the difference between an 8 second run and a 9 second run is huge, the faster you go, the more things work against you.

I have a road course car as well, thats also fun, and challenging, both have there thrills.

And I quote "One mans trash is another mans treasure" You read my mind, that was just what I was thinking...There is a difference between buying your performance and doing it yourself, personally, id much rather do it myself.

Bavarias_Finest
08-18-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Bigbore

I dont see the relevane since we were talking about Mustangs :confused: ???

tlaselva
08-18-2003, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bigbore
actually i am "educated" in this respect...

i actually got worried when you said 1 second difference maybe your right, but i hold in my hand a copy of road and track test numbers, stock M3 made passes between 13.1 and 13.4 while the vette made passes between 12.8 and 13.2 WOOOOOW big guy who knows thier shit? Oh personal track experience isnt everything, test numbers from magazines are the most reliable because those guys basically only do that for a living. Although i respect your opinion and the fact that youve had both machines. [/QUOTE

Ok.
So some magazine racing two differnet cars, at two different times, at two different tracks & locations , with two different drivers, and you feel you can accurately judge a car's performance?

I'll let your own post speak for itself. :rolleyes:

SickFinga
08-18-2003, 11:46 PM
Bigbone, i'm sorry to say but Z06 owns M3 in any way, well maybe except luxury and practicality.
But Z06 is a way better performance car than M3.

moerom
08-19-2003, 12:34 AM
Most magazines can't drive for shit. R&T or Motor Trend has a Modena listed at 12.9 @ 112.

112 mph is good for a very low 12.

That was just an example.

Most mags list 03 Cobras at 13.1. They run 12.5 all day stock.

A Z06 will run a mid/high 12 with a VERY high trap speed (112-117mph) completely stock. Their times are traction limited.

An E46 M3 in a real world situation would get walked at any speed.

Its not even a contest between the cars. M3= 3400+ LBS 333hp and 269 lb/ft

Z06= 405 HP (underrated), 3000 lbs right on, and 405 lb/ft.

P.S. Tony I still miss those paddle shifters you had!!!

Jon@Bimmersport
08-19-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by SickFinga
Bigbone, i'm sorry to say but Z06 owns M3 in any way, well maybe except luxury and practicality.
But Z06 is a way better performance car than M3.

lol, vlad..its bigbore..not bigbone..hahahah!

bigbore, vlad, tony and moerom are right...Z06 will make the E46 M3 bend over when it comes to performance...but luxury and the rest..i'd take E46 M3 for daily car over Z06..i dunno, i love M3...but Z06 is very tempting

windsor318is
08-19-2003, 01:13 AM
back on topic for a minute....though v6 stangs are SLUGS, i can beat those with my 1.8 lump and 37 pound chromies on each corner!!!!

SickFinga
08-19-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
lol, vlad..its bigbore..not bigbone..hahahah!

lol well i gues he would be happy with a bigbone name:)

tlaselva
08-19-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by moerom
Most magazines can't drive for shit. R&T or Motor Trend has a Modena listed at 12.9 @ 112.
112 mph is good for a very low 12.
That was just an example.
Most mags list 03 Cobras at 13.1. They run 12.5 all day stock.
A Z06 will run a mid/high 12 with a VERY high trap speed (112-117mph) completely stock. Their times are traction limited.
An E46 M3 in a real world situation would get walked at any speed.
Its not even a contest between the cars. M3= 3400+ LBS 333hp and 269 lb/ft
Z06= 405 HP (underrated), 3000 lbs right on, and 405 lb/ft.
P.S. Tony I still miss those paddle shifters you had!!!

Those paddle shifter's were sweet, weren't they....:P
The launch control didn't do anything to improve your driving skill though. Took all the complexity of launching and shifting your car away from the driver.
In a way, I still prefer the 6 speed. Forces you to learn to launch and shift your car properly.
Let's set up another run for Cayuga b/4 the winter creeps up on us.... :mad:

And E46_Lover, your right about luxo and fit & finish and quality.
I remember when I was looking at the Z, I remember how glaringly obvious it was that the Z came no-where near the fit, finish and overall quality of an M3. The M3 is a work of art.
If I was looking for a car I needed to drive daily, or I was a single guy like you looking to impress the female gender, I definitely would've kept the M3. The M3 was one hell of a chick magnet, which for me, being a married guy, could only lead to no-good.....*no-no*

Bigbore
08-19-2003, 04:13 PM
hey guys i never said that the M3 is faster, i even posted that it is indeed slower but not by thaaaat much, anyway i understand what you mean ;)

(i`d still take a laguna seca blue M3 convertible over almost anything)

but speaking of mustangs, isnt that new GT cobra just a fraction of a second slower the the vette now?

Bavarias_Finest
08-19-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by J50H
Sometimes I wonder why mothers do crack when there pregnant, dont they know it produces people like this?

First off all, about Cobra's, with the exception of the 93 Cobra, all Cobra's between 94-98 were fairly garbage cars with a stiff rear axle, and really nothing extrodinary except for the fact they had some extra HP over the bottlenecked GTs. A 99-02 Cobra will hand you your ass on a road course, and then it will spank you in quarter, with the 4v aluminum cast modular v8 there, it takes very well to boost, as the 03 Cobra has just proved (btw I wont go into the 03 Cobra as its not worth going into, its just too sic)

Second of all, a Saleen did not follow you anywhere, as Saleen's are illegal in Canada, you were either racing a V6 with Saleen skirts and badging or you were dreaming when this all happened.

You have no idea what skill or knowledge, time or whatever is put into quarter mile cars, were not talking about the 15s your car runs at the track, or even the 13s your friend runs. Try getting into the sub 10s, where every little thing becomes a factor, and the difference between an 8 second run and a 9 second run is huge, the faster you go, the more things work against you.

I have a road course car as well, thats also fun, and challenging, both have there thrills.

And I quote "One mans trash is another mans treasure" You read my mind, that was just what I was thinking...There is a difference between buying your performance and doing it yourself, personally, id much rather do it myself.

*no-no* Look to the left......I live in Washington DC, thats in the United States of America, where Saleens are legeal. Secondly I dont know any Mustang that can handle 30 and 40 degree turn differentials. As far as I know no Stang has ESP or ETS.I did kill them on the back roads cause they cant take turn at 60 - 70 and the idiot that tried ended up in a ditch with his brand spanking new Saleen.:moon: The Mustang Cobra SVT 03' can do a 1/4 mile in 12.5(in a straight line), but it doesnt mean it can take a turn without its suspension all but buckling under the pressure of a tight curve ......I want an all around vehicle that can handle, not a "straight line bandit," because if your running from the cops what are you going to do when the road becomes a T bone or cuts sharply to the left or right???Your going to lose control in most cases with that FORD suspension. O and lastly Ive driven a Corvette Lingenfelter
------0-60 in 2.0seconds-------
------1/4 mile in 9.2--------isnt that sub 10s my friend??? You do the math??The thing is a bullet, never felt that much torque in my life, but you start breaching 115 you feel the car get unstable, like most American "straight line bandits."For being some self held car guru, you dont know much my friend, and try next time putting a sock in your big mouth before you embarass yourself on the board.

skillton
08-19-2003, 06:43 PM
*no-no* Look to the left......I live in Washington DC, thats in the United States of America, where Saleens are legeal. Secondly I dont know any Mustang that can handle 30 and 40 degree turn differentials. As far as I know no Stang has ESP or ETS.I did kill them on the back roads cause they cant take turn at 60 - 70 and the idiot that tried ended up in a ditch with his brand spanking new Saleen.:moon: The Mustang Cobra SVT 03' can do a 1/4 mile in 12.5(in a straight line), but it doesnt mean it can take a turn without its suspension all but buckling under the pressure of a tight curve ......I want an all around vehicle that can handle, not a "straight line bandit," because if your running from the cops what are you going to do when the road becomes a T bone or cuts sharply to the left or right???Your going to lose control in most cases with that FORD suspension. O and lastly Ive driven a Corvette Lingenfelter
------1/4 mile in 9.2--------isnt that sub 10s my friend??? You do the math??The thing is a bullet, never felt that much torque in my life, but you start breaching 115 you feel the car get unstable, like most American "straight line bandits."For being some self held car guru, you dont know much my friend, and try next time putting a sock in your big mouth before you embarass yourself on the board.
ok so ur telling us european cars are better cause you can run from the cops better? I think u've been watchin a bit too much of the fast and the furious lately...
and how did he embarass himself? i don't get it :confused:

jonathanm5
08-19-2003, 09:34 PM
A long time mustang fanatic, I agree with everyone's comments, a stock v6 mustang can't do very much but to drive girls and old ladies around in a good looking car. The V8s are a whole different story, if you go up against a guy that drives a GT and that knows how to drive it, you'll get your butt handed to you(it depends on the car that you're driving too). A cobra well, it's no point getting into that with the right wheel man behind the wheel, the cobra is a really good competitor. About the car's handling, the cars are not what you can call exotic, or ultimate performer like the ultimate driving machine but they're handling is relatively decent, as long as you don't try any of that fast and furious bullshit. A GT compared with and M3 hey I am a mustang fan and I'll still take an M3 over a GT any day but look at the price difference. I will not get into the whole Z06 thing I don't have the time. Oh one more thing, the Lingenfelter's 0-60 time is 1.97 sec. not 2.0 that 2.0 0-60 belongs to the 800TT Viper. By the way Hennessey just tuned a viper that runs 8s... cool huh...

Bavarias_Finest
08-19-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by skillton
ok so ur telling us european cars are better cause you can run from the cops better? I think u've been watchin a bit too much of the fast and the furious lately...
and how did he embarass himself? i don't get it :confused:

Just thinking ahead, but the fact remains you can take a tight turn going over 60 in alot of European vehicles because of the all around performance they come with as apposed to the muscle and no brains of the American product. If you dont get how he got embarassed on the board, than you yourself are being ignorant.

P.S. Their were two BMWs in the Fast and Furious 2 and one crashed into a wall, they didnt do the cars any justice, because its a movie all about rice.

jonathanm5
08-19-2003, 09:48 PM
Just thinking ahead, but the fact remains you can take a tight turn going over 60 in alot of European vehicles because of the all around performance they come with as apposed to the muscle and no brains of the American product. If you dont get how he got embarassed on the board, than you yourself are being ignorant.

P.S. Their were two BMWs in the Fast and Furious 2 and one crashed into a wall, they didnt do the cars any justice, because its a movie all about rice.

hhmhmhm, I am going to have to get back to you about that comment.

jonathanm5
08-19-2003, 09:56 PM

So, you have driven a lingenfelter, that's awesome, hey what's the engine configuration? Did you drive it in normal tires?

Bavarias_Finest
08-19-2003, 10:08 PM
427 CID TWIN TURBO - 725bhp
HRE John Ligenfelter Signature Wheels w/Alcon 14" rotors and 6 piston calipers.

Bavarias_Finest
08-19-2003, 10:10 PM
He has a pair of Fikse FM 10 Series also.

Bigbore
08-19-2003, 10:18 PM
well all this number talk got me to look at several differnet magazines, and on the internet, here`s what i found...

M3 13.3 at 105
M3 GTR 11.3 at 125

vette 50th ann. 13.4 at 105
vette Z06 12.8 at 110
C5-R 10.3 at 140

SVT cobra 13.3 at 108
GT 14.1 (couldnt find trap)

this is what i found , so dont jump on me if you think somethings not right, im just repeating.

jonathanm5
08-20-2003, 02:43 AM
That's cool so what was your best time on the car, bavarian?

Bavarias_Finest
08-20-2003, 05:36 AM
It runs high 9s, but I say I ran it in the mid 10s. Corvette takes getting use to, but if I had some more time with it I could of maybe been in the high 9s. Its not my car either so I was being careful *angel* .

J50H
08-20-2003, 04:00 PM
Bavaria, do you have any idea what your talking about?

99-03 Cobra's come with an IRS, you do know what an IRS is right? Infact the whole SVT suspension is built for handling, and the engine does the straightline performance, especially the 03 Cobra which with an upgraded exhaust and a new pulley will do 12s with a warranty. SVT is to Ford what the M series is to BMW.

What I suggest, is that you come up to Canada and let me whip your ass in a race, no more racing imaginary Saleens and Cobras on "back roads"

By the way, I got a good laugh about you running from the cops, that shows just exactly what kind of a dope you are, I doubt you have even been to a run, or the track for that matter.

Until then *wave*

Bavarias_Finest
08-20-2003, 06:56 PM
I respect the Cobra and Saleen and alot of other American cars, but you are being absolutely ignorant if you think they are made for anything other than pure muscle. German cars are made to run on the Autobahn, American cars are made for Rte 66 lol, they cant compare to the overall performance which includes unmatched handling, especially in Audis.Why do you think that the cars in Europe are so much different than those in America and that licensing is a whole lot harder to get??? The fact is you would beat me off the line any idiot knows that, but a rolling 60mph start you would be eating my dust cause I would take it to 130+ and you would be too scared your suspension could not handle it.Like I said earlier "American cars are all brauns no brains," the irony in this is I am an American and your a Canadian. It doesnt take skill to drive in a straight line my friend, and youll find that out one day when your owned by a driver of my status.

P.S. If you pass a cop whos stationary and not even facing the same direction you are, Im not going to be an idiot and stop ** which leads to jail** and insane insurance premiums. I turn off my lights on a black car go faster and disappear into the night. Sorry my balls are bigger than yours :cool: . With your thinking you can end up like my buddy below.......

SickFinga
08-20-2003, 08:22 PM
Bavarias_Finest, well if you are talking about handling how come you got Benz which is know for it's shitty handling?

mpower1226
08-20-2003, 08:28 PM
Bavarias_Finest, well if you are talking about handling how come you got Benz which is know for it's shitty handling?

wooo......that must hurt.*par-t*

SickFinga
08-20-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by mpower1226
wooo......that must hurt.*par-t*

truth hurts ;)

betmen
08-20-2003, 10:13 PM
damn, Bavarias_Finest, your getting owned, i think you should retract and be quiet, ppl here apperantly know more then you, so i dun see the point of you continuing

o and by the way, you say that the lights off is a smart idea, the radsar gun detects moving object, so he would notice, cops have night vision thinng in the car and especialy in the US, and second, if you got cought its 20 years jail, jus so you know bud

so i say, wuts more worth it, paying a heaty ticket and insurance rates and being free, or spending 20 years in jail making stoke cars......

SeRb
08-21-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by betmen
damn, Bavarias_Finest, your getting owned, i think you should retract and be quiet, ppl here apperantly know more then you, so i dun see the point of you continuing

o and by the way, you say that the lights off is a smart idea, the radsar gun detects moving object, so he would notice, cops have night vision thinng in the car and especialy in the US, and second, if you got cought its 20 years jail, jus so you know bud

so i say, wuts more worth it, paying a heaty ticket and insurance rates and being free, or spending 20 years in jail making stoke cars......

your spelling is still bad bredren :D, lol is it ever gonna change??

this whole import vs. domestic debate has always been around, and it will continue to be around, neither of the sides will admit they're wrong or whatever the ****, so we might as well learn to get along

Bavarias_Finest
08-21-2003, 06:59 PM
Im getting owned :huh?: Some fool is trying to argue that FORD makes a product which matches up to BMW and Mercedes on an overall basis lol. Another guy says "Mercedes Benz handling sucks," lol. They invented 4 wheel drive, along with the ESP and ETS for improved handling, and they hug the road harder than you can imagine. I think the little ones need to stop make ignorant statements, and realize reality. I still waiting for someone to make one intelligent comment against my argument, but I think theres a lack of knowledge in the room. **excluding a few of you.** Yet none the less I agree we should all grow up and simply talk about cars without getting all sensitive and pissy about the issue, its just juvenile, like previously stated.

P.S. Ignorance does not hurt me (makes me laugh actually) but it does stain the shirt of the man who spoke it as a introvert.

betmen
08-22-2003, 02:27 AM
damn M3 ****ed up, tahts sad man dont post pics like taht again plz?
haha

and lets for the record, FORD SUCKS, they had to take there line up fo cars back cuz they were FLIPPING over, that tells you something about there engeneering

but serious
lets stop this gay fighting
and lets say it togetehr guys "WE LOVE CARS BECUASE WE CAN GO REAAAAAAALY FAST AND **** GIRLS IN THEM"....CAN I GET A ALELUYA?

aight now

hope somone sais aleluya:S

betmen
08-22-2003, 02:28 AM
oooo and serb.......i dun care bout spelling heer everyone nderstands me so its all good man

plus...you know how many times i went to something in the summer cuz of a certain subject:D

SickFinga
08-22-2003, 03:07 AM
Im getting owned :huh?: Some fool is trying to argue that FORD makes a product which matches up to BMW and Mercedes on an overall basis lol. Another guy says "Mercedes Benz handling sucks," lol. They invented 4 wheel drive, along with the ESP and ETS for improved handling, and they hug the road harder than you can imagine. I think the little ones need to stop make ignorant statements, and realize reality. I still waiting for someone to make one intelligent comment against my argument, but I think theres a lack of knowledge in the room. **excluding a few of you.** Yet none the less I agree we should all grow up and simply talk about cars without getting all sensitive and pissy about the issue, its just juvenile, like previously stated.

P.S. Ignorance does not hurt me (makes me laugh actually) but it does stain the shirt of the man who spoke it as a introvert.

newsflash buddy Audi introduced 4x4 for passenger cars
Audi and Subaru are pioneers of all wheel drive.
Both Mercedes and BMW sucks at 4x4 technology.
This is 20th century and american cars can handle.
Forget about muscle cars in 70ties.
Z06 can outhandle any Mercedes out there, well maybe except.

Mercedes can invent whatever they want, it won't make them the best.
Look at 2003 e55 amg. 1997 M5 can outhandle and outbrake it.
Keep in mind Mercedes has 8 pisron caliper and BMW has a single piston.

Out of Audi, BMW and Mercedes. Mercedes is th worst handling car. They are just too soft.
And remember we are comparing high perfromance american cars. Cobra R, Z06. Forget about Neons and Cavaliers.
If you think Mercedes hags the road, drive a bimmer.

tlaselva
08-22-2003, 04:21 AM

Out of Audi, BMW and Mercedes. Mercedes is th worst handling car. They are just too soft.
And remember we are comparing high perfromance american cars. Cobra R, Z06. Forget about Neons and Cavaliers.

Couldn't have said it better myself. *th-up*

Bavarias_Finest
08-22-2003, 07:30 AM

Your right the American car industry is still in the 20th century lol, it is the 21st century and its sad that the same country that invented the automobile is so far behind in engineering nowadays. Audi introduced 4x4 for passenger cars yes and Subaru for rally cross, but Mercedes Benz introduced it to begin with in trucks back to WW2 when they were helping the German war machine, and where do you get that the M5 outhandles the E55, I have not seen anything or heard anything that proves that. The Zo6 is far below both the E55, M5, and RS6. Ive owned BMW 318i - 328is - and Audi A4 1.8T. Audi handled the best and than comes my Benz followed by the BMWs.Keep in mind Benzs are also a whole lot heavier than most BMWs or Audis for that matter on top of it, and still can handle. I loved them all none the less, and would never drive American again sorry to say until they make enough improvements with their cheap corner cutting designs. Too soft lol, you obviously have never drive a Benz, and myself on the other hand Ive driven it all and I have no quoroms with BMW - AUDI - or BENZ, its Ford - and GMC, I have problems with, and its too well based to even waste my breathe anymore.

“Based on our previous road test, the E55 AMG can almost keep up with the Dodge Viper SRT-10, and for sure can outrun a Corvette Z06 without breaking a sweat.”

READ THIS: E 55-------RS6 (http://roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=663&page_number=2)

SickFinga
08-22-2003, 08:44 AM
Your right the American car industry is still in the 20th century lol, it is the 21st century and its sad that the same country that invented the automobile is so far behind in engineering nowadays. Audi introduced 4x4 for passenger cars yes and Subaru for rally cross, but Mercedes Benz introduced it to begin with in trucks back to WW2 when they were helping the German war machine, and where do you get that the M5 outhandles the E55, I have not seen anything or heard anything that proves that. The Zo6 is far below both the E55, M5, and RS6. Ive owned BMW 318i - 328is - and Audi A4 1.8T. Audi handled the best and than comes my Benz followed by the BMWs.Keep in mind Benzs are also a whole lot heavier than most BMWs or Audis for that matter on top of it, and still can handle. I loved them all none the less, and would never drive American again sorry to say until they make enough improvements with their cheap corner cutting designs. Too soft lol, you obviously have never drive a Benz, and myself on the other hand Ive driven it all and I have no quoroms with BMW - AUDI - or BENZ, its Ford - and GMC, I have problems with, and its too well based to even waste my breathe anymore.

“Based on our previous road test, the E55 AMG can almost keep up with the Dodge Viper SRT-10, and for sure can outrun a Corvette Z06 without breaking a sweat.”

READ THIS: E 55-------RS6 (http://roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=663&page_number=2)

Where i got it? I'll post a video of the RS6 vs M5 Vs E55.

E55 is faster than z06 on the streight line. on the race track, Z06 will eat e55 alive. E55 is just a streigh line car. Like all othe Benzes. They are soft and heavy.
If you think your C230 Kompressor handles better than 328is or 318 you are on cheap drugs.

And we can clearly see that you don't know shit about car history too.
First 4 by 4 were Willys' that were made in America.
And no, pioneers in AWD for rally were Audi's. Way before Subaru even entered rally events
Country that started car industry was germany. Ford just started to built more affordable vehicles.

SickFinga
08-22-2003, 09:07 AM
Here is the video
Enjoy
http://redirect.streaming.szm.de/redirect/redirect.php?type=vod&codec=real&stream=K1/auto/aa121002/limos.rm

SickFinga
08-22-2003, 09:19 AM
http://caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=6567&page_number=1

BMW_7
08-22-2003, 02:30 PM
Bavaria's finest, you are so narrowminded. American companies (especially GM - Corvette) have proven to improve drastically on quality - which you claim to argue, stating that Ford and GM are shit? Wake up, buddy, the harsh reality is that Mercedes and Audi is declining in in quality and customer satisfaction:

.D. Power and Associates Reports: (AS: Wow! Did Mercedes-Benz take a dive this year!)
While Japanese-Branded Vehicles Continue to Lead in
Long-Term Quality, the Domestics Outpace Europeans

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 8, 2003

WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif.—While Japanese-branded vehicles continue to dominate in terms of long-term vehicle quality, the Europeans have lost their edge over the U.S. domestic-branded vehicles, according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2003 Vehicle Dependability StudySM (VDS) released today.

The 2003 study, which measures problems reported by original owners of 2000 model-year vehicles at three years of ownership, finds that although there is near parity between U.S. Domestics and Europeans in terms of initial quality, substantial quality gaps appear between the Domestics and the Europeans in long-term durability. On average, models by domestic automakers outperform the Europeans by 49 problems per 100 (PP100) vehicles at three years of ownership.

"Conventional wisdom said that dependability was the property of the Japanese and Europeans," said Joe Ivers, partner and executive director of quality/customer satisfaction at J.D. Power and Associates. "While that’s still true for automakers like Toyota and Honda, it’s no longer the case for many of the Europeans. Porsche, Jaguar, Saab and BMW perform well above the industry average in dependability, but many other European brands are bought based on a reputation for long-term quality and fall far short of even the average. This is in stark contrast to the results of the first VDS, conducted in 1990, when Mercedes-Benz led the industry.

Other notable performances in the 2003 results include Subaru and GMC, which both performed considerably better when measured at three years in VDS than when they were measured at 90 days of ownership. At the other end of the spectrum is Mercedes-Benz, which experiences the largest quality gap between initial quality and long-term quality measurements. Also deteriorating more rapidly than the average vehicle are Audi and Volvo.

Some problems that occur much more frequently as vehicles age include excessive brake wear, air conditioning system issues, wind noise and the replacement of components not called for under the normal maintenance schedule. New problems that arise as vehicles age include issues with shocks and struts; faded, cracked or worn materials; worn or broken moldings; cracked and peeling paint; and various fluid leaks.

Long-term quality measures have a big consumer impact. Among new-vehicle buyers, 52 percent indicate that long-term durability is among their most important factors in choosing a vehicle. Further, among used-vehicle buyers, 42 percent report buying a used vehicle instead of a new vehicle because they felt that the quality of the used vehicle is as good as a new one. This is particularly true among luxury used-vehicle buyers.

"With the proliferation of long-term warranties being offered on new vehicles and the increasing popularity of manufacturer-sponsored used-vehicle certification programs, long-term quality issues are critical to manufacturers and their bottom lines," said Ivers. "Manufacturers must align themselves with consumer expectations for durability. Long-term quality issues have a substantial impact on customer retention, even among ‘got to have’ models that seem impervious to quality issues at their introduction....

Oh and why are you comparing the Z06 to the E55 AMG? For the price of the E55 Not to mention that the Z06 will eat the M3 on the track (which will kill your heavy E55 dragster), you can buy something like, oh, Ford GT which I'm sure will beat the E55 (oh, right, I don't think it will cause it's a Ford!)

Yes, I know ,there are no tests regarding those two models, but

2003 Ford GT

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/large/1689-2.jpg

5.4L supercharged V8
Power: 500.1 BHP / 372.9 KW @ 5250 RPM
Torque: 500.0 FT LBS / 678 NM @ 3250 RPM
BHP/Liter 92.4

2003 E55 AMG

5.4 Liter supercharged V8
Power: 476 BHP / 355.1 KW @ 6100 rpm
Torque 516.3 ft lbs / 700 Nm@ 2650 - 4500 rpm
BHP/Liter 87.5

Ford, piece of crap? Man you are a moron. I bet the Ford GT will even cost less.. and will be more exclusive.

tlaselva
08-22-2003, 03:15 PM

Ya, every time I read that, I laugh.
Let's look at one very simple, indisputable fact.
Let's look at HP to weight ratio, usually the most accurate way to properly determine a car's acceleration.

Your beloved E55, as stated by the link you posted: 9.44 lb/bhp

A C5 '03 Z06: 7.8 lb/bhp.
(3150 lbs @ 405 HP)

A '03 Viper: 6.4 lb/bhp
(3200 lbs @ 500 HP)

Now you tell me with these numbers how a E55 is going to keep up to a Z06 in a quarter mile, let alone a Viper.
Fact is, with an experienced driver behind the wheel of the Z06, a E55's going to take a spanking. If it goes up against a Viper, it's going to take a beating.
Fact is, like I said before, magazines will write stuff to appease the car manufactures that are lending them these fine cars for their toying pleasure.

Numbers don't lie. People do.

And if you don't believe numbers, I'll gladly lay that theory to rest with a few runs at Cayuga, if you can find someone with that car that isn't afraid to run that pricy toy.

SickFinga
08-22-2003, 03:38 PM
tlaselva, isn't gearing and torque matter too?

Adriano
08-22-2003, 10:03 PM

:D Ha Ha
1.Buddy you are completely lost. What planet are you from? I personally know 2 people in Windsor owning Saleens. I didn't know that they could licence illegal cars:confused: Mabey I am wrong about this, so someone with half a brain tell me if this is true?
2. Cobras and stangs in general are absolutely $hit when it comes to cornering, I've had one. I've driven an 03 and will eat it for lunch on any corner, any day, any weather. A personal friend has a 02 cobra with a blower. Sure he could take me 1/4 mile but on a track, not even close. J50H you should really understand what you are talking about befor you post! I have rocked countless mustangs, new, old, moded, not, any yet have only been beaten in 1/4 mile by the 02 with blower. On a track, they don't even compare. Oh yea, I spanked a Rouch (sp?) 3 months ago. What a POS. Rocked him.*wave* Shouldn't have wasted my nitrous.

One more thing. Windsor318 (Al), We have to find that Jag. so I can feed it to em again. What a puss. I hate biatches that rev their engine and turn right at a light. I think that he got scared when I was toying with him. Sounds like something that a 5.slow would do.

OK now I am going to get raped. Be gentle please!

windsor318is
08-23-2003, 02:48 AM
ha ha ha....yes it would be nice to have a 100,000 dollar jaguar XJR to the M3 kill list! (your gonna have your ass handed to you by me one day you know!!!!)

Jon@Bimmersport
08-25-2003, 08:56 PM
windsor and adriano..please guys, my bike is way faster..just look how 328dtm gets kills on his bike

lol jk

i'll get vids of tlaselva's car at the track this friday at cayuga..u guys wanna come??

2 330ci's, z06, my bros car, maybe sickfinga

tlaselva
08-26-2003, 01:17 AM
windsor and adriano..please guys, my bike is way faster..just look how 328dtm gets kills on his bike

lol jk

i'll get vids of tlaselva's car at the track this friday at cayuga..u guys wanna come??

Jon,

Why don't you open a thread for this Friday's visit to Cayuga.

Adriano
08-26-2003, 12:19 PM

lol jk

Well, I don't think that I'll be able to make it. I'm BBQing mustangs this weekend.:D

windsor318is
08-27-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Adriano
Well, I don't think that I'll be able to make it. I'm BBQing mustangs this weekend.:D

when your done bbqing mustangs come out to Park 29, its insane you gotta get there at 9:00 when it opens though*th-up*

P.S. arent you getting sick of bbqing those, doesnt it get boring???:D

J50H
08-27-2003, 02:47 PM
The problem is bozo Bavaria talking shit about things he knows nothing about. For some sort of a big shot hes driving the most pussy car out there, the Kompressor was made for females and men with small penis who cant afford a real MB.

Me grow some balls? How about you grow some balls man, Im not the one driving around in a pussy wagon that doesnt get any pussy.

But you dont really have a car do you? your just posting from your basement, and your running from the cops idea was taken from Too Fast Too Gay, its alright man, you can admit it.

Adriano, you make me laugh. :D

Adriano
08-27-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by windsor318is
when your done bbqing mustangs come out to Park 29, its insane you gotta get there at 9:00 when it opens though*th-up*

P.S. arent you getting sick of bbqing those, doesnt it get boring???:D

Not to take over this thread, but this weekend is labour day weekend*par-t* *par-t*

Going to COUNTRY CAMPING all the way!!*drink* *par-t* *drink* *par-t* :puke:

windsor318is
08-27-2003, 09:47 PM
Not to take over this thread, but this weekend is labour day weekend*par-t* *par-t*

Going to COUNTRY CAMPING all the way!!*drink* *par-t* *drink* *par-t* :puke:

have fun old man:rolleyes: is it the "country camping"...the one thats actually called that, its about 30 hour passed london??

Adriano
08-28-2003, 12:33 AM
have fun old man:rolleyes: is it the "country camping"...the one thats actually called that, its about 30 hour passed london??

Dude, what are you talking about. It is about 3 hours away.

Alcohol*drink* and pure adult fun*angel* if you know what I mean.
How do you figure that I am old?? When I hit 30 then you can say that!

Ok we have officially took over this thread:P

windsor318is
08-28-2003, 12:44 AM
Dude, what are you talking about. It is about 3 hours away.

Alcohol*drink* and pure adult fun*angel* if you know what I mean.
How do you figure that I am old?? When I hit 30 then you can say that!

Ok we have officially took over this thread:P

we took over along time ago, anyways is this the place fag?? campings gay (http://www.camping.on.ca/)

jonathanm5
08-28-2003, 02:25 AM
The problem is bozo Bavaria talking shit about things he knows nothing about. For some sort of a big shot hes driving the most pussy car out there, the Kompressor was made for females and men with small penis who cant afford a real MB.

Me grow some balls? How about you grow some balls man, Im not the one driving around in a pussy wagon that doesnt get any pussy.

But you dont really have a car do you? your just posting from your basement, and your running from the cops idea was taken from Too Fast Too Gay, its alright man, you can admit it.

Adriano, you make me laugh. :D

hahahahaha that is so freaking funny, I hope that when he said that he smoked that saleen and that other car, he didnt say that he did it in that puss car, cause I aint going to believe him haha.

One more question do you guys really believe all that thing about him driving a Lingenfelter Corvette? For as far as I am concerned Ligenfelter Vettes are really expensive, and it takes a lot of skill to drive it. The guy that tested the vehicle in Motor Trend magazine says that after a couple practice runs he clocked 9.2sec 1/4 mile and he is saying he ran 10s and that was because he was being careful. Man.... you must be on hell of a driver.....

WHAT-EVER:D

Adriano
08-29-2003, 11:34 AM
we took over along time ago, anyways is this the place fag?? campings gay (http://www.camping.on.ca/)

YEA THATS THE ONE*drink*
This place is great! If you want to go in the pool after 11pm, you must be naked!! LOTS OF WHORES! My brother had three ways all weekend last year. The chicks are horney as hell and all they want is to get laid. I'm there!*wiggle*

windsor318is
08-29-2003, 09:54 PM
YEA THATS THE ONE*drink*
This place is great! If you want to go in the pool after 11pm, you must be naked!! LOTS OF WHORES! My brother had three ways all weekend last year. The chicks are horney as hell and all they want is to get laid. I'm there!*wiggle*

fukker i wanna go!!*mw* *mw* *mw* *mw* .....the reply i got form my friends was "why would you wanna go there??":mad: